Status: Completed!

Already Dead Inside

Headlines

“Fuck! Where is he?” I was pacing around the flat, chewing on my fingernails. That was always a nasty habit of mine when I got nervous.

I glanced at the clock that seemed to tick slower, and slower each time I took the time from my nervous pacing to look at it.

9:00pm. Mikey was supposed to be back six hours ago! His classes always let out at 3:00. The school was just a block away for fucks sake!

I stopped in my tracks as I realized what could have happened. What if the cops found Mikey and questioned him? What If Mikey started rambling on about his new found obsession? They would have taken him in instantly. Not holding back. “Fuck!”

I reached in my pocket to pull out my cell phone. I quickly scrolled through my contacts until I found Mikey's number. I was about to press send as I heard the sound of keys in the door. I shut my phone and jerked the door open. Mikey was standing outside, covered in blood.

Not again.

My eyes grew wide as I took in Mikey's appearance. His hands were completely covered in blood, along with the front of his shirt. Blood also stained the corners of his mouth.

He shoved past me and walked in the kitchen. Quickly, I glanced down the hallway to see if anyone happened to notice my blood-soaked brother. I shut the door and locked it quickly. I turned to see Mikey standing in the middle of the kitchen staring at his hands, the red blood still fresh.

He raised his hand and rubbed his cheek, leaving a trail of red. He then began to lick the blood off of his fingers.

“Mikey, w-what did you d-do?” I tried to control my shaky voice, but failed. He put on that sadistic smile again, still staring at his hands. He began to giggle uncontrollably. His tongue dragged across his hand again.

“Mikey!” His head slowly turned in my direction.

“You should have seen it Gee.” That sadistic smile still on his face. “Here, feel.”

He started to walk towards me with his arm outstretched. I walked back to try and avoid Mikey's bloody touch, but gasped as I backed into the couch. Before I had time to move, Mikey rubbed his bloody hand on my cheek. I cringed when he started to rub it over my arms. He started to giggle again.

Mikey pulled away and admired his work. Tilting his head slightly to see every angle. He looked at me again, smiling. “Do you feel it, Gee? Doesn't it feel...” His own giggle finished his sentence.

He turned away and headed towards the bathroom. I glanced at my hands that were now smeared with the blood of Mikey's victim. They started shaking uncontrollably.

He's done it again. He's... killed again.

The sound of the shower turning on shook me from my thoughts. I saw the mirror across from me. I pushed myself off of the couch and stumbled towards the wall and froze when I saw my reflection. The red blood was smeared across my face. Mikey's distinct hand print was across my right cheek.

My eyes grew wide. My breathing quickened. I was on the verge of a scream as I ran into the kitchen. I quickly turned on the faucet, letting the hot water run. I didn't bother messing with a washcloth. I stuck my hands under the scalding water, not caring if it burnt me or not. Thankfully the blood came off easily without much hesitation. I then began to scrub my face, cleaning every inch.

I turned off the faucet and just stood there.

He's out of control. What am I going to do?

I pushed away from the sink and headed towards my bedroom. I was too tired to deal with Mikey tonight. He was starting to... scare me.

I shut the door behind me as I entered my room. I barely made it to my bed before I collapsed. It took no time at all for me to get to sleep. I was just too exhausted.

*************
I hesitantly opened my eyes. The shaft of light shining through my curtain didn't allow me to go back to sleep. God knows I wanted to. I didn't want to hear Mikey ramble on about his night.

I sighed and got out of bed, knowing that he's going to end up telling me anyways.

I opened my door and realized that Mikey's door was still shut, the sound of snores came from his door. He was still asleep. Good.

I headed straight towards the kitchen. I needed my coffee.

I grabbed the remote from the end table and turned the TV on. Some stupid commercial was on so I paid no attention.

I turned around and flipped the switch on the coffee machine. The smell of the freshly brewed coffee started to calm my nerves, just a little. After a few minutes of tapping my fingers on the counter top, anxiously waiting, the coffee finally reached the top line of the urn.

I grabbed the nearest coffee cup and quickly poured the black liquid, nearly to the rim. I didn't bother putting anything in it, I liked it black.

The coffee was scalding my tongue, but I didn't care. I needed it.

I glanced to the TV and noticed they were showing a breaking news story. I turned the volume up and made my way to the couch.

“Breaking news: A college student by the name of Damien Weeks has been found brutally murdered in the locker room of a near by university. The victim had multiple stab wounds to the abdomen and to the chest. There are no leads at this time as to who committed this horrible crime. More on this developing story at 10.”

I sat there, frozen.

“I told you Gee, I told you you would see.” I jumped at the sound of Mikey's voice behind me. I didn't even hear him leave his room.

My coffee spilled onto the leg of my jeans. “Shit!!” I jumped up, dropping the coffee mug.

Mikey just grinned and made his way into the kitchen to pour himself a cup of coffee. I walked over the bar, standing across from him. No remorse was shown on his face. Just happiness.

“Mikes..you have to stop.”

Mikey set his coffee mug on the counter. He then looked over to me, a slight pout on his face. “I-I can't Gee. You don't understand. You won't understand until you can feel for yourself. Until you see what I've seen.” There's that smile again.

“You're being careless Mikey!” I pointed to the TV that exposed his obsessive deed.

He just shrugged. “His blood was soothing, Gee. So very soothing.”

He giggled again, and took another sip of his black coffee.
♠ ♠ ♠
Mikey is being careless :O
Comment?
Subscribe?

Pweeeezzz? Me and JustALittleGirl would just love you to pieces if yo did!!