Status: Working on but has a few road blocks that are getting annoying...

Right on Key

Chapter Two

Violet could hear voices. The back of her head was wet and it hurt. Then she was weightless, that is until she landed hard on something bouncy. She just laid there. Trying to remember anything after the garage went dark, but all she remembered was darkness. She slowly opened her eyes and looked around.

She was on a bed in a jail cell. She slowly stood and walked to the bars of her cell.

"How do you feel?" a voice above Violet asked. Violet looked up and saw a little girl with her head sticking out of the bars, staring at her.

"My head's a little sore." Violet answered her.

"Well, you look better than your friend. He's banged up pretty bad." the girl sighed. Violet's mind turned to Nate. That had to be the 'he' she was talking about. What about the others?

"How many of us did they bring in?"

"Only two. You and your friend down there." she answered, pointing down the cell block.
Then Violet noticed that only girls were in the cells nearby.

"Thanks." Violet said to the girl before sliding out of the bars and over toward her bed. She sat down and studied her cell. It had a concrete floor and ceiling with three concrete walls. The bed was set across from the bar cell door. On the wall behind her was a small vent. She looked at it for a minute. Then Violet walked to the door and looked around. The coast was clear. She ran over and jumped onto the bed. She pulled at the vent, trying to open the duct.

Finally, it gave. The vent came off, revealing the duct and something else, a fan. There was no way she would fit with the fan there. She slowly replaced the vent before turning and plopping into the bed. That was a bad idea. She bobbed her head up and down roughly and that hurt. Violet reached her hand up to rub the back of her sore head. It was scabbing up.

Then a screeching noise filled Violet's cell. She looked up and saw a guard standing in the doorway.

"Come with me. We're going to patch up your head."

Violet hesitated for a moment before getting up.

'This is my chance.' she thought.

As soon as she was out the door, she bolted to the right. She didn't make it far before she was tackled to the ground. The guard grabbed her arms and pulled them behind her back. This was followed by a click.

'Handcuffs.' Violet thought as the guard pulled her to her feet.

"Let's behave and walk." the guard said as he half-threw Violet forward. She stumbled forward, almost falling on her face. After regaining her balance, Violet did as the guard said and walked. It wasn't long before the guard pushed her.

"Come on, girl. Walk!"

Violet just continued to walk, not changing her speed. He pushed her again.

'You do that one more time...' Violet thought. He did it again.

She whipped around and round-house kicked him in the head. As he hit the ground, Violet sat on the ground and slipped her arms under her legs. And just like that, she was on her feet with the handcuffs in front of her.

The guard was back on his feet now. Violet threw her leg up to kick him, but the guard was faster. His foot made contact with her chest and she hit the floor, sliding down a few cells. He walked toward her.

"Now behave." the guard said as he grabbed her shirt collar and hoisted her up.

"Put her down!" a voice rang off to Violet's left. She turned to see who it was and smiled.

"Nate!" she exclaimed. "You're okay!"

"He will be as long as you cooperate." a feminine voice said behind Violet. She turned around to find the voice's owner. Violet just froze in place staring. She was staring at Lust.
♠ ♠ ♠
Crap...