Will You Swear on Your Life?

Part 5

"Hey." I said walking into the kitchen, my voice weak and hardly audible. My mom sat at the kitchen table her hands draped around her coffee mug. Her eyes were casted down towards the floor. She was suffering from jetlag; her flight had just come in. Her bags sat by the entrance to the garage. Her appearance was shameful hair falling out of what used to be a nice neat bun; she had black baggies under her eyes. And her skin was pale like the moon on a cloudy night.

I sighed knowing I wouldn’t be getting any response out of her.. In fact it seams as if she was sleeping.

Her flight coming in means that it has been a month since I last seen Jimmy, a month since he went back to California, a month since I had seen the guys... a month since my told my mom of my pregnancy.

After I let my mom know that I was pregnant she was fine with the fact... in fact she wants another baby around the house. But the fact that Jimmy was the baby's father didn’t suit her to well. She threatened to press rape charges against him. But when I denied to give forth my testimony her lawyer gave up. With out my consent they could not press charges. I told my mother that Jimmy would be apart of my baby's life if she disapproved then I would move in with him and she would be the one out in the rain. At first she laughed and told me I was stupid. But I brought her down off of cloud nine, letting her know that I would turn eighteen before the baby would be born so either she agreed to let Jimmy partake in his child's life or she cease to exist in my child's life.

The effort it took for me to fit in at school was long gone. My small elect group of friends was it, I was popular with them, their opinions were all that mattered to me... I didn’t care that Ethan made it seem like I was a slut. I didn’t care that my friends were upset with me, our band was never goin anywhere with me.. anyways. They might get big but it would be with out me. I didn’t care that I'd lost Nicole had turn on me; I loved her all the same. The only thing that mattered to me was Jimmy, and my unborn baby. My grades I didn’t care they could slip I don’t need them any way.

"Ashley I'm sorry okay it's not like I crawled on top of myself and got pregnant it was an accident." I looked at her over my knees. "We didn’t plan on this to happen." I muttered.

"I know but it just seems... like you're giving up on us." She whined her hands played with a blade of grass.

"I'm never gonna give up on you... ever." I said looking her dead in the eyes. "Me having a baby might change this.. Yeah I might move, but I'll never give up on you." I smiled. "But you gotta promise me you won't give up on yourself."

"I promise." She smiled she layed her head on my shoulder. "I'm gonna miss you." She muttered into the neck of my shirt.

"I'll miss you too."

Moments like this never happen in my friend ship, me and my friends are hard asses. Moments like this were always cherished by my heart though. Ashley was never one to come out and say you can't leave I'll miss you too much. She was the one that we turned to, when we needed a hug or a shoulder. She was tough never one to cry always wore it one her selves. But yet here she was an emotional wreck, pleading me not to go.

"Wow where a camera when I need one?" April said, walking up with Amanda.

"Shove it." I grumbled kicking at her, yet missing.

"What will I be shoving?" She said her bag hit the ground, and she flopped down beside it. "O god please tell me its Zeck's cock." She giggled to herself. I looked at her a bewilder look on my face. Zeck was the school's fag, he didn’t care what people though, and to tell the truth he was hot.

"You're so fucking sick." Amanda grumbled. She had perched her self beside April.

"So changing the subject... what do you want a boy or a girl?" Ashley squeaked out.

"I don’t know." I sigh, I really hadn’t thought all that much about the baby, it's been manly dealing with the baby but not the baby it's self.

"Any morning sickness?" April asked.

"None... my mom said she never had it with any of her kids, and the cravings some not many." I said. "I just hope I get that kind of pregnancy."

"Are you sure you can do this... I mean it's an actual living, breathing baby." Amanda said. "You got bored of your dog in a week..."

"It’s a baby not a dog Manda." Ashley said laughing, her old playfully and violent self seeming to be returning.

"Mandy I'm ready for this baby... I want this baby." I smiled at her. "Its not like a want for your first car, or toy... it’s the want."