Status: Working on but has a few road blocks that are getting annoying...

Right on Key

Chapter Eight

The silence of the trees usually calmed Violet, but now it wasn't helping. The silence was letting her mind work. She was leaving everyone she cared for and loved behind, just to go after a bunch of jerks. She blinked back tears. The thing was: she didn't have a choice. She wasn't human anymore.

'I don't belong here.' she kept telling herself.

She looked up and saw it, the old tree house. This was always her escape. She stopped running slowly walking over to the ladder leading up to its safety.

"Here will do." Violet said as she took a few steps away from the tree. She took a breath and squared her shoulders. She was ready.

Tears filled her eyes as she was about to clap her hands.

'Sorry guys.'

"Violet!"

Her eyes shot open at the sound of her name. He must have seen her, because he was standing right in front of her. There was Nate, panting as he stared at her.

"Violet. What are you doing?" he asked as he took a step toward her.

The tears began to come more freely. She shook her head before clapping her hands. She slammed them to the ground as a wall of vines grew around her.

"Violet!" She continued to let the tears come.

"I have to do this, Nate!" she yelled back as she opened her eyes. There he was, trying o break through her barrier.

"Violet, don't!"

"I'm sorry." was all she said before clapping her hands again and pushing them to her chest.
Violet began to glow, a blinding light emanating from her.

"Violet!" Nate yelled. The light died. He fell to his knees as he saw the small area empty.

Violet was gone.
♠ ♠ ♠
This chapter was sad to write, but it had to be done. I hope you all enjoy it! ^_^