Status: Active

No Goodbyes This Time

Over Me Already.

Harry, Ron, Hermione and I wandered through the forest with Hagrid later that evening. Ron was shying away from me, I didn't blame him for the way I screamed at him.

"I remember, I remember when I firs' met you all!" Hagrid said cheerfully. "Biggest bunch a' misfits I ever set eyes on! S'pose you remind me of myself a little. And here we all are, four years later!"

"We're still a bunch of misfits." I said.

"Well, maybe. But we've all got each other. And Harry o' course. Soon to be the youngest Tri-Wizard champion there's ever 'ben!" Hagrid shouted. "HOORAY!" He laughed heartily.

"Hogwarts! Hogwarts! Hoggy, Hoggy, Hogwarts!" Hagrid, Hermione, Ron and I began singing. "Teach us something please!" I saw Harry snap his hand to his scar. I stopped as his eyes grew wide.

"Harry, are you okay?" I asked. He took a step back.

"Mr. Crouch?" He murmured. I ran over to him and there he was. Barty Crouch lay behind a tree, dead. I covered my mouth to stop myself from screaming.

---

I had been thinking about what I said to Cedric for a while now. I could now tell he was lying when he said he was going to be okay. I also felt terrible about snapping at Ron and the twins. They looked terrified. Further more, Mr. Crouch was murdered and Harry was the one to find his body. And today was the day of the third and final task. All in all, it hadn't been a great couple of days.

I ran downstairs into the common room and looked around. Fred and George weren't there.

"Lavender? Have you seen the twins?" I asked.

"Don't you always know where they are? You're like the third twin, you've got some weird connection thing with them." She growled and kept reading her magazine.

"No, for your information, I don't know where they are. Why else would I ask you?" I hissed. "Please just tell me where they went."

"They went to the Great Hall for breakfast." She said, flicking a page.

I rushed out and almost flew down the stairs. I pushed a few second years out of my way as I ran.

"Oi!" They yelled.

"Shove off! Watch where you're going next time!" I shouted back, already long gone.

I threw the hall doors open and scanned the room for them. I saw them sitting down the very end of the Gryffindor table. I walked quickly towards them and they turned and looked at me.

"Here to yell at us again?" George asked.

"No. No, of course not." I said, slightly out of breath. "I thought about what I said and I'm so sorry. I was PMSing or whatever. I'm really, REALLY sorry. Please forgive me."

"Should we forgive her, George?" Fred said, grinning.

"I don't know, I think I'd feel more forgiving if she got onto her knees and begged." George chuckled.

"Now you're taking it a bit too far." I said, smiling.

"Then maybe we don't forgive you." Fred said and turned back to the table. I fell to my knees.

"Please, please, please, PLEASE forgive me!" I whined. They looked at each other.

"Alright then, get up." George said and made me sit back in between them. This was where I felt most comfortable. Most safe.

I heard people cheering down the other end of the hall. I looked over to see Cedric entering the hall. I caught his eye and he waved at me. I breathed out, hoping all was forgiven. I waved back.

"Hayley, can I talk to you for a second?" He asked as he made his way closer.

"Sure." I climbed away from the table and followed him out of the Great Hall.

"I have good news." He said. "I felt really stupid about yesterday and I thought about it. I see now that you're not... not the right girl for me."

"Really? Over me already, Diggory?" I joked. He laughed but nodded.

"I asked out Cho Chang, she said yes!" He said. He didn't look so sincere. His mouth was smiling, his eyes were in pain.

"That's great, Cedric!" I said and hugged him. "I'm so happy for you."

"I'm happy for me too. I'm glad you set me straight before I got in too deep. Thank you, Hayley." He said. I shrugged.

"Eh, it's what I'm here for. Good luck today. With the last task."
♠ ♠ ♠
Look, he's all sad and the task is today and jhkdgjkdsgs. It's just not going well for Cedric, is it?
-Ellie x