Status: Won't be updated ever again. No matter how much you want it.

I Never Knew Posters Could Talk

The Sleek Black Car's Lullaby

My eyes snapped open the next Monday. I had to go to school and I didn't want to leave home. "Lonna," I heard from outside my door. "Time to get up and get ready," my mom hollered. My mother always woke me up on school days. She was there when it was absolutely necessary. Yet, her job as a flight attendant kept her away from home most times.

I groaned and got out of bed. "I don't want to go," I spoke rubbing the sleep out of my eyes.

"Cheer up Lonna. It's only a Monday it'll be over before you know it!" Bob smiled from my closet door.

I grabbed my clothes and headed to the bathroom after thanking Bob for the small pick me up. Once I returned from the bathroom, in my outfit for the day, I felt somewhat alive. My stomach growled loudly. I ignored the sound and grabbed my bag from my floor. "Bye guys," I said exiting my room.

"Have a good day Lonna!" Mikey yelled at the last minute. I smiled and waved back at him.

I left my house and began my walk to school. I started to hum Lullaby by Chase Coy. The wind picked up and my hair flew. My hands jumped to tame it down. In the distance I saw a sleek black car speeding down the road. "That must've caused the wind."

I reached school just as the warning bell rang. Rushing, I sped off down the hallway to my first class.

---------

Lunch had arrived promptly. I bought a salad from the cafeteria and headed outside to the courtyard. It was a warm, early, spring day. I walked toward the far end to a large tree and sat beneath it. A much held in sigh escaped my body. I hadn't seen Riley anywhere that day.

"May I join you?"

I looked up to see a tall figure with dark hair with green streaks running through it. I nodded and the person sat down. The person turned out to be a guy who appeared to my age. His green eyes sparkled in the sunlight.

"I'm sorry if I bothered you. You looked lonely from back there," he softly spoke.

"It's okay, it's nice of you to do this," I said to him. I poked at a piece of lettuce in my salad. "Nice hair."

"Thanks, I did it myself," he said nodding his head so his fringe would get out of his face. He took a bite out of his lunch. "I never got your name."

"It's Lonna, yours?"

"Avery. Avery Cortez."

I smiled and kept poking at my salad. "I haven't seen you around before. What grade are you in?"

"I'm a junior, just transferred, you?"

"I’m a junior as well." He was the one to smile next. The bell rang and we both stood up. We walked back together and separated when we re-entered the school. Avery went left and I right. I turned my head back around and watched him walk away into the masses.
♠ ♠ ♠
Chapter 3! Yippy! I hope everyone is enjoying their holiday! I know I am! Yay for hols! See y'all next chapter!

Love and Doodles,

Tara