Status: Active

Phantom Horse

Chapter 14

Roger grabbed my reigns and jumped onto my back as the other guys set loose the gate door. He yanked on my reigns which the metal bar crashed into the sides of my mouth and I shrieked and reared up onto my hind legs and pounced outside of the little confined box. I tried to buck him off a few times but he clung on for dear life so I added in a few sharp turns. Then I thought of something. I looked over at the fence and ran towards it slamming my side against it. I sucked in a deep breath as pain shot through my side and lost air.

He must have gotten his foot up and out of the stirrup in time before the crash because his foot was reaching for the hole again, before he his foot reached it I pounced in the air and rolled over onto my back where he yelled and fell of my saddle with a big thump on the ground a humph as he hit the ground.

I got back to my feet as did he and he looked drunkenly pissed off. He hollered at the guys something I couldn't understand with his little slur and the guys jumped off the rail and came to him. As they whispered between themselves and then stared towards me with creepy grins. I gave the a warning and bared my teeth at them but that didn't seem to make them stop. They spread out and tried to surround me. I looked around for any possible way i might be able to escape from them but I came up empty handed.

I reared up on my hind leg's and pawed at the air in front of me hoping to scare them away or at least one of them so I could squeeze through but they were just grinning wider. So I let out a warning and rammed into one of the guys. I didn't want them to get hurt, yes, they were torturing me and oh I don't want to hurt them. Well I'm just not the type for violence. I heard a crack of a whip go off and I jumped with a little frightened neigh. I looked back slightly right as I heard the crack and something hitting me on the rump and I felt the sickening pain against my hind quarters and let out a pain-filled neigh and jumped as I grinded my teeth together. A couple guys grabbed my reigns and started to pull me towards the confinement box so they could get on me. I still had that sting on my rump that was now covering with silver blood.

See, Unicorns have silver blood even when you transform into something else. Saddest thing is that for any other magical creature it's poison, besides to other Unicorns. But the blood stains our coats for a few days. Too humans if they touched the blood there finger would burn and sting and if you got it all over you, it'd look like you were caught on fire. Or worse you could die if it slips into a cut that's just healing. A human could become immortal if they drank unicorn blood mixed with their own blood, but, after that they have to keep drinking unicorns blood everyday other wise you shrivel up and die.

I felt another slap against my hind quarters with the whip and let out a pain-filled neigh again as I felt the burning in a different place. I wanted to go insane and just get out of here and be free from this insane cruelty. I allowed them to take me back and they closed the fence, I sighed as another guy sat on me and pulled my reigns back making my heard arch and the pain came back into my mouth from the first yank and this time I could taste the metallic taste of my blood.

The metal door swung open and the guy on my back kicked my sides and I took off. I bucked several times and I swerved around to try to knock him off. My breaths came out fast and quick as I tried to throw him off. They guy yanked back on my reigns which tore the cut on my lip and tasted more metalicness as I halted to a stop which took the guy in for some surprise and conked him in the head making him fall off. I snorted and I took off to go jump over the fence but there was suddenly a sickening crack of a whip and the blow against my hind quarters and I took a hearty fall to the ground with a pain-filled whinny and a thud to the ground stirring up a dust cloud around me.

My head hit the ground and I inhaled deeply. My vision blurred up a little and I felt weight on me. I kicked my legs out at who ever was near me and rolled over and knocked off the people on top of me. I let out warnings and bared my teeth as best as I could. That's when I heard a voice that I haven't heard before, "What the hell are you doing to that poor horse?"

I heard and felt that everyone of them paused so I lad my head back on the ground and closed my eyes. As Roger replied I heard the snark in his voice, "None of your damn business Luke. Nothing here concerns you."

"I should think it does. I do make sure the horses are treated well and I was suppose to check out the mare. She happened not to be in her stall so I looked around and find her getting beat up by a bunch of filthy drunks." The guy Luke said which sounded like he was pissed.

I rolled onto my stomach and looked at the guy who was being called Luke. He had short light brown hair, scruffy mustache and beard, and grey misty eyes as far as I could see where I was at. He was lean and his abs showed through his white tank top. He looked like he was pretty pissed. He had his arms crossed and was looking at the drunk idiots. Roger glared at him, "You stay the fuck outta my business! I don't even get why Mr. Boasts hired you worthless shit."

"Don't start your shit with me Roger. I have nothing to do with you. Let the mare go before ya kill her."

Roger snorted, "It's been 2 fucking weeks and this mare's still not wild, it's just not possible."

Luke rolled his eyes and walked over to the gate door and opened it, closing it behind him. He shook his hand, "Get a long Roger before I tell Mr. Boasts what idiotic thing you have done."

Roger spit right at Luke's feet and the drunk bastards walked away like nothing ever happened with there slur of words and wobbly footsteps they were off. I let out a sigh of relief and owed it to this guy. That doesn't mean I trust him or anything. I slowly made my way to my feet as he came over gently and slowly and reached for my reigns, I allowed him to grab it and lead me to the stables. He let me walk slowly since I was still kind of out of breath.

He led me into the barn and into my stables, closing the stable door behind him he came in and took off the bridle. I moved my tongue around and opened my mouth a few times as he moved to my saddle which I cautiously watched him unbuckle and take off. Luke hummed softly as he moved the tack outside of my stall and I went to my water and took in a few gulps of water, feeling as the cold water slid down my throat, relieving its pain from giving off warnings and shrill neighs.

I heard the stable door creak and my right ear swiveled in that direction and I turned my head just a little bit to see that the guy look was back with a bucket of what looked like to be warm soapy water a few towels and some grooming supplies. I let out a sigh. He did save me from those guys and it wouldn't feel that bad to get washed and groomed. I guess if he's good then I'll allow him near me.

He stuck one of the towels into the water and pulled it back out and wringed out the un-needed water and began rubbing it on me. I felt the warm soapy water against my skin ans my skin twitched underneath the gentle strokes of his hand in pleasure. My body missed the warm showers and the grooming. Yes I'm a unicorn and I'm missing being human, but I actually enjoy being human. I closed my eyes as he was washing my skin back to its bright white gleam and my mane into it's silky waves which he decided to put braids in my hair with bright red bows. I watched him as he groomed me he had a soft smile on his face. He also braid my tail and put a bow on that which I snorted at both of them and he just laughed softly.

I stuck my tongue out and smiled, well in a horsey way so not to scare him with a human one. I flicked my tail at him and it hit him softly in the side and he jumped back a little then looked at me with an eyebrow raised. I just neighed at him and went back to eating oats. After probably half an hour of extra grooming his cell rang and he pulled it out, "Hey."

"No, I'll be home soon."

"K. Bye."

He hung up his phone and sighed, he walked over to my side and patted my side and said, "Well mare I'll be here in the morning. Goodnight."

I neighed at him as a goodbye as he walked out of my stable closing it and walking down and smiled back at me as he disappeared outside. I let out a happy sigh and leaned against the back of my stall. It had been a while since I've felt clean and smiled as I closed my eyes and drifted off slowly to sleep peacefully.