Status: Working on but has a few road blocks that are getting annoying...

Right on Key

Chapter Twenty-Four

Al was worried about Ed and Violet. Ed had barely said anything since the fight during training. Violet was now training with Brain, her homunculus. Ed hasn’t left the hotel room since the fight. He just sits at the table was a pen and paper, just working away, at what no one can say.

‘There has to be something I can do.’ Al thought. He really hated to see those two like this.

Just then, Violet came up the stairs to their shared room. She walked in, not looking at Ed, and went to the mini-fridge. She grabbed a bottle of water and headed right back outside. As soon as the door closed, Ed’s gaze left his work and landed on the door after Violet. After a few moments, he turned back to the table and was at it again.

“Focus.” Brain’s voice told Violet.

‘Kinda hard with you talking to me.’

Violet clapped her hands together. A light grew around her. As it faded, there was no change.

“You’re not focusing.”

‘Yes, I am!’

“No, you are not! You have not been able to focus on anything since your argument with Ed the other day.” Brain’s tone was firm. “In four days, you have only been able to start a transmutation by clapping your hands.”

Violet stood, looking at the ground. She knew he was right. She should be done with her basic teaching by now.

“And if you could focus, you would have picked up the clapping right away because you would have remembered doing it multiple times before.”

He was right. Violet had used alchemy by clapping her hands to defeat Lust and to cross the gate.

“How have I been so blind?”

“Because you had closed your eyes.”

‘I need to apologize to Ed.’ she thought as she headed for the door.

“That would be wise.”

Violet took the steps two at a time.

“Brother, don’t!” And Violet froze.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope you all enjoy it! I have been trying to work on it some more. Can't wait to see where this story takes us. =^_^=