Pop.

1/1.

Pop.

It's almost the end of the day and they're putting through one of the last customers, an older woman with a back so curved that she's practically permanently bent in half. She's truly a nice lady but unfortunately, she smells awful. Usually, this would be all that the girl could focus on but today, the stockboy standing beside her is taking up all of her attention with just one noise.

Pop.

She has no idea how he's doing it but he keeps making this noise, this popping noise with his mouth. Even as he packs the bags, thin fingers easily plucking the groceries off the conveyor belt, he does it over and over again.

Pop pop pop.

When the customer leaves, they're alone up front and she hopes that maybe he'll actually screw off with that goddamn noise because she is going to-

Pop.

She whirls around to face him, black lined hazel eyes glaring to the best of their ability. It takes her a few seconds to register it but he's smirking, dry lips quirked up. Blue eyes locked with hers, he deliberately makes the noise again, sucking his lips in before popping them back out, crystal clear eyes mocking her the entire time.

Pop.

It's the end of her day, she's tired, hungry and fucking sick of his noise. She wants to just tell him to go do something very vulgar to himself but she knows that if she does that, he'll just make the noise again. So instead, surprising even herself, she takes one step forward and just kisses him, catching his lips before he can suck them in again. It's only when he kisses back, tugging her curls out of her ponytail that she makes the connection.

That noise. That stupid, godawful annoying noise. It's the same noise that babies make when they're asking for a kiss.

Pop.
♠ ♠ ♠
my job provides me with interesting material for stories.

xo.