Status: Active

Phantom Horse

Chapter 7

He stretched out his hand slowly as not to spook me at all; the big juicy apple in his hand coming closer and closer. I look up at Matt and saw that he wasn't planning anything. It's good not to think that it was a poisonous apple so I wouldn't have to be worrying about being Snow White. I stretched out my neck to his out stretched hand and sniffed at it. I could smell the sweet scent of it wavering off of it.

Taking a bite I snatched the apple away and snorted. Matt let out a laugh as I pranced in a circle as I quickly chewed on the apple. Shaking my head I tilt my head to the side as I looked at him still wondering why he was here when hours before I humiliated him in front of the 2 P.E. classes. Boys and girls all different ages and grades. He must love animals not to care about their owners though. I still didn't think of him any other way than I do now though. He still was a player to me even if he didn't seem that way when I first met him.

He looked at me with a smile and I could see the adoration in his eyes. He was definitely and animal lover. I took a few steps back and reared up as I let out a little whinny and turned around and galloped back around the house to my herd. When I reached them I neighed softly and trotted over to the stall with my clothes. When I stepped inside I felt my little white hairs receding into smooth ivory skin and my mane grow into blond hair. When I finished I walked out of the stall and into the house. Ballad right beside me, "My lady, the guy is gone."

"Thank you." I said and smiled at him.

Sighing I went into my bedroom deciding to take a little nap. I had nothing else to do and I felt a little tired from the run earlier. And besides I have nothing else to do since I've finished my homework in class. What do you expect I have most of the subjects down but I'm still having a hard time with some of the topics in certain subjects. Still as every time I move somewhere else to attend another school for only 2 years. I laid on my bed and looked out the window watching the oncoming cold air blow our way..

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

When I woke up it was dark but I could also see the light coming from outside my window. I looked out the window to see it wasn't light at all but a thick cover of snow forming layers on the ground. A smile spread on my face. I could almost feel the coldness numbing my fingers. I let out a puff of air and watched the white fog-like cloud come out. Giggling I got up and changed into something nice and warm; looking in the mirror I had jeans a t-shirt and my favorite furry jacket. Not made of any animal.

I walked right out of my room and into the living room where Ballad was snuggling in between some blankets. I giggled at seeing Ballad all balled up and peacefully sleeping. Looking up at the clock it said 5AM. No wonder I'm up early, I went to sleep early. I walked over to the fire place and piled some logs into the fire place and grabbed some matches and newspaper. Crunching up the newspaper and sticking it in between the logs I lit the match and held it to the paper which quickly caught on fire and ignites the logs on fire.

I stood up and walked into the kitchen to make me some breakfast. Ah this was going to be a good weekend. Schools almost over and it's going to be winter. Smiling I flipped the eggs and turned over the bacon. After a few seconds the smell of eggs and bacon and moaned in delight. I heard a little yip and sigh like something was stretching and just waking up. I looked to see a little snout poking up from the couch as it twitched. Probably smelt the food. I giggled, "Morning Ballad. Sorry if I woke you."

"Good morning to you too, my lady." He yipped half groggily at me and half cheerful.

I smiled, "Good. Well I fried up 2 pieces of bacon if you want them. Can't spoil you too much can I now."

"Now that wouldn't be any fun if you didn't." He chuckled and winked at me as he walked quickly out the doggy door that I had placed for him.

I quickly finished up and sat at the table and forked a piece of egg in my mouth and let the savoring begin as the warm yolk slowly made it's way on my tongue. I sighed in delight. I loved home grown eggs. Now I don't have any chickens but my neighbors are kind enough to give me a couple dozen a week since they raise a bunch of chickens and most of them they don't know what to do with. I come over there and help the out every now and then so it makes me feel better that I'm at least helping them out when they're giving me them.

I picked up a piece of bacon and took a little bite as Ballad slipped back inside through the little doggy door. I laughed at him as he quickly shot off towards the fire place to warm off. Shaking off the driblet’s of snow he had on him and the fire hissing as the some of the water hit it softly. Lying down on the bricks he started to clean himself. Smiling I finished up my breakfast and grabbed the two last pieces of bacon and walked over to Ballad and set them down in front of him. He took in a deep inhale of the scent and scarfed the two pieces down. I burst out laughing at that as he licked his little chompers.

I smiled and walked towards the back door. I still needed to feed my herd. When I got there I grabbed my big fluffy jacket and opened my door as a blast of cold white flakes blew into my face. The ground was covered in snow. It was probably about an inch or two. I stepped into the snow and walked over to my herd and smiled as they neighed happily and trotted over to me. Petting them I went over to the little barn that held the hay and grabbed a hand full and put it in the hay rack. Then I quickly sprayed the water trough so it wasn't that dirty and added some new water in it and made sure it wasn't too cold but not at all hot.

After finishing I hurried back inside and quickly over to the fireplace to warm up next to Ballad. I unzipped my jacket and slid it off hanging it on a coat rack close to the fire place but not too close so I couldn't catch it on fire but would dry off. I rubbed my hands up and down my arms; wrapping them around myself as Ballad cuddled up to my side trying to help me warm up. I smiled and waited for myself to stop shivering and my teeth to stop shaking. I loved Winter, but that doesn't mean that I like that it's so cold.