Status: Active

No Goodbyes This Time

The Aging Potion.

I sat with Hermione and watched a few boys from Durmstrang put their names into the goblet. Everyone clapped when a name was successfully put into the goblet. Some kids threw Cedric over the age line. I'd forgotten he was seventeen.

"Come on, Cedric!" I said and clapped. He looked at me and grinned. He put his name into the goblet and several Hogwarts students cheered. He looked at me again, seeming triumphant. I nodded to him in acknowledgement. He was swarmed with a bunch of Hogwarts students and he left the hall.

"Eternal glory. It'd be brilliant, wouldn't it? Three years from now when you're old enough to be chosen." Ron said to Harry.

"Rather you than me." Harry said. Fred and George burst into the room and everyone cheered.

"Thank you, thank you. Well lads! We've done it!" George said, high fiving several kids in the room.

"Cooked it up just this morning!" Fred said.

"It's not going to work." I chimed. Fred and George leaned down to both sides of my head.

"Oh yeah? Why is that, Amsterdam?" George asked.

"You see this?" I said, pointing at the smoky line surrounding the goblet. "This is an age line. Dumbledore drew it himself."

"So?" George asked.

"So, a genius like Dumbledore couldn't possibly be fooled by something as pathetically dimwitted as an age potion." I said.

"Ah, but that's why it's so brilliant." Fred said.

"Because it's so pathetically dimwitted!" George said. They chuckled and stood on the edge of the tears. They both shook their potions.

"Ready, Fred?"

"Ready, George!" They pulled the corks out and intertwined their arms.

"Bottoms up!" They said, chugging down the potion. They jumped over the line and looked down. "Yeah!" They laughed and danced around past the age line. They both put their names in the goblet. It didn't spew them straight back at them, so they seemed successful. "Yes!" They high fived each other. Suddenly, the blue flames began zooming around the hall angrily. The fire turned red and threw them both backwards. I stood up to see if they were okay. They had both grown long white hair and matching beards.

"You said!" George yelled.

"You said!" Fred shouted. They both scrambled to each other and began to roll around on the ground fighting.

"Fight! Fight! Fight!" Everyone chanted. I stood up and ran over to them both.

"Break it up! Stop it! Stop it!" I shoved them both apart. Everyone fell silent. I stood up and looked at the goblet and left Fred and George to fight. Viktor Krum stepped across the line and put his name into the goblet. He stared at Hermione and smiled then followed Karkaroff out of the hall. She looked down at her book and smiled.
♠ ♠ ♠
Average sized chapter? Eh, not that anyone's reading/commenting -_- Disappointment.
-Ellie x