Status: Working on but has a few road blocks that are getting annoying...

Right on Key

Chapter Twenty-Five

Al’s scream terrified Violet. She darted up the remaining steps, bee-lining it for the door to their room. She turned the knob, but it wouldn’t open. The damn thing was locked.

“Brother!”

A light shone through the cracks around the door. Violet reached in her pocket, fumbling to find her key. Once she found her key, she jammed it into the lock. Violet burst through the door.

“Al! What’s wrong?!” But before she had finished her question, she knew what was wrong.

Ed was standing where the table should be, the table against the wall. Al was on the other side of the room, held back by jail bars. Around Ed’s feet, a transmutation circle had been drawn.

It was a complex circle that Violet didn’t recognize.

“Ed…what are you doing?”

He didn’t answer her. He just began to raise his hands. One thing popped into Violet’s head. Human transmutation. Violet thought about how scared Al was and realized that that was what was running through his head. But why would Ed do it?

She didn’t know but what mattered is that she stopped Ed.

A clapping noise broke her away from her thoughts. Ed had clapped his hands to the floor, activation the transmutation circle at his feet.

“Ed!” Violet yelled, as a light began to erupt from the markings on the floor.

The transmutation created an energy surge. The surge blasted out from the circle, sending things flying through the room. Violet heard the door slam shut behind her as she shielded her eyes as the light grew brighter. Another wave of energy threw Violet off her feet. She flew back, slamming into the door.

“Violet!” Al yelled. Violet slid to the floor, grinding her teeth together. That stung.

She forced her eyes open. Electric like waves flickered through the air. The light shone up in more of a cone now. A crackling filled the air as the electric waves seemed to grow more violent.

“This is horrible.” Violet muttered to no one in particular. The energy surging from the transmutation was enormous. Whatever its purpose was, it was not a simple transmutation.

“What are you doing, Ed?” Violet’s voice was soft, worry coating the words.

“Ed!” Violet yelled, tears forming in her eyes.

A fear was taking over, the fear of Ed dying almost became overwhelming.

“Ed…please be okay.”
♠ ♠ ♠
I have a bad feeling that I am going to hit a road bloack with his story again. Hoping that I don't! Hope you enjoy! =^_^=