Status: Under Construction

Love Story

The Two Meet

Unlike the rest of the store, Joanne was hard at work, doing her job to the best of her ability. The rest of her co workers slacked off, reading magazines and sending text messages to their friends who were privileged enough not to be working.

Joanne worked as a cashier in a supermarket in which the boss was a mega bitch, and life was hell 24/7. The customers weren't always so pleasant, but there were the rare ones who actually came on her line because they actually liked her for who she was. As usual, every day was the typical same shit different day, but today, she was doing returns.

The store was not hopping like it usually was, so Michelle, an overly bitchy manager with frizzed out hair who enjoyed a quickie with a fellow already married employee in the back parking area as much as the next ho bag, barked at Joanne to do the returns since there were no customers around. Joanne sighed, and went about her way. She knew that Michelle was a bitch, and once a bitch, always a bitch. They will change for no one.

As she was walking around the store, she stopped to say hello to the department managers that she knew and came to like. She hated the fact that on any given day the managers that she liked so much could get transferred at the drop of a hat. It was one of those corporate musical managers switches that the owners loved to play. Sick and twisted games is what most employees thought.

While Joanne was walking down the soda aisle, she accidentally dropped a twelve pack of Pepsi. She groaned and ran for the airphone and paged for maintenance. Wrong move.

With the clack clack clack against the linoleum floor heading her way, Joanne knew she was in for a decapitation. "What in God's name made you think to do that?" asked Diablo Debby, the store manager. "If you need a clean up, and it's not massive, do it yourself!"

Joanne looked down at the mess, and saw that it wasn't too massive enough to clean up. Diablo Debby threw a box of paper towels at her and told her to clean it up. She left, clack clack clacking fading away.

"World's against me," groaned Joanne as she cleaned up the mess.

"Oh Joanne!!!!!!!!!!" sang Diablo Debby. "I need you to pack out the Halloween candy in the promo aisle when you are done!"

"Yes Miss. Debby!" Joanne replied in a fake cheery mood.

She headed over to the promo aisle, and began to sort through the boxes of candy, organizing them neatly on the shelves. As she turned to stock the Twizzlers, all of the M&M bags fell to the floor. Joanne groaned, and began to pick them all up and start over again.

"That stinks, I saw you put them up so nicely too," said a voice from behind her. Joanne turned around and noticed that it was one of her employees, someone she didn't really know that well. "Here, let me help you..."

"Thanks," said Joanne. "I appreciate it... Ian?"

"That's my name," he shrugged and smiled. "I work in scanning. I'm good with the technical stuff here. So, you're Joanne?"

"Yep, that's me," she replied. "I am multi-talented. Register. Stock. Tags. Daycare assistance. Cleaning lady. No job too big or small for me..."

"Wow," said Ian. "How long have you worked here?"

"Six years, and I have never seen you around before..."

"Well, I have been here for two years, and most likely you won't see me if you are trapped on register all day," smirked Ian.

"Too bad, I could use the entertainment while I work," smiled Joanne. "You should do register."

"Only when hell freezes over," said Ian.

"Oh well, worth a shot."

The two of them stood there in awkward silence, and then Joanne was paged to her register. "Gotta go. See you around," said Joanne before she could get paged over the loudspeaker again.