Status: Completed.

Neverland

1,025

I dimmed the lights around me. My world was dark and consuming. I looked like shit. My black hair fell into my dark eyes as I let out a hot breath of air.

My floor was cluttered with books and flowers. Mostly black flowers, which were a kind of obsession I had. My covers were strewn at the foot of my bed with stuffed animals hanging from every elevated space. I had what you might say was a child’s mind within a teenager. I was still stuck in those years. And though my mind had developed my interests had not. The only thing that I was progressing in was books and mind.

Just because I was seventeen didn’t mean that I was any older at heart. The way I was stuck was almost like in Peter Pan, other than my body not aging. Oh what it would be like to be immortal like Peter. He spends forever with the lost boys playing and goofing around. It would be so easy to live in Neverland.

I glanced around my room one more time before collapsing on my disarrayed bed.

I barely even hit the pillow, before my eyes were closed and I disappeared.

“Come with me. Come with me, Wendy.”

I woke to see Peter standing over my bed. His shadow loomed over me as I stared into his black irises.

With no hesitation I arose from my bed and followed Peter to the window.

“Where’s Tinker?” I asked softly, worrying if I did more than whisper my parents would wake.

“She’s right here.”

I then noticed the tiny fairy was hovering by his ear.

“May I have some dust?” I asked politely, knowing she liked it when you were polite to her.

Smiling gently at me, she nodded.

Gratefully I took the dust she sprinkled on me and jumped through my window.

“I can fly!”

Peter grinned at my enthusiasm before twirling in the air and continuing to Neverland.

The journey was surprisingly short and I almost cried with joy as I saw the Lost Boys standing and waiting for us to arrive.

“Hello boys!” I yelled, landing gingerly on my feet. It felt as if I’d been flying for years.

I walked into the dark tree where the boys had led me. Peter showed me to my room, which was pitch black. Neverland seemed to be so much darker than it was described.

“Wendy, I’m going out with the boys you stay here.”

I pouted from my room where he couldn’t see me. The Peter I knew would never leave me behind. In fact, he would insist on bringing me along. Just as he would insist on protecting me and making me stay forever. Was I so submissive that he saw no point in showing me around because he knew I’d never leave?

I shuddered at the thought. If there’s one thing I hate its people who can’t stand up for themselves, although that’s how I seemed around Peter.

Maybe he knew I could find my own way around. That would make so much more sense than if he’s just left me. Yes, he expects me to explore on my own.

I walked out of the tree into the dark black forest. I thought it was supposed to be light here, but a lot of things I was familiar with seemed to be altered. Maybe it was to make the story more child friendly. But I could’ve handled it with valid descriptions. It was actually kind of annoying that I didn’t know Neverland as much as I thought I would.

I walked through the forest to find the Indian camp. I shied away from there, knowing they weren’t the friendliest people. Then I went down the bay where the mermaids were swimming.

The swirling black waters were beautiful in a eerie way. I almost wanted to swim through them, although I was sure it would lead to my death. That was the only way I could manage to restrain myself.

I watched the Mermaids tossing their hair and combing through it with their fingers and seashells. They giggled and talked, occasionally glancing my way, making me turn bright red. I decided I’d had enough of their talking and staring and walked quickly to the cliff where I had a clear view over the dark water.

I wondered where Peter was right now. It was rather cruel of him to leave me on my own. I wish I’d asked if I could join him, although it hadn’t occurred to me that I could. I’m only now realizing what an idiot I was.

Him and the Lost Boys were probably having the time of their lives without me. I bet even if I was there they’d still be having fun. But I just wanted to know. I wanted to do what they were doing. The whole point of coming to Neverland was to be with Peter.

I wondered if the Pixie dust was still in effect. I’m pretty positive it was. Glancing at the water I threw myself from the cliff willing myself to fly.

The last thing that filled my mind was black.


I awoke with a start as my body fell out the window.

The last thing that filled my mind was black.

Get News Now Newspaper

Girl Jumps Out of Window

17-year old Wendy jumped out of her window two nights ago. Her parents say she never showed signs of depression, although she has sleep walked before. It is suspected that she had a dream that caused her to either walk or jump out of her window. Wendy has been known to do crazy things while she was sleeping but the doctors and her parents never thought it was this much of an issue.

Wendy was a beautiful young lady with a wonderful mind. She loved collecting dolls, reading books, and hanging out with friends. And although unfortunately, she unintentionally killed herself it is best if we think of her in respect as the girl who was a dreamer. The girl who was young at heart. The girl who always had a smile.
♠ ♠ ♠
eh...
Comment please!