Status: Completed!

Already Dead Inside

Visitors

“Mikes..are you sure you need to go to class?” He was rushing around the flat, getting ready. He seemed almost eager to leave. “Yes, Gee. There's something I have to take care of.”

“Like what?”

He looked up at me and smiled. “You'll see, Gee. You'll see. It's gonna be great!”

There was something about that smile that made my skin crawl. “Bye.” I just nodded in his direction. The flat seemed eerily quiet without the sounds of Frank and Ray fighting over the remote. They weren't in school either, so they were here pretty much all the time.

I looked towards the kitchen as a tear runs down my cheek, pictures of the weekend flash through my mind. The black bin bags gleaming under the streetlamps.

What am I going to do? I can't turn Mikes in. I love him too much to do that. I just can't.

I bury my head in my hands as another tear runs down my cheek. A loud knock on the door shakes me from my thoughts. I wiped my face off with the sleeve of my hoodie.

Another loud knock. “Open up. It's the police.” Shit, shit, shit! Oh fuck! “J-just a minute.” I jumped off the couch and ran to the mirror. I looked like shit. My raven hair is in a mess and my eyeliner smudged. I grabbed a washcloth from the kitchen and cleaned my face off.

Another knock. “Open up.” I ran to the door and opened it. Two men in police uniforms glared down at me.

“Mr. Way?” I nodded and stepped aside letting them in. “I-Is there a problem?” I mentally kicked myself for letting my voice shake like that.

“You're friends with a Ray Toro and a Frank Iero, correct?"

“Yes.” They nodded. “They have been reported missing. We was wondering if you have seen them lately.” I looked down at the floor. What do I do? Do I tell them exactly what happened? Do I turn my brother in, let him go to jail? No, I can't do that.

I looked back into their eyes.“I haven't seen them.” They seem frustrated with my short answers. The taller cop was writing notes on a small notepad.

“Their girlfriends told us that they came over here almost every day. And you haven't seen them?” I shook my head. The cops share curious glances.

“Well have you heard from them? A phone call possibly?” I shook my head again. The cop writing notes closes his notepad and sighs. “Call us if you hear or see anything from them.” He handed me a card with the name Detective Hines and a number on it. “I will. Thank you.”

They nodded and walked out of the door. I collapsed on the floor as the door shut. The police..came here, looking for them. What if I missed a spot on the floor? What if they came just a few minutes earlier when Mikey was here? He wouldn't have been able to control himself. He would have been rambling on about..their blood.

I can't let them hurt Mikey. I just can't.
♠ ♠ ♠
Oh no! That was close!
Comments earn you cookies!!
Subscriptions earn you endless virtual hugs!!