If It Hurts This Much,Then It Must Be Love

The Truth Between Reality

It was a balmy May morning, to be exact, the end of May. Summer was definitely around the corner with the heat blazing down already, even though you could still feel the warm, fruity scent wind of spring; like you just opened the oven that was baking apple pie. The walk to the building where I spent almost 4 years of college came into view after walking for almost 15 minutes. Some seniors like I did sat around the grass in front of the building, lounging around while waiting for their class to start. Some who had done their last class were there too, probably taking it all in.

When I walked into the building, the hallway wasn’t that crowded because it was 10 am, when most classes where underway. I found my best friend, Alice, leaning down onto a water fountain to take a drink. “Alice!”, I exclaimed to get her attention.

She looked towards me and grinned before finishing her drink and standing up straight again. “Hey, girlie.”, she kept grinning and pushed her glasses up her nose higher.

I engulfed her in a hug and linked my arm with her. “So, a nice day for the last day of college, huh?”

“It sucks that you’ll move out to Arizona with your really hot cousin, John.”, she giggled and nudged my rib with her elbow lightly, causing me to roll my eyes. “But before you move halfway across the country, we gotta have some fun.”

“For sure.”, I grinned at her as we walk to our class. The class was in a small auditorium because it was one of the main subjects we had to take. Some girls sat in the middle seats as they talked a bit loud. Alice unhooked my arm from hers and led me to upper seats, so we didn’t need to pay attention to the lecture.

After we took our seats, a guy walked in with his friend while talking. I noticed that guy and quickly smiled before standing up to get his attention. “JC! Up here!”, I exclaimed and waved my hand.

JC looked at me and waved his hand back. He said bye to his friend before jogging up through the stairs and reached my place in a mere few seconds. “Hey, guys. Empty class, huh?”, he commented before scooting into the row under ours.

“Since it’s the last class, no one bothers to show up.”, Alice rolled her eyes while she bit on her blue pen. I just smiled while watching JC took his seat and looked down to the podium where the lecturer should be standing on.

I felt another nudge on my rib and looked to my right where Alice was grinning and wiggling her eyebrows to JC. My cheeks felt red hot when she did that and I slapped her shoulder lightly, not making enough noise to make him looked over to us.

It was no secret that JC and I had a thing, when I tried to convince everyone in this whole goddamn universe that him and I were just friends. We met in junior high, 7th grade to be exact. I was a transferred student and he was the one who showed me around school and stuff, making him my first friend in Virginia. We went to the same high school, we even went to senior prom together, as friends.

When the lecturer came into the auditorium, I could hear JC groaned a bit before slumping farther down on his seat. He didn’t know about me moving to Arizona because I didn’t have the guts to tell him. He actually asked me to go to Florida with his band this summer and I told him we’d see, because I couldn’t tell him the truth.

It was already halfway through the class suddenly, a loud snore broke out from the row under us. The lecturer stopped his lecture and narrowed his eyes to where the sound came from. My eyes widened when I realized no one sat under us except for… JC. “Miss Pennyworth, can you try your hardest to wake that young man up? I don’t tolerate tardiness in my class.”

I stood up and fixed my skirt before looking down to JC, who was sleeping with his head leaned back onto the chair. He had his opened and I could see some drool on his chin. “Hey, JC.”, I said quietly and tried to shake his shoulders with my fingers because I couldn’t reach him completely. “JC, wake up.”

Everyone knew he was a heavy sleeper, but I had to look like I tried. “JC!”, I hissed but it was useless. My eyes fell onto my thick textbook, which gave me an idea. I took the book and hit him on the head with it.

His eyes shot open and he jumped out from his seat, causing a noise when the chair fell backwards. “What happened?!”, he exclaimed confusedly.

Some girls who sat in the middle row looked over to him and laughed. “Ah, it’s nice to know you’re awake, you can finally join us in the class.”, the lecturer said sarcastically, but then, the bell rang, signaling us that it was the end of the class already. “Well, this is the last class we would ever had. I hope I won’t have to see you in this building again for your own good.”

Alice and I stood up before cheering with our arms in the air because we finally finished college, which was a good thing. All of us, including JC, walked out from the auditorium and greeted by a crowded hallway. Most of the seniors quickly walked out from the building in excitement, making me feel like I was back in high school.

“So, graduation’s tomorrow, what are your plans tonight?”, JC asked us.

I shrugged and looked to all over the front of the building. ‘Pack, probably.’ “I don’t know, probably just gonna get some rest and stuff. How about you?”

His eyes glanced over to Alice, trying to tell her something. She furrowed her brows and after a couple minutes, she made an ‘O’ with her mouth before walking away, saying that she needed to see someone. It was pretty fishy, I must say.

“I don’t know too… I was thinking to ask you to see a movie with me… and probably head over to John’s to just, hang out?”, he asked me. I could tell he was nervous with the way his eyes shifted between me and everywhere and how he stuffed his hands into his pockets.

It was adorable because we weren’t in junior high anymore and he could ask me to see a movie with him without any nervousness or anything. We were best friends. “Sure. What’s up with the nervous thing, anyway? You know I’ll say yes.”

“Nervous? Psh, no, psh, I’m not nervous.”, he rolled his eyes while blowing raspberries. “I’ll pick you up, kay?”, he said before dashing away.

Alice sauntered back and linked her arm with mine. “JC totally has a crush on you.”, she sang and extended the ‘u’ on ‘you’.

“Oh come on, no he don’t. We’re best friends and well, he loves me like a sister?”

How bitter my tongue tasted when I said ‘loves me like a sister’. It was no secret too that I developed some feelings for him.
♠ ♠ ♠
I got inspired by Utta's current situation with.... well, the man himself actually,hahaha. Anyway, you gotta check out Aim For The Weekend, they just released an EP and its amazeballs and do it because they are Utta's "cubs" :P
This will be a 3 shots! probably 4...
Comment/subscribe?
<3