Status: TO BE DELETED

We Only Breathe For So Long.

IV

It was her last class - the only other one she had.

Her favourite subject; English Literature.

Essays were not something she enjoyed per se, but – from what she heard most - the discussions that always went on within those classes were what intrigued her most.

You didn’t always have to have the correct answer to everything, you just had to have an opinion on the topic or have your own say and Charlotte always had her own say, even though she was never really one to voice it out as much, she would always toss over what she would like to say in her head.

To her mother; Charlotte was known as one to always think over things, always lost in thought, lost in her own little world.

It was a habit of Charlotte’s – going off in her own world and once you got to know Charlotte well, you noticed these small things about her.

“Welcome back, it’s no longer your holiday break, so shut up.” Ms. Braise joked as some of the kids chuckled along, “as most of you do know, I’m a laid back teacher, but for those of you who don’t know – you’ll catch on quick.

“Everyone has their shit days, so if you walk in in one of those moods,” she paused, “be expected to be kicked out. I can’t tolerate a shitty attitude in my room.”

Charlotte – in her very little schooling life – had never heard a teacher use the word ‘shit’ so much.

“Okay, because I am an awesome teacher and I know you all probably just got a tonne of work from other subjects,” a few of the students groaned or sighed exasperatedly in agreement, “so, we are going to start of this semester with a few get-to-know-you games,” a few people groaned, Ms. Braise continued to ignore them, “since I do see some new faces.”

“Okay, so since I have been teaching 3 years at this…wonderful college,” she added in a subtle sarcastic tone, “I have used most of those old ’get-to-know-you’ games and they do get old fast, besides – most of you lot – “

The entire class’ attention was pulled towards the door, a green-eyed boy with sandy blonde hair stumbled through the door.

“Ah, Mr. O’Callaghan, I was beginning to worry you weren’t going to show up.” Ms. Braise smirked, but nevertheless said it sarcastically.

“You should know by now, Deborah, “ the sound of his raspy voice was heard throughout the room, “that, I – will never be on time.” Some students chuckled at the sound of his smart-ass tone.

“I am well aware, unfortunately, don’t make it too much of a habit, O’Callaghan, hurry up and find a seat,” She waved her hand away, “jack-ass.” She added, more chuckles heard around the room.

He walked all the way to the back of the room – all the while, with a stupid smirk on his face – plopping down onto the seat next to Charlotte.

“Now, as I was saying, before some jack-ass ruined the mood. We are going to start off the year with a ’get-to-know-you’ task. I’ll be pairing you off and don’t groan you sooks, you’re old enough.

“Starting off with the smart-ass in the back, you’ll be paired up with the lady next to you, Lady Charlotte O’. She’s new, so don’t scare her O’Callaghan.” Ms. Braise warned, jokingly.

Ms. Braise carried on pairing up the students with their partners, all the while, the green-eyed boy next to Charlotte stared a hole into the side of her head.

He cleared his threat, knowingly she turned towards the boy.

“Hi, I’m – uh – John O’Callaghan,” He said, “The fifth.” He smirked.

In her innocent – sweet voice, with a small smile present on her face, she replied, “I’m Charlotte,” she paused, her last name was never something for her to be proud of, so she stuck with what Ms. Braise had said, “Charlotte O’.”

And that there, was her introduction to John O’Callaghan the fifth.
♠ ♠ ♠
Short chapter, I'm sorry.
Had a rough day.
If I get a few more comments, expect a much longer - much better chapter.

These people deserve a cookie:
Fortune's Fool
talkfamousx3

Oh and check out my other John Ohh story, it's a bit different to this, much more...sultrier. (if that even is a word)
A Whore's Life.

Comment &&& subscribe?