Status: Active

No Goodbyes This Time

Mad-Eye Moody.

"Your attention please!" Dumbledore called out across the hall. "I'd like to say a few words." He put a hand on the large golden cabinet next to him. "Eternal glory. That is what awaits the student that wins the Tri-Wizard Tournament. To do this, that student must survive three tasks. Three extremely dangerous tasks."

"Wicked." Fred, George and I said.

"For this reason, the Ministry see it fit to impose a new rule. To explain all this, we have the head of the department of international magical cooperation, Mr. Bartemius Crouch." Lightning and thunder stuck the ceiling and rain began leaking through. Some people screamed. A strange man who had an eye strapped to his face cast a spell at the roof and sealed it.

"Bloody hell, it's Mad-Eye Moody!" Ron murmured.

"Alastor Moody? The auror?" Hermione whispered.

"Auror?" Dean asked.

"Dark wizard catcher. Half the cells in Azkaban are full, thanks to him." I said.

"He's supposed to be mad as a hatter these days." Ron said. Moody's mechanical eye zipped around the room. He began limping around the staff table towards Dumbledore. They began muttering to each other. Moody took out a flask and took a hearty swig.

"What's that he's drinking do you suppose?" Seamus asked.

"I don't know but I don't think it's pumpkin juice." I said.

"After due consideration," Crouch began, "the Ministry has concluded that for their own safety, no student under the age of seventeen should be allowed to put forth their name for the Tri-Wizard Tournament." Students began booing and shouting.

"That's rubbish!" Fred, George and I yelled. We were the loudest of everyone's booing.

"You don't know what you're doing!" George yelled as Fred and I booed extremely loud.

"Silence!" Dumbledore bellowed. He cast a spell onto the cabinet which melded into a large goblet with blue flames licking the air. "The goblet of fire. Anyone wishing to submit themselves to the tournament merely write their name on a piece of parchment and throw it in the flame before this hour on Thursday night. Do not do so lightly, if chosen there's no turning back. As from this moment, the Tri-Wizard tournament has begun."
♠ ♠ ♠
More short chapters D:
-Ellie x