Status: Done.:)

They Can Never Have Yesterday

1/1

Memories, sharp as daggers
Pierce into the flesh of today


I shot up out of bed. I looked around my room and wiped the sweat off of my forehead using the back of my hand. I laid back against my pillow and sighed heavily. It was just a dream. I glanced over at my end table next to my bed. I stared at the picture of my best friend then at my ceiling. It hadn't been a dream, Kelsey was actually gone. A tear slid down my cheek.

Suicide of love took away all that matters

I'd been best friends with Kelsey since we were five. I've secretly had a crush on her for a long time, but I never had enough courage to tell her. Now it's to late.

And buried the remains in an unmarked grave in your heart

About a week ago Kelsey and I were suppose to go to a party together, but my parents grounded me. The night of the party, Kelsey said she'd hangout with me at my house instead. But I told her to go, to have fun for both of us. It was my fault she went.

With the venomous kiss you gave me
I'm killing loneliness (Killing loneliness)


When she left the party, she called me and told me she decided to not to go home, but to come visit me. As she was driving down the street, she wasn't paying attention and ran a stop sign and was in a car accident. She died on impact. It was my fault. She was my everything. Now I'm alone.

With the warmth of your arms you saved me,
Oh, I'm killing loneliness with you


All I have let of her are memories and a picture in a frame. I sighed again and pushed my thought of Kelsey out of my head. I shut my eyes tight and fell asleep.

The killing loneliness that turned my heart into a tomb
I'm killing loneliness


Once I'd showered, I walked to school.

"You look like hell, Josh." Chris said as we met up on the corner and continued walking to school.

"I know. I didn't get much sleep." I said. The rest of the walk was silent. When we got inside of the school, we went our separate ways. I walked up to my locker and twisted the combination into my lock. I pulled out my Trigonometry book and shut my locker.

"Hey, babe!" Alice called smiling. Alice was my girlfriend. I wanted to love her, I really did, but my heart belongs to Kelsey.

Nailed to a cross, together
As solitude begs us to stay


"Hey!" I said and forced a smile. I wrapped my arm around her shoulders as we walked to first period. We sat down as the lesson started. I began to daydream. I dreamed about the day Kelsey and I met.

Disappear in the lie, forever
And denounce the power of death over our souls as secret words are said to start a war


We were so happy and carefree back then. I wish we could've stayed that way forever. Maybe she'd still be here. My heart began to shatter. A small voice in the back of my head continued whispering it was my fault she was gone.

With the venomous kiss you gave me
I'm killing loneliness (Killing loneliness)


Once class ended, Alice and I had lunch. We got our lunch and sat at our usual table. I pushed the tray of food away. I couldn't eat, even if I wanted to.

"Is something wrong?" Alice asked. Yes, everything! My mind screamed.

"No, I'm just tired." I lied.

With the warmth of your arms you saved me,
Oh, I'm killing loneliness with you
The killing loneliness that turned my heart into a tomb
I'm killing loneliness


"Are you sure?" she asked, concerned and I nodded. I felt bad for lying to her, but it was for the best. Or that's what I wanted to believe. I just hoped I was convincing her because I wasn't even convincing myself.

I'm killing loneliness
With the venomous kiss you gave me
I'm killing loneliness (Killing loneliness)


Alice sighed but didn't say anything once lunch was over. I decided to skip the rest of my class. I told Chris and Alice I was leaving and snuck out of school. I began walking. I had no idea where I was going. I was just going.

With the warmth of your arms you saved me
Oh, I'm killing loneliness with you
The killing loneliness that turned my heart into a tomb
I'm killing loneliness


I walked for about an hour and sat at a bus stop. None of this area looked familiar, but I somehow felt safe. Almost comfortable. I got on the bus and paid my fair. I sat down and rode the bus for about for blocks. Something told me to get off of the bus. So, I did.

I'm killing loneliness with you
I'm killing loneliness with you
Killing loneliness with you
Killing loneliness with you
Killing loneliness
Killing loneliness


When I stepped off of the bus, I looked around. I was at a cemetery. I began wondering around. I ended up at her grave. I sat down and smiled sadly. The memories we shared could never compare. But they were all I had and I was fine with that.