Status: Active

No Goodbyes This Time

The Final Task.

A band played as everyone cheered. The last task was a maze. But not just any maze, one of the biggest mazes you've ever seen in your life. Fred, George and I were back to taking bets.

"Silence!" Dumbledore shouted. The band quietened and the shouting and cheering stopped. "Earlier today, Professor Moody placed the cup deep within the maze. Only he knows it's exact position. Now as, Mr. Diggory," Hogwarts students burst into loud cheers. I clapped as Amos pulled Cedric's arm into the air. "and Mr. Potter," Fred, George and I stood and cheered loudly. "are tied for first position, they will be the first to enter the maze. Followed by Mr. Krum," The Durmstrang boys cheered and shouted. Hermione cheered but then stopped abruptly, her cheeks growing red. "and then Miss Delacour." The girls of Beauxbatons cheered and clapped quietly and politely. "The first person to touch the cup will be the winner!" Cheers erupted everywhere. "I have summoned the staff to patrol the perimeter. If at any point a contestant wants to withdraw from the task, he or she need only send up red sparks with their wands. Contestants!" Dumbledore turned around and gathered them into a tight circle and began murmuring to them.

"What do you think he's saying?" I asked.

"Probably saying that Krum, Diggory and Delacour have no chance and should give up now!" Fred said.

"Because Potter is our champion!" George said.

"YEAH!" We shouted and chuckled.

"Champions! Prepare yourselves!" Dumbledore cried and they each stationed themselves at different entrances. We stood and yelled again. "On the count of three. One - " The cannon blew early, as usual and the task had begun. Cedric walked confidently into the maze, whereas Harry looked a bit hesistant.

"GO HARRY!" Fred, George and I shouted. He nodded and entered the maze. The entrances closed up and they were both gone. Soon after, Viktor and Fleur had entered the maze too.

"Shall we go back to our bets? Since we'll be here a while. No one's going to find the cup for hours." I said. The twins nodded and we carried on finding people who wanted to place bets.

Alot more people were betting on Harry since the first task. It made me feel better that people had found more faith in Harry.

---

It had been four hours since the task begun and the crowd were beginning to get weary. The sun had set about an hour ago and the stars were twinkling past the fire lit stands. Red sparks had gone up once, it was Fleur who was taken out of the competition. She was curled up at the bottom of the stands now.

Suddenly, Harry and Cedric fell to the ground outside the maze, Harry clinging to the cup. Everyone stood up and cheered, but I noticed Cedric wasn't moving. He wasn't blinking.

"No." I whispered.

"What's wrong, Amsterdam? Potter won!" Fred said.

"NO!" I screamed. I pushed the crowds of people rushing down out of my way and fell to my knees by Cedric's body. Fleur screamed behind me. I heard Harry crying as he lay across Cedric's chest. Dumbledore ran next to us. I brushed a tuft of Cedric's hair away and held his face in my hands. Tears streamed down my face as though they wouldn't stop.

"Harry!" Dumbledore said, trying to drag him off of Cedric.

"NO! NO!" Harry screamed.

"What is it, Dumbledore? What happened?" Cornelius Fudge said, running to his side.

"He's back! He's back! Voldemort's back!" Harry cried. My breath caught in my throat. No way. "Cedric, he asked me to bring his body back! I couldn't leave him! Not there!" Harry broke down. I shook my head.

"No. No! This isn't happening!" My voice shook. "Cedric, don't do this!" I screamed. The crowd was silent.

"It's alright, Harry. He's home. You both are." Dumbledore said.

"Keep everybody in their seats!" Fudge shouted. "A boy has just been killed." He muttered to Snape.

"Miss Amsterdam, return to your seat." Snape said at my side.

"No!" I said, holding Cedric to my chest. "No, no, no!"

"The body must be moved, Dumbledore!" Fudge said. "There's too many people."

"That's my son!" Amos cried, running towards us. He fell beside me and put a hand on Cedric's face. "That's my boy!" I put a hand on his shoulder. He looked at me and I hugged him quickly as he started wailing.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry!" I repeated over and over, stopping occasionally to sob loudly and choke on my breathe. Everyone stood in silence, respecting Cedric's lost soul. It wouldn't be lost to Amos, nor would it be lost to me. He would live inside me everyday.
♠ ♠ ♠
I never cry over Cedric's death, I always cry over his father's reaction. So sad. D:
-Ellie x