Status: Active

I'll Be Waiting up Counting the Stars

You'll Always Be My Baby

I was woken up in the morning by little hands shaking me awake, so I turned over on my side and forced my heavy eyelids open.

"Mama! Daddy!" Jack whined.

"Hm, baby?" I asked in raspy voice due to my sore throat.

"It's thundering!" He said excitedly. "Angels are bowling!"

"That's right, sweetie. Now go back to sleep." I told him, hoping he would comply.

"No, mama! I'm not tired!" He complained.

I sighed and pushed my body up. I looked over at Austin whose lips were holding a groggy smile.

"Good morning, darling." He said in a voice thick with sleep. "Morning Jack attack."

"Good morning daddy! Did you hear the thunder and lightening?!" He asked.

"I sure did. How about we go downstairs and watch it while we let mama rest?" He suggested.

He truly was my savior.

"Yeah! Let's go watch it in the big window!" He shouted as he leapt off the bed and ran downstairs.

"Thank you." I said to Austin.

"A kiss would be a better thank you." He smirked.

I rolled my eyes and leaned over before giving him a short peck on the lips.

"Mmm, much better." He grinned.

I laughed and cuddled back into the covers while he got out of bed and walked downstairs to entertain Jack. I opened my eye and peeked at his boxer clad butt while he was walking out.

I flashed back to last night and how we were so close to having sex. I didn't regret it either. It felt right because he was being the kind of man I need. I love him, and when you love somebody you give them everything. Although, Austin already had my everything, Jack.

It amazed me how well they meshed together. They were like yin and yang. Complete opposites that complimented each other perfectly. Austin was unorganized, carefree, and rebellious while Jack, although still young, was neat, proper, and quiet.

He really was the perfect father for Jack. I couldn't imagine anyone, even Jacob, as a better dad for him. Partially because nobody showed the kind of love to him that Austin had.

I think that was part of what bonded he and I together the second time. He took Jack under his wing, adopted him for lack of a better word. He understood what it was like to love a child the way a only a parent can. He would never let Jack be hurt, he would sacrifice anything for him, and he would give him anything he wanted. Austin understood what real love was.

Real love isn't what he and I have, it's what he and I have for Jack. Loving somebody so much, and unconditionally for no real reason. The look in his eyes and the smile on his face told me all I needed to know.

I had no clue how Austin could do it with a child that wasn't his, but he did. He was Jack's father.

Austin

"Is mama still sick?" Jack asked suddenly as he looked away from the storm outside.

"Yeah, she just needs some sleep and love. She'll be fine." I told him.

"Are you sure she won't die?" He asked, looking up at me, petrified.

"I'm sure, buddy. She'll be fine." I assured him.

He nodded and went back to watching the storm but it got me thinking; what if Janie did suddenly pass away? What would happen to Jack? Would he go with her parents? His real dad? Foster care?

I couldn't let any of those things happen to him. I'd be devastated if I had to lose them both, especially at the same time. Jack is like my son.

No, he is my son.

"Can we have breakfast now?" He asked.

"Of course we can." I said with a smile on my face.

We walked into the kitchen and I pulled down a box of cheerios, two bowls, two spoons, and laid them on the counter. He fetched the milk from the fridge and I started pouring the cereal out.

"How much do you want, little man?" I asked as I shook some cereal into his bowl.

"More!" He smiled.

I shook a bit more in.

"That's good." He said, putting his hand up for me to stop.

"Are you sure?" I asked as I shook a little more in to tease him.

"Yes!" He screamed before bursting out into a fit of laughter.

I chuckled and poured some into my bowl. I unscrewed the cap from the milk and poured it over the cereal before handing Jack his bowl and taking mine.

We walked into the living room and sat side by side on the couch watching tv. He turned it to some sitcom and we both sat there happily munching away.

After a few more hours of watching tv, somebody finally joined us.

"There are my boys." Janie said as she walked in.

"Mama! Are you still sick?" He asked as he ran over to her.

"I'm feeling a bit better, sweetie." She said as she picked him up and kissed the top of his head.

I don't think she ever yelled at him. Not that he would ever need to be yelled at, but still. She was so loving all the time. She was the perfect mom.

She took a seat next to me on the couch with Jack in her lap.

"Hi." She smiled before leaning over and placing a soft kiss on my lips.

I wanted much more than that, but I knew I had to wait.

"How did you sleep?" I asked.

"Very well, thank you." She laughed, mocking my polite question. "Did you get to watch the storm, Jack?"

"Yeah! We watched it from the big window. It was so cool." He told her.

"Good." She smiled.

We watched some more tv and had sandwiches for lunch. After that, Jack had to go take his nap and Janie and I had some alone time downstairs.

We cuddled up much like we were the night before and kissed and talked. I ran my hands over almost every inch of her body. It felt amazing to have her so close to me.

"Is he getting up soon?" I asked her.

"Yeah, in a few minutes probably." She murmured while running her fingers through my chest hair.

"Good." I nodded.

"You really love him, don't you?" She asked with a smile.

"I've been thinking." I stated, not answering her question.

"Yes?"

"I want to adopt him."
♠ ♠ ♠
Aww! What do you think Janie and/or Jacob will say? Give me some predictions!

Sorry this one was short.

How about 7 comments for an update?