Status: TO BE DELETED

We Only Breathe For So Long.

I

"Time to get up, sweetie."

The sound of her mothers voice was enough to remind her that today was her first day of returning back to school - something she hadn't been to in over almost a year.

Brand new school, brand new start.

"I'm up Ma." She groaned.

For Charlotte, she just wanted to finish high school- no matter what it took. But this early in the morning, Charlotte was already beginning to re-think her decision.

"Breakfast is already set out on the table, just eat up."

Charlotte's Mum - Gwen - was her savior, she had so much for Charlotte, sacrificed everything, she had given up the world for her.

"So," Gwen spoke as they sat at the kitchen table sipping from their mugs of hot tea. "you excited?"

Charlotte groaned, seeing to be her only response this early in the morning, "Are you seriously asking me that Mum? It's as exciting as going to the hospital." She replied with sarcasm, she was excited, just not to over enthusiastic with how early it was, she had grown to accustomed to her sleep-ins.

Gwen had froze up at the words Charlotte had said, as she suddenly realized what she had just said.

"That is not something to joke about Char." Gwen spoke with a stern, strong voice - one a parent would use to tell off a child.

Charlotte sighed, she had grown used to this feeling, she knew her Mum had done so much for her, but she couldn't help it, it's a feeling she has been living with, a feeling of regret.

"I was kidding Ma, you know I didn't mean it."

"I know sweetie, l-let's just get you to school now."

Charlotte began to regret ever saying what she did.

Image


"Ma, you know I never meant what I said, I appreciate everything you do -" Charlotte spoke as they sat in the parking lot outside of the school.

Her mother quickly cut her off, "Charlotte," Gwen only used her full name when she was a bit flustered or not happy and Charlotte knew this was the reason, "you know, I could never be angry at you, ever, so don't think for one second I am, I love you sweetie."

"I know Ma, I'm sor-"

"Nah-uh, no need to apologize, just get your behind into school now."

"Okay, okay." Charlotte chuckled, grabbing her bag.

"Love you Daisy." Charlotte smiled at the use of her childhood nickname.

"Love you too, Momma-bear." Charlotte replied with a swift quick peck on her mother's cheek before she was on her way, to her first day at a strange and foreign place, that held so much in store for Charlotte.
♠ ♠ ♠
A bit of a slow beginning.
But I'm getting there.

If I get a few comments, I'll post the next chapter.
Has a bit of Garrett in it. ;)

Comment &&& subscribe?