Status: Active

No Goodbyes This Time

Tri-Wizard Tournament Introduction.

"Now that we're all settled in and sorted, I'd like to make an annoucement." Professor Dumbledore began.

The Great Hall doors burst open and Filch began running strangely up the aisle to Dumbledore.

"This castle will not only be your home this year, but home to some very special guests as well. You see, Hogwarts has been chosen- "

Filch began murmuring something to Dumbledore.

"Yes, okay. So, Hogwarts has been chosen to host a legendary event. The Tri-Wizard Tournament!"

"Brilliant." Fred, George and I said.

"Now for those of you who don't know, the Tri-Wizard Tournament brings together three schools for a series of magical contests. From each school a single student is selected to compete. Let me be clear, if chosen, you stand alone. Trust me when I say these contests are not for the faint-hearted. But more of that later. For now, please join me in welcoming the lovely ladies of the Beauxbaton's Academy of Magic and their headmistress, Madam Maxime."

The doors opened once again and a group of girls in sky blue uniforms stepped through the door. They sighed this way and that, almost making one boy faint. The boys all stared at them as though they'd never seen women in their lives. I hit the twins on the stomach.

"Keep your tongues in your mouths." I muttered bitterly.

"Bloody hell!" Ron said excitedly. A flock of birds flew from their arms as they danced around the front of the hall. An abnormally tall woman in a fur coat walked past us.

"Blimey!" Seamus said. "That's one big woman!"

The girls bowed and the school erupted in applause. Some boys wolf whistled and cheered. Hermione, Ginny and I looked at each other with similar expressions. Disgust.

"And now, our friends from the north, please greet the proud sons of Durmstrang and their high master, Igor Karkaroff." Dumbledore said.

A large pack of strong looking boys marched in slamming their sticks on the ground, sparks flying at their touch. We stood as they ran forwards and began performing impressive acrobatics at the front of the hall. Viktor Krum and the high master entered looking fierce and determined.

"Blimey, it's him!" Ron breathed. "Viktor Krum!" A boy up the front blew at the end of his stick and a burst of flames swarmed the air.

"Why don't YOU keep your tongue in your mouth, aye Amsterdam?" The twins said.

"Shut up." I said, sitting down.
♠ ♠ ♠
Mm, have to admit, those Durmstrang guys are pretty hot. Wouldn't mind one of those, huh? :P
-Ellie x