Status: Active

I'll Be Waiting up Counting the Stars

Tell Me You Never Wanna See My Face Again

"You want to meet Jack?" I asked breathlessly.

"Yes, Janie. I made a mistake, but I want to meet my son. I want to be a father." He told me sincerely.

"Oh God, Jacob. I- I don't know. Jack, he's going to be confused and- and I just don't know if he's ready to have you just-"

"You don't know if he's ready, or if you're ready?" He asked, stepping closer to me.

"How was Scotland?" I asked, changing the subject.

"You weren't there." He replied.

"I told you I wasn't going to move to Ireland with you." I said.

"I was in Scotland, love." He smirked.

"Same thing." I shrugged.

"Stupid American." He murmured.

"Creepy Irishman." I smiled.

"You look beautiful, love. The years have been good to you."

He was standing so close that I could feel his breath on my lips. He looked so cute in his The Doors t-shirt and ripped jeans.

"Last time I saw you, you said you hoped my boobs would stay that big forever." I reminded him.

"They did." He chuckled.

I scoffed and pushed him away.

"C'mon deary, I was just jokin' with you." He laughed. Dear Lord that accent made me weak in the knees. He sounded just like Gerard Butler.

"Jacob Greene, this isn't a joking matter. If you want to be in your sons' life you need to prove to me that you'll be there for him." I lectured, throwing my hands up into the air.

"I can be there for the both of you." He told me, with his perfect smile.

"No. You lost your chance with me when you left. The only reason I'm speaking to you right now is because of Jack. Us fighting won't do him any good." I sighed, running a hand through my hair.

"I'm still in love with you, Janie. You're the mother of my child." He stressed, making me feel bad.

"I'm confused right now, okay? Just let me sort things out before we try anything." I said in that sort of pre-cry voice.

"I'm sorry, Lanie, I didn't mean to mess with your head." He apologized, stepping towards me again.

"Let's just...go home." I sighed, grabbing my things and getting ready to leave.

"Are you still living with your folks?" He asked.

"Ha, yeah right." I scoffed. "I'll tell you about it on the way. How'd you get here?"

"Cab." He replied. "My stuff is still with the lady at the desk."

"Okay, then get it and let's go." I ordered as I stepped out of my office.

"Yes, m'lady." He smirked.

I rolled my eyes and kept walking.

The car ride was mostly silent. I was confused. I don't know what to do. I don't know what my heart wants. Or who.

We pulled into the driveway and his knees were bouncing just like Jack's did when he was anxious.

"Okay, so here we are." I said as I turned off the car.

"This is a great place, Janie." He smiled.

"Thanks." I said as I got out of the car.

We were walking up the steps when I stopped and turned to him.

"Listen, he might not be what you expect, and he might not warm up to you immediately, but just give him a chance." I warned.

"Just let me meet the boy." He smiled.

I nodded and opened the door.

"Mama!" I heard a little voice squeal.

I paid Tina and led Jacob into the kitchen while I went into the living room to get Jack. He was coloring on the floor watching Mad Men on demand.

"Jack Michael Carter! What have told you about watching Mad Men?" I said, scolding him.

"I'm sorry, mama." He mumbled.

"Just don't let me catch you doing it again, okay?"

"Mhmm." He nodded.

"Good. Now give me a hug. I missed you, honey." I smiled, dropping to me knees and holding my arms out.

He grinned and gave me a big hug.

"Listen baby, there's somebody I want you to meet." I told him.

"Okay." He shrugged.

I smiled and took his hand, leading him into the kitchen where he came face to face with his dad for the first time.

"Hey Jack." Jacob said, getting on one knee. "I'm Jacob. I'm your father."

"What? Why do you talk weird?" He asked. Jacob looked up at me, like he didn't know what to do.

"Jack, sweetie, he's your dad." I said, getting down on his level.

"No he isn't! I have a dad and you're not my dad!" He cried.

"Sweetheart, what are you talking about?" I asked before he took off running back to the living room.

"Well, I suppose I deserved that." He sighed. "Who's the other dad?"

"I don't know. Maybe my dad? But they barely ever see each other..." I wondered aloud.

"Janie, if you're seeing someone you can tell me."

"I'm not. I don't even know who he's talking about."

"Do you think he'll warm up to me?" He asked.

"I'm sure he will. Let's just give him a few minutes." I suggested. "I'll make him some cupcakes and he'll calm down."

"Okay." Jacob nodded.

"Have a seat." I offered.

He pulled out a kitchen chair and sat down.

I pulled out a box of cake mix and started whipping up some cupcakes.

"Where's your bathroom?" He asked, getting up.

"It's right across from the front door." I told him.

He nodded and got up, only to come running back.

"Did you leave the front door open?" He asked in a panic.

"No...why?"

"I think Jack ran away."
♠ ♠ ♠
Where did Jack go?!

Comment some predictions! And thanks for commenting on the last chapter lovelyhope, roro15 and hopelesslyhopeful! You guys rock!