Status: I'm in the process of rewriting a few things, this story being one of them.

The Raven

Wearing Your Disguise

“She isn’t in here,” Abraxas whispered.

Rolling my eyes, I replied, “Imagine that.”

The boys grinned, but I kept scanning the Great Hall for her. I don’t understand the reasoning of skipping every meal every day. Where does she eat? What does she eat? Does she eat? Everyone eats. She apparently has friends, but I haven’t the slightest clue as to whom, besides Longbottom. I don’t know what she does, much less goes, and I don’t know her friends, or anyone who would know even the tiniest bits about her, except for Longbottom, who won’t tell me a single thing. Not even a lie to get me away from him. A lie, although pointless and ultimately just time consuming, would please my ears more than being shut out.

“The Grey Lady fancies you.”

I snapped back into the current moment and looked at Abraxas, “What?”

He gave me a confused look, “The Grey Lady, she fancies you, doesn’t she? If she knows where Nyathera is, or at least where she goes, she’ll be straight.”

I nodded and quietly finished my mashed potatoes. All my energy needs to go to finding Nyathera, not to thank Malfoy for his statements of the obvious. She would know about Nyathera, though. She is the Ravenclaw Ghost.

I walked away from the table without another word. The boys looked at me curiously for a moment or two, but went back to their conversations. The main halls were empty, but I didn’t expect to find her somewhere open and obvious. The dungeons don’t seem to appeal to her; she leaves potions early and comes in late. I don’t know why Slughorn likes her. At all.

I couldn’t find the Grey Lady or Nyathera, so I decided to go to the Room of Requirements – I’ll ask for a map of where Nyathera goes – but there was already a door. My confusion was tied between who else would know about this and why didn’t they hide the door?

Perhaps Nyathera?

Algie wasn’t at dinner either.

I opened the door. Worst case scenario, memory charms.

The room looked like a beach, even with an ocean lapping at the shoals. The Room of Requirements isn’t supposed to do this. It gives you what you ask for, not where. But it has given me what I’ve been looking for; Nyathera sat near the ocean, the gentle waves almost tickling her feet. Algie’s arms were wrapped tightly around her, squeezing her to him, keeping her stuck against his chest. Her whole body shook violently while she wailed. He slowly rocked them back and forth while holding her.

I closed the door behind me, but I only stood in front of it.

They ignored me for hours.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments?