Status: Completed!

Already Dead Inside

Burial

Gerard's POV

It took all of my strength to keep the car on the road. Every time I looked into the rear-view mirror, the bin bag would be gleaming from the glow of the street lamps, causing my hands to shake.

“Fuck!”

My hand slammed down on the steering wheel as a sob wracked my body. Tears began to fall as Amy's smile haunted my mind. And now, her smile was covered in blood and bin bags.

I can't take this anymore!

I slammed my foot on the brake, causing the car to screech to a hault. I wrapped my arms around my torso as a scream left my lips, tears continually streaming down my face. She's gone. She's fucking gone. This is all my fault. I never should have told her to come over. More tears began to fell as I glanced in the rear-view mirror to look at the bin bag in the back seat.

“I-I'm so-sorry.”

My eyes clenched shut to prevent any more tears from falling. I brought my sleeve up to wipe the tears form my cheeks but winced slightly as my hand brushed my still sore scar. I couldn't help but shudder as I remembered how I got it. The look in Mikey's eyes as he brought the knife to my cheek still haunts me. He looked...caring. He loves me, and just wanted to see me smile.

I should hate him for all that he's done to me. He's taken away my best friends, he gave me these scars, and he's taken..her..away from me. More tears began to fall as I remembered what it was I had to do.

I took a deep breath to steady myself as I put the car back in gear and began to drive. As much as I wanted to(and believe me, I want to), I couldn't hate Mikey. He's my brother, and I would do anything to keep him from being hurt. I want him to be happy. Even if that means that I get hurt in the process.

I pulled the car to a stop as the river came into view. The waters seemed even more ominous as I slowly approached them.

No. I'm not doing this. She doesn't deserve to be treated this way.

I quickly put the car in reverse and began to drive towards the park. There's a heavily wooded area there. She deserved a 'proper' burial atleast. She deserves atleast that much.

Soon, the trail leading into the wood came into view. No one in their right mind would be out here at this time of night. It being nearly three in the morning, that's when all the 'bad' people would be out and about. I chuckled at the horrible irony of the situation.

I slowly backed the car to the head of the trail, so I could get Amy's body out without being noticed, then opened my door. I went to the trunk to retrieve the shovel I stowed before I left the flat. With a sigh, I closed the trunk and headed for the rear door of the car.

When I opened it, Amy's body fell halfway out of the car, her arm falling from the bin bag. I quickly covered my mouth to muffle the sudden screams I wanted to let go. I leaned down to pick up her body, when I froze. There, lying on the floorboard, was Amy's heart. My stomach churned at the sight.

I took a few quick, deep breaths and continued to sling her body over my shoulder. I took a quick glance around to make sure no one was around. With a sigh, I made my way into the path. The full moon lit up the dark path enough, that I didn't need a flashlight.

After about ten minutes of walking, I finally came to a small clearing underneath a large oak tree. This was the perfect spot for her. She would have loved this place. I gently laid her body down in the dead leaves before taking hold of the shovel. I stumbled over to the right side of the tree and dove my shovel into the soft earth.

I dug as quickly as I could, to avoid being caught. The sun was beginning to rise, and soon people would be flooding into the park.

Satisfied with the makeshift grave, I threw the shovel down and climbed up and out of the earth. The hole was to my knees, so it wasn't much trouble. I scooped Amy's body into my arms and walked over to the grave. I took a deep breath and gazed at the end that was supposed to be her head.

“I'm sorry, Amy. I never wanted this to happen.”

I dropped her into the hole and quickly began to cover her up. After about an hour, the dirt was packed down, and dead leaved covered the gruesome grave.

I need something to mark it with.

As I glanced around, a rock, not to big and not to small, caught my eye. I quickly picked up the heavy rock and set it at the front of the grave. I then took out the small knife in my pocket and opened it up. I scraped at the rock with my knife until the word “Amy” was faintly visible.

“I love you, Amy.”

Another tear fell down my cheek as I grabbed the shovel and headed back to the car. I threw the shovel in the trunk and got in the car and drove off quickly.

What am I going to do about Mikey? Someone is eventualy going to be asking about Amy, about the kid at Mikey's school, about Frank and Ray. Cops are going to show up and start asking questions. I don't know if I'll be able to lie this time.

I can't.

I can't let them take my brother away. I can't!

I know what I have to do. It will kill me to do it, but I can't have anyone hurting my brother. Not Mikey.