Status: Working on but has a few road blocks that are getting annoying...

Right on Key

Chapter Twenty-Eight

Violet couldn’t believe what Ed had said to her. Hell, she still couldn’t believe it. She was important to him? Did that mean he saw her as a good friend? Or did he like her? Violet wasn’t sure and all of this thinking about it was giving her a headache. She just sighed as she looked out the window of their shared room. Ed had been called to meet with Mustang and Al had gone with him. At first, Al was going to stay with Violet, but she thought having Al there as a mediator was for the best.

“I should probably get back to studying.” Violet said, as she turned her gaze from the window to the table. Her mood worsened when her eyes fell on the towering stack of books that Ed had given her to read. She could almost picture the anime sweat drop on her forehead as she slowly walked toward the tower.

‘How does Ed expects me to get all of this done by the day after tomorrow?’ Violet thought. She took a book off the top and looked at the cover. It was titled The Early History of Alchemy.

‘Do I really need to know this?’ She wondered as she looked at the next book on the stack. The Science of Alchemy and Its Principles labeled the second book.

“Well,” Violet sighed, “I guess these books aren’t going to read themselves.”

And she began to read.

“I can’t believe that idiot Mustang!” Ed complained as he walked down the street with Al close behind. Well, he was more like storming down the street than walking.

“Brother…”

“I mean, look at what a fuss he made over all of it! And all just to learn if Violet was still going to take the exam! Ed ranted as he moved down the street.

Al jumped next to his brother, “Watch what name you use brother.”

“Oh right.” Ed sighed, “I almost forgot.”

“You kinda did forget there for a minute.”

“Hey,” Ed exclaimed, “You don’t have to say anything about it!”

“Yeah, sure.” Al retorted as the two headed up to their hotel room.

“Anyway,” Ed said, changing the subject, “How far do you think she got in that work I left her?” He was smiling.

“That was evil of you brother.”

“Well, it was only to keep her from getting in any trouble while we were gone. I wasn’t sure if she was a fast reader or not.”

“Still.” Al said. “You didn’t have to give her all of those books.”

“Oh, a little extra research won’t hurt her.” Ed said as he unlocked the door. He slowly pushed it open. He grinned when his eyes landed on the table. Violet was asleep, using the open book in front of her as a pillow.

‘She looks so peaceful.’ Ed thought as he walked over to her.

“Brother…”

Ed looked at Al, who was pointing at the table.

“Do you think she read all of that while we were gone?”

The two boys looked at the stack of at least six books. Ed sighed, shaking his head as he looked down at Violet’s sleeping form.

“Well,” Ed said as he gently lifted her into his arms bridal-style. “I think she deserves a nap then.”

Al watched Ed cross the room, before setting Violet down on the bed. Al smiled on the inside as Ed covered her with a blanket.

‘That look.’ Al thought as he stared at the tender look on Ed’s face as he tucked Violet in.
♠ ♠ ♠
I am so sorry that I have taken so long to update. I have project overload and then drama went into overdrive. I'll try to upload some more soon. Hope you guys enjoy it! =^_^=