Status: Story for the Story Telephone game - info in comments, don't read story if you want to participate

Telephone

Chapter Five

Erin forced a smile back, still reliving the conversation, with James, in her head. He didn't seem at all curious as to what she was doing, or who she was hanging out with. Not that it really bothered her, she just wished he had asked more questions, sort of set her up to say that she was hanging out with Joey later. She wished it was like earlier when he actually asked questions and seemed to care.

“Just sit there and I'll be right back.” Erin walked into the back to get a piece of paper and a pencil to draw out the tattoo. She started back over towards Joey when Nadia stopped her and pulled her aside holding up a finger towards Joey signalling for him to hold on a second.

“So are you actually going to hang out with him tonight?” She asked a scornful look on her face, a fire burning in her eyes as she silently judged Erin for the actions Nadia thought she was about to procure.

“Well yeah,” Erin replied, “There's nothing wrong with just hanging out with a guy is there?”

“There is if you think you might like the guy. As in like him more than a friend. Besides you have a great boyfriend already!” Nadia shook her head at Erin, “I don't get you sometimes.”

“Is that all you wanted? To get me over her to... what should I say?... bitch me out?” Erin went to walk back towards Joey, “Because I have a client,” She motioned towards Joey, “Waiting.”

“No that's not all,” Nadia hissed grabbing Erin's arm to spin her back around.

Erin glared at Nadia, “Oh yeah what then?” She asked her eyes searching over Nadia's face as she tried to decided whether or not she should hit her.

Nadia sighed, “Erin, James deserves more respect from you, he should know and I know he didn't ask when you called him but maybe because he thought that you were going to hang with me like you normally do.” Nadia raised an eyebrow to see if Erin got it.

“Your point?” Erin said as she placed the pencil and paper on the counter, “He never inquires and he hasn't seen me in days. I get that he wants to spend time with his band and tour and shit but give me a break. I just want to hang with him and I do feel a little guilty, but may I please have a chance to have someone to fall back on?”

Nadia narrowed her eyes, “He's my client now, take Melanie.” she motioned towards her client that was walking in and walked towards James.

Erin stared after Nadia in disbelief as she sat down with him. She faintly heard her say, “I'm sorry sir it seems that Erin accidentally double up on her list. I will be taking over for her if that's okay.”

Erin growled as she went over to Nadia's client. “Hello Melanie, I'm Erin.”

“Oh, hello.” Melanie said she she looked up, “I thought I had Nadia?” she questioned confused.

“It seems like Nadia is unable to do you tattoo, if it's okay I'm available right now. I can show you some of my work if you're unsure.” Erin replied trying to reassure her.

“I would love to see your work.” Melanie answered as she put the magazine down and stood up.

Erin lead her over to one area and started showing some of the tattoos she has done recently, with Melanie now and then commenting on some.

“Okay,” Melanie smiled, “I think you can do my tat.”

Erin nodded and turned to her, “So what did you have in mind?”

“I would like you to do dome rosary bead encircling my son's name. He died three months ago.” Melanie said as she licked her lips a few tears leaping to her eyes.

“Oh,” Erin looked up a little shocked, she hated doing these kinds of tattoos, but she pushed through it. “What happened?”

“He was killed in the robbery on Meadow Street.” Melanie sat down at the table and waited for Erin to sit across from her.

Erin sat down and started to sketch out the idea with interjections from Melanie now and then on how she wanted something place.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know this should of been up a while ago but I had something more important come up.
I'm sorry but It's up now.
It's not as long as I would like and I hope you can work off of it
<3 Kat