Status: Completed!

Already Dead Inside

Discovery

Gerard's Pov

Sketch pad, check. Pens, check. Sharpies? Where are the damn sharpies? I just bought some last week. Digging through my huge art box I kept in my room, I still couldn't find my sharpies. I can't do a decent comic without sharpies.

“Fuck.” I'll have to go get some. I closed the box and set it back under my art desk I kept in the corner of my room. I draw enough so I figured I should probably get a desk. Hell, might even make it a career. Who knows?

Mikey is the smart one, that's why he went to college. He tried to convince me. I said Fuck it. No sense in paying a shitload of money to someone to teach you something you already know, and could possibly teach yourself.

I looked at my phone to check the time. Mikey was due home in about half an hour. Eh, if I'm not back in time he has a key.

I looked in the mirror I had hanging in my room to try and fix the mess of black hair on my head. Satisfied I walked out of my room to the coat rack to get my black hoodie. I slipped it on and checked the mirror again to make sure I didn't mess up my hair. All's good.

Where's the keys? I looked at the end table. “Here they are.”

I opened the door and just about ran into someone. When I looked up to see who it was, all I could see was Ray's fro. He held up his hands. “Whoa! Where's the fire?”

“Very funny, Toro.” Frank was there too. “Hey frank.” They just stood there. “So uh..you gonna let us in?” Frank was scratching at the back of his neck. “Uh, yeah. I have to step out for a bit. Mikey should be back in a few.”

I stepped out of the way and let the guys through. They both plopped down on the couch. Frank grabbed the remote before Ray did. Ray glared at him. “You bitch!” Frank laughed. “Ya snooze, ya loose.”

I suppressed a laugh. “I'll be back in a few, guys.” They both murmured what sounded like, “Okay.” I shut the door, not bothering to lock it. Mikey would be home in any minute.

I pushed the button and waited patiently for the slow-as-hell elevator to reach my floor. The doors opened and I stepped in. I hate this shitty elevator music. The doors opened and I walked out into the main hallway of our building.

I opened the door and walked onto the busy streets of Chicago. The art store wasn't a few blocks away, so I might as well walk. When I walked in I was greeted by the familiar clerk that was always there. I was in here almost every week getting some random stuff. They had just about anything you can think of in her, art wise.

“Gerard! Looking for anything special today?” I waved. “Hey Manny. Nah, just looking for some sharpies.” He nodded. “Well you know where they are.” He's right. I pretty much have this whole store memorized.

I walked to the back shelf and found the pack I was looking for. I got the biggest one with the most colors.

“You get all you wanted?” I nodded and handed Manny a bill. He gave me my change. I turned around and opened the door, hearing the familiar chime. “See you around, Manny.” He waved.

I took my time walking home. It was a rather nice day out. Not too hot, not too cold. I heard my phone blasting a familiar ring tone. I checked to see who it was. It was Frank.

“Hello?” “Dude, you are completely out of coffee. Me and Ray are about to die of dehydration. Pick up some will you?” I laughed. “Yeah, okay.” I shut the phone and put back in my pocket. Good thing I was passing the store.

With the coffee grounds in hand I made my way to the flat. The elevator taking it's sweet time, as always. After the door opened on my floor I stepped out and found my door.

When I opened the door I expected Frank and Ray to still be on the couch watching TV. “Alright assholes. Here's your coffee.” I rounded the corner to set the coffee down on the kitchen table. Before I reached the kitchen there was something wet on the ground.

“What the hell?” I followed the trail of the red liquid until I found the source. I dropped the bags and fell to my knees.

There, in the kitchen floor, laid Frank, and Ray's lifeless bodies. They were completely drenched in blood. They also had stab wounds. The large knife laying beside their bodies. “Frank! Ray!”

I saw movement in the corner. Mikey was curled up in the fetal position, rocking back and forth. “Mikey! What did you do?!”
♠ ♠ ♠
:O...Oh no!
Comment? Subscribe?