Status: In Progress

Miss Novocain

There’s always been that girl that no one really knows about. She’s a mystery and doesn’t really let anyone get close enough to know the real her. She can’t, because then they’d know all her secrets.

They’d know that she’s been so scared for her life that she’s had to kill someone. They’d know that she becomes a blubbering mess when it comes to talking about her brother, Tony. They’d know that she’s been on the receiving end of death threats simply because of her last name and sleeps with a knife under her pillow in case someone breaks in looking for her father again. They’d know that her father is the boss of one of the five families of New York.

She keeps to herself because she doesn’t trust anyone on the off chance that they’re after her family and that makes her a bitch. She’s embraced the term and pretends it doesn’t bother her. She goes home to face family meetings and requests that keep her family from being a real family.

But now, she’s finding herself questioning everything thanks to a guy who makes her feel butterflies in her stomach. Would it really be so bad to trust at least one person, especially if that person treats you like you're the most important person in their life?