Status: Active

No Goodbyes This Time

Who's Going With Who?

The twins, Harry, Ron, Hermione, Dean, Seamus and I sat in the Great Hall, studying under the supervision of Professor Snape.

"This is mad. At this rate, we'll be the only ones in our year without dates!" Ron said. Snape walked past and slapped Ron over the head. "Well, us and Neville."

"But then again, he can take himself." Harry said.

"It might interest you to know that Neville's already got someone." Hermione said. Ron gasped.

"Now I'm really depressed." He said. George threw a note to Ron from across the table. It read 'Get a move on or all the good ones will be gone!' "Who are you going with then?" George screwed up the piece of paper and threw it at Angelina. She turned around and gave him an icy look.

"What?" She said.

"Do you," He pointed at her, "want to go to the ball," he began dancing in his seat, "with me?" He pointed at himself. She smiled and nodded. My head fell into my hand.

"Hermione, you're a girl." Ron said.

"Oh, well spotted." Hermione muttered sarcastically.

"Do you wanna go-" Ron began before Snape hit him over the head again with a book. "Come on. It's one thing for a bloke to show up alone. For a girl, it's just sad."

"I won't be going alone because believe it or not someone's asked me." Hermione stalked away and turned in her paper to Professor Snape. "And I said yes!" She stormed out of the hall.

"Hayley?" Ron asked desperately.

"Nope, she's going with me." Dean said. "Just as friends." I smiled.

---

I helped Ron through the doorway of the common room.

"It's okay, Ron." Ginny assured him. "It doesn't matter."

"What happened to you?" Harry asked, standing up with his egg pressed to his chest.

"He asked Fleur Delacour out." I muttered, putting him into an arm chair.

"What!" Hermione said and walked over to us.

"What did she say?" Harry asked.

"No, of course." Hermione sniffed. Ron shook his head and looked as though he was about to throw up. "She said yes?!"

"Don't be silly." I said.

"There she was, walking by. You know I like it when they walk. I couldn't help it, it just sort of slipped out." Ron said dreamily.

"Actually you sort of screamed at her. It was a bit frightening." I said.

"What did you do then?" Harry asked.

"What else?" Ron said. "I ran for it. I'm not cut out for this, Harry. I don't know what got into me. I've always liked looking at them from behind." Harry disappeared after the Patil twins.
♠ ♠ ♠
Weeee! Aw, Dean and Hayley are such good friends. :D
-Ellie x