Status: TO BE DELETED

We Only Breathe For So Long.

prologue.

You know what word never comes up in a crossword?

Hedonism.

It's an uncommon term now-a-days, but very common in society. It's a person who is to devote pleasure as a way of life.

And in a way, it's how he lives life - living each day as if it were his last and not caring too much as to what happens.

High School was him going through the motions; the girls, the parties, the fun times, it was all apart of the plan to just get through, well - life.

He understood this disappointed his parents - hell, he was disappointed in himself that he didn't have the will-power in him anymore. It came down to the fact that he just didn't really care anymore.

He wasn't so sure on why he even continued high school, probably the parties, but even then all he was doing was bumming around and he could just tell his parents were disappointed in him.

His head was set on partying, his heart and mind were set on music.

He could gush on and on about what music meant to him. If you were ask him what it meant to him - he could give you a whole essay; punctuation, grammar and all.

Ask him to a do an essay on anything else and he just couldn't do it.

His for-now girlfriend, Alyssa, was his typical catch, long blonde hair, blue eyes and big boobs. Typical. She put up with him and to him, she was just a fill anyways.

He was never that bad of a guy, not always in it for sex, hell - what most people didn't know was that he himself was pure. He was a virgin and considering who he was people found that quite strange. His friends would continue to give him the weird look wondering why he wouldn't take it all up.

But to him, sex was more then just - sex. It was a special moment two people would share and as much of a pussy he sounded, he was going to wait no matter how bad his hormones wanted to jump the bones of every big boobed, long legged chick he saw.

Though, when it came to Alyssa, that's all she seemed to try and get out of him, she knew she was selling her short at times, but she wanted him in the worst way possible. She was always all over him, babbling on about how he was all she needed in life, how she was his everything, how she loved him.

He would say those three words in return, but not once, did he ever mean them. He didn't believe in that bullshit, the whole falling in love with people or as they would put it - high school sweet hearts.

In his mind, everyone would eventually break up. If not before school ended, then sometime afterwards, it's how he saw it anyways.

Who needed love when he had his music? This was what he would think to himself over and over again.

She - on the other hand - wanted to experience it, all of it. She wanted to know what it felt like to be young, to be free, to be a - teenager.

To live your life as if it were your last day, to carry on without a care in the world. She wanted to be the one out there experiencing it all.

Instead, she would be at home, watching Disney movies - not those new ones that are shit - the old classic ones that even now at her age - she still watched, or you could possibly find her reading, drawing or doing what she did best; cross-words.

She had always loved cross-words, anything to get her mind thinking was all she needed.

Everyone had their own 'thing' that they enjoyed most, for some people it was sport, others craft or even just listening to music.

With her - it was cross words.

She found life similar to that of a cross-word and she confided within herself, it was why she enjoyed them so much.

You would have these spaces, you would have to fill in - spaces that would make you whole, she would relate this back to experiences.

Then you would have these spaces where you couldn't fill, those are everything she is missing - from experiences right down to feelings.

Crosswords showed her a lot, many words would come up - many didn't.

Though you know what word does come up in a crossword, the most for her?

Live.
♠ ♠ ♠
Don't quite know where I'm heading with this.

But yeah, here it is.

Comment &&& subscribe?