60 Things Not to Do at Hogwarts

Professor Flitwick's First Name Is Not Yoda

Drew McGreggor was walking down the corridor, her Harry Potter voodoo doll gripped securely in her right hand, when she saw Professor McGonagall approach from the opposing direction.

“Wotcha, fellow Scot!” she greeted, making a point to hide the doll within her robes. “Top o’ the mornin’ to ya!”

The professor sized Drew up, silently admiring the girl’s Scottish attitude. It reminded Professor McGonagall of herself, when she was much, much younger. But she would never admit to those thoughts. “And shouldn’t you be in class, Miss McGreggor?” she suggested, giving the Slytherin girl a disproving look over the tips of her spectacles.

Drew paused, popping a well-groomed brow in McGonagall’s direction. “Shouldn’t you?” she shot back with a coy smirk.

Instead of taking ten points from Slytherin, like she should have, the professor winked. “Touche,” the elderly woman replied with a smirk.

For Drew, this was a win with a capital W. She was renown for getting away with shit, but McGonagall territory could tend to get sticky.

Drew waited for McGonagall’s footsteps to fade down the corridor before removing the doll from her robes once more. She observed it for a second, snorting at the fact that there was even a lighting bolt-shaped scar on its forehead, before removing a pin from the dark mess of hair piled high on her head and stabbing it promptly into the doll’s right hand. She grinned with satisfaction, because she knew that somewhere deep in the castle, Harry Potter had just winced in unexplained pain.

Mischief Managed.

---

Piper watched Snape’s enchanted piece of chalk scribble a note on the board, using the quill in her hand to do her best to keep up with the fast tempo. The chalk stopped, and she sighed with relief at the hand cramp she could feel from writing so much in so little time.

Cedric leaned over, and gave her a swift kiss on the cheek when Snape was faced away. Although, like he had eyes in the back of his head, he swiveled around and looked directly at the teen couple. He sneered at them for a minute, before something else caught his attention.

Diffindo,” She heard someone whisper from behind, and instantly felt pain as something magically cut her back. She screamed in pain, and the ripping stopped, but she could already feel the blood drenching her white long sleeve with the Hufflepuff Crest embroidered on the chest, a Christmas gift from Cedric.

Snape walked over, and cast a spell to stop the pain, and told her to go to see Madam Pomfrey. Piper slowly got out of her seat, and had only walked a few rows, before someone reached out their leg and tripped her. She ignored the laughter, and looked up at the 2nd year Ravenclaw, Cho Chang. Piper forced a smile, got off the ground, and left the dungeon where Potions was taught.

“Watch it ya bloody fool!” Someone yelled as she turned the corner too quickly, and bumped into them. She recognized the person as Drew McGreggor, a loud-mouthed Slytherin. Piper glanced down and saw a doll-like thing in her hands, complete with a scar on the forehead… Which looked exactly like Harry Potter.

“Care to explain?” She asked, crossing her arms purposefully, and standing up straighter, trying to produce authority, even at a height of 5’1.

---

For a second, Drew fumbled with her words - a rare occasion. "Aye, ya Neap!" Drew yammered back, her Scottish accent coming out strong as she used her homeland's slang. "I've been thinkin' of makin' one to resemble you, as well."

The girl's mouth moved, as if she were about to retort, but them clamped shut again. She looked at Drew, the six inch difference between the two not exactly helping her case. And if Drew weren't mistaken, she thought she could see a hint of hurt in the girls emerald green eyes. Just as Drew was about to feel a tad of sympathy for the bloody girl, the bloke lurched forward and stomped her foot on Drew's with a stubborn, "Hrmph!"

"Bloody hell!" Drew shrieked, trying not maul the brat right then and there. Physical violence wouldn't help Drew's case, not while he was watching.

With one last glare, Drew side-stepped the girl and moved to take her rightful seat, the one just behind one Draco Malfoy. The boy of her dreams. Though she would never admit that. Not to herself; not to anyone.

Especially when she'd just been publicly embarrassed, and had the throbbing foot to prove it.

---

Piper glanced around quickly, before disapperating, and appearing right in the infirmary. It nearly gave old Madam Pomfrey a heart attack, so did the amount of blood gushing from her wound. The old nurse set to work, and had everything fixed just as the lunch bell rang. She bid goodbye to the old woman who had already started cleaning up after the mess it took to fix her, and she got to the door just as a winded Cedric stumbled in, leaning on the doorway, breathing heavily.

“Are you…. Okay?” He asked, and she smirked at him; he was sucking in air pretty quickly for being a Quidditch player and all. She stood on her tip-toes, and gave him a quick peck on the lips. She nodded with a grin, to his question, and intertwined her fingers with his hand as they walked towards the Grand Hall for lunch.

“Oi! Aren’t ya the bloke that nearly broke my toe?” Piper’s eyes grew at the familiar, heavily-accented voice, and slowly turned her head around, spotting the brunette from down the long corridor. She bit her lip, and let go of Cedric’s hand, before turning and walking in her direction, carefull not to run into any other student.

“Do you want to have a go?” Piper questioned, still angered by the vicious attack Cho had made, just because Cedric was hers. The Slytherin merely raised her eyebrows, giving her a ‘Did you really have to ask?’ look. Piper quickly retracted her wand from her knee-high sock, and watched as the students parted like the Red Sea, giving the girls a clear view of one another.

“Piper,” Cedric said, lightly touching the infuriated Blonde’s shoulder, but she merely shrugged his hand off, glaring at her opponent, as the got closer together, finally stopping at a good battling distance.

Levicorpus,” Piper said quickly, watching as the spell caught the Scottish girl, and quickly flipped her upside down and let her dangle for a few seconds, pretending to yawn, just to fire up the crowd. More people gathered as they suddenly saw a student’s feet in mid-air.

---

"Fuck!" Drew grunted, colliding with the ground as her opponent used the counterspell. Slowly, and none too gracefully, Drew got up, smoothing out her robes as she aimed her gaze towards the blonde, her eyes narrowed into tiny slits. The corridor grew completely silent, waiting in anticipation for Drew's next move. With a twitch of her lip, Drew shouted, "Rictusempra!" Purple streaks shot from her wand and directly into the blonde's chest, causing the girl to double over in a fit of giggles. Drew's lip curved in approval, releasing the curse maybe a moment longer than she intended.

The girl was on her knees before she was able to recover from the tickle-attack. And when she did, it was none to kindly. With a scowl, the girl got to her feet, stomping in Drew's direction. Drew braced herself, ready to counter any spell that the girl might have conjured. They were nearly a nose's length apart when she stopped, staring Drew in the eye, wand poked promptly into her chest. But instead of casting a spell that would no doubt blast the fuck out of Drew's cleavage, the girl let out a snort and collapsed into Drew's shoulder, giggling. And this time, it wasn't because of the Tickling Charm.

Drew did the same, using the shorter girl to support herself as her body was racked by laughter. How silly, she thought, thinking of all the students surrounding them, waiting for some legit battle to take place. Then, as if this whole thing were part of an act, Drew and the blonde girl turned towards the crowd, arms wrapped around one another's shoulders, and took a bow.

"I'm Drew," the Scot whispered as they up righted once more to a cheering mob of peers.

"I'm Piper," the blonde whispered back, giving her shoulder a squeeze as if they had been friends all along.

---

“Dueling here, are we?” Everyone whipped around, eyes landing on the intruding Professer Flitwick, in all of his three-foot-nine glory. Piper bit her lip, still feeling the adreneline from the duel pumping through her veins.

“I’m sorry Professer, is your first name Yoda?” She asked boldly, happy to be taller than the dwarfed teacher. Everyone was silent for a minute, until Drew burst out laughing.

“CAUSE HE’S SHORT! AND SPOKE CRYPTICALLY, I GOT YA!!!” The Scot exclaimed, grabbing her side like it was the funniest thing in the world. Soon enough, the student body started laughing, and Piper stood tall, grinning at the new feeling of rebeling. Cedric walked towards his girlfriend, grabbing her wrist, and pulling her away from the mad teacher, Drew following, hoping to spend some time with the loud Hufflepuff she had just dueled with.

“THERE ARE RULES MS. HARRIS! LEARN TO FOLLOW THEM!!” The enraged Professer yelled, but Cedric just led the girls farther from the crowd, out of the school and towards the lake, and finally stopping and to take a seat.

“HOLY SHIT THAT WAS AWESOME! Let’s do it again.” Drew exclaimed, grinning like an idiot. They all sat there for a couple moments, before a tall blonde made his way over.

“Impressive Harris, Flitwick blew his casket.” Malfoy said, shocking the group with the rare compliment to come from this man. “You too McGreggor, you should sit with me in Potions class, a bad ass like you is rare," he said, then the barely noticeable smile melted from his lips, replaced by his signature sneer. “Diggory.” He said coldy, and Cedric nodded, before Draco walked away from the group, back to his band of followers.

“It would be so awesome to do something like that every day, you know, making our own rules. It was exhillerating.” Piper said, her eyes unfocused as she relived the last couple minutes, burning them into her memory. Drew popped off the ground and screamed in delight, looking at the confused couple on the ground ready to spill her train of thought.

---

"Let's make our own!" she exclaimed, practically dancing in her own delight.

The Hufflepuff couple stared at her for a second or two, as if the girl was completely off her rocker. Which, considering her heritage, she probably was.

Drew rolled her eyes and let out a disbelieving laugh. Her hair wafted around her waist in the wind as she addressed the duo. "You know what I'm sayin'?" she began, using her hands to emphasing her words. "We make our own student rule book, based on our own experiences?"

The two were expressionless for a moment before a smile broke on Piper's lips. "You're bloody brilliant," Piper told her new friend. "Let's do it."
♠ ♠ ♠
First chapter!
For further clarification, Drew's POV is written by Maddie (LuckyNumber87) and Piper's POV is written by Emma (emmaredFMS?)

And this isn't some deeply plotted story meant to boggle all of y'all's minds.
It's meant purely for humor. So enjoy! :)

Comment & Subscribe!

- Maddie & Emma <3