‹ Prequel: Kiss Me or Not

Wish We Were Older

Don't Leave This Place

From the minute I walked out of my bedroom, I could smell bacon. Mm, lovely bacon. I loved it. Oh, and I could also hear my grandma talking with my mom. How joyous.

"Good morning." I said, pushing my hair back. I was already dressed as I knew my grandma always had people over, and I didn't want them seeing me in pajamas.

"Morning." My grandma smiled up at me. "There's a plate by the stove for you. It should still be warm." She said. I nodded, and walked over there.

"So has Tegan been good?" My mom sipped her coffee and looked at me. I looked away, and grabbed the coffee pot. I filled up my grandma's mug, then gave my mom some. "Cause you can always send her back home."

I poured myself a cup of coffee, then added some creamer so it didn't taste horrid. "I've been good mom. I haven't been sneaking out or partying." I rolled my eyes. I never did that stuff anyways.

"Just making sure." She said simply. It suddenly got a little quiet. Mom and I really didn't talk much anymore. After Charlie left to go back home, mom started mocking our relationship, and I started to rebel. I mean, I didn't do drugs or anything. But I did start talking back, dyed the tips of my hair an bright neon purple, which she hated. I think the thing she hated the most though was the fact that I had spent half of my savings on a new laptop when my old one died.

She had started ignoring me long before I moved out. I eventually just got tired of it, and asked my grandparents to live with them. Luckily, they said yes. I didn't want to have to ask Nancy or Bridget if I could stay with them, cause that was just awkward. And it didn't help that Nancy really didn't like that I was dating Charlie. She wanted him to date her. Even though she was horrible with long distance relationships.

I on the other hand, was handling it quite well. I had been single for so long, I could handle having him away. I knew I didn't need him with me every single day. It would be nice though to see him once a week in person.

"I'm going to go to Starbucks. I have to help a friend with a paper." I said then walked into my room. I unplugged my Macbook, and put it in my backpack. I grabbed the charger and put that in the backpack too, along with a few memory sticks and blank papers. "I'll be back in a few hours." I kissed my grandma's cheek, then waved awkwardly to my mom.

"Okay, have fun. Be careful." My grandma waved happily to me, then continued talking with my mom. I nodded and jogged into the basement to say bye to my grandpa.

"I'm going out for a bit. Do you need anything?" I hugged him then stood up straight. He shook his head.

"I don't. Thank you." He smiled gently then looked back at the tv, where he watched the news. I smiled back and walked back upstairs. I grabbed my car keys then walked outside and to my car.

I got in my car, then started it up. The music blared loudly through the speakers. "Ahh!" I whined to myself and turned it down. I had forgotten to turn it down last night after I came home from work.

I texted Tyson to let him know I was on my way, then drove to Starbucks to meet him.
♠ ♠ ♠
DUN DUN DUN.
Oh wait, this chapter was so boring. :( That's saddening.
I'm sorry! The next one should be a little better :x I hope.

Comments please? ^__^

Oh, and if you click this, I'll @ reply you back on twitter. :3 <3 <3 ^__^

-Ashley Dawn