Status: Completed.

No One Knows You Like I Do

I Promise I’ll Be Back Soon

Madison stood in front of the stage. Dead center. It wasn’t like that was her plan from the beginning. She’d been more toward the side, you know? But girls were forcing themselves to the front or to the back if they wanted to leave. For a local show, these girls were vicious. Sure the bands were well known around there, but they were all from there, so the girls were being dumb. Madison wasn’t complaining, she enjoyed that spot, but the girls there were just so catty, it almost made her wish she was from a different city.
The lights dimmed; the band was about to play. Madison was personally excited because it the band she was there for. She couldn’t care less about the other bands that played before them or the bands that played after them. She was there for them, and then she was out of the catty crowd.
There he was: Nick Santino. He stood in front of the microphone and adjusted it a bit so it was the right height for him. He picked up his guitar from behind him and pulled the strap over his head. He started strumming the chords to Dakota. A smile spread across Madison’s face as she looked up and locked eyes with Nick himself. He smiled back at her as he sang. He sang to her the whole set. She had these piercing blue eyes that looked to be smiling, even when there wasn’t one on her lips. She was beautiful. She was really the only person Nick noticed in that crowd. Everyone else seemed to be a blur.
The set ended and Nick handed his pick to Madison. He smiled at her as she took it in her hands and the tingling sensation from her touch made him want more. He walked off stage to put away his guitar and help with everything else. He got all pack up and put everything in the van. He pulled on his jean jacket and started scanning the people that had already made their way outside. There were still a few more bands playing, so maybe she was still inside. He closed the van door and turned back to the people. He walked toward them, continuing his search for her.
“Hey!” He heard a voice from behind him. He turned around reluctantly, knowing it was Eric Halvorsen, the bassist in his band.
“Yeah?”
“What are we doing now? We gonna go get some food or are we sticking around?”
“Sticking around, definitely.” Nick was still searching the faces of the people outside. He was only half listening to Halvo.
“Hey, you alright?” Halvo nudged him.
“What? Yeah. I’m just….looking for someone.”
“Oh really?” Halvo smirked. “Who?”
“That girl, who was up front, with the blue eyes. She was so pretty.”
“Oh her, I know who you’re talking about. Yeah, she was hot.”
“Hey, don’t use the word hot to describe her. She’s more than hot, okay?”
“Alright, man. I’ll, uh, catch ya later.”
“Mhm.” Halvo walked off, most likely in search of the other band members. That’s when Nick saw her. She was standing and laughing with a group of girls. They all just looked so dull compared to her. He made his way over to her. He wasn’t usually the type to do that, but there was a force pulling him to her and he wasn’t about to stop it. She made eye contact and smiled.
“Hi.” He smiled back. “I’m, uh, I’m Nick. I just felt the need to introduce myself.”
“I, uh, know who you are.” She giggled. “I’m Madison. Nice to, uh, meet you.” She put her hand out to shake his and he chuckled before shaking it. What am I doing? Did I just shake his hand? I’m so stupid.
“What’d you think of the show?”
“It was great. But I always think your shows are great.” Her friends had dispersed, leaving Madison and Nick alone.
“You’ve seen us play before?”
“Yeah, a few times.”
“Really? That’s awesome. I’ve, uh, never noticed you before.” He replied sheepishly.
“Well, I’m usually in the back or to the side, I mean, it’s understandable, you know? I don’t expect you to remember after tonight either.” She chuckled softly.
“Oh, I’ll definitely remember you. You’re, uh, you’re very pretty.” He blushed and looked away.
“Me? Are you talking to the right person?”
“Of course…..uhm, this is probably odd, but me and the guys were gonna go get something to eat. Would you, maybe, want to join us?”
“I’d love to.” Nick smiled and led her to the other guys, introducing her to all of them, Halvo giving him suggestive eyebrows. Nick hit his arm lightly. They all piled into the van and drove to a Denny’s that was around the corner. They figured it’d be the only place open that late and Denny’s was always a good choice after a show.
The group slid into a booth and quickly started looking over the menus.
A silence fell over everyone. They were all studying the menus like they’d never been to Denny’s before. A Taylor Swift song started playing throughout the restaurant. Madison started singing almost inaudibly as she looked through the appetizers.
“Taylor Swift fan, huh?” Halvo said from the right of Madison.
“What?” She chuckled. “Yeah, of course! I love her.”
“You know, Nick’s practically in love with Taylor Swift.” He smirked.
“In love? Ha. Not at all. I just love her music.” Nick shrugged.
“If that’s what you call it.” Justin Richards, the guitarist, smirked from across the table.
“Guys.” Nick said as a way of getting them to shut up.
The waitress came to ask their orders. They closed their menus and read off their orders. The waitress took the menus and left them to their conversation.
Nick, thinking he was slick, wrapped an arm around Madison’s shoulders.
“Keep it in your pants, Santino.” Justin chuckled as he watched Nick.
“What? I….I….uhm…” His face turned red and he covered it with his hands. Madison giggled beside him.

******

Once everyone finished, they got up to pay the bill. Madison started pulling out her wallet when Nick stopped her.
“It’s on me.” He chuckled.
“No, it’s okay. I’ve got the money.”
“But I invited you, you’ve got to let me pay.”
“No.” She giggled. “It’s okay.” She pulled out her money and handed it over to the cashier before Nick could try to stop her again.
“Well, at least let me walk you back to your car?”
“That I’ll let you do.” She smiled. Nick smiled back and reached for Madison’s hand. He laced their fingers together and started for the door.
“Santino, where ya going?” Halvo asked.
“I’m gonna walk Madison to her car, back at the venue.”
“Oh, got it.” Halvo smirked and moved his eyebrows suggestively as Justin burst out laughing next to him.
Nick and Madison were outside and there was silence.
“Uhm, ignore those guys.” Nick finally spoke.
“Why? I think they’re funny.” She chuckled.
“Yeah, but they’re, like, embarrassing parents or something.”
“They’re like you’re brothers. I think it’s cute.” Silence again. “Nick?”
“Yeah?”
“Why are you doing this?”
“Doing what?”
“You randomly walked up to me, invited me to eat with you, and now you’re holding my hand, walking me back to my car. Why?”
“Because…..you’re just so beautiful. I wanted to get to know you. I wanted to talk to you. Then Justin and Halvo go and talk nonstop.”
“Me, beautiful?” She chuckled. “You’ve obviously been looking at the wrong girl.” They’d reached her car by now and were standing at the back of it. It was the only car left in the parking lot.
“What? Don’t say that. I’m definitely looking right at you. You’re so beautiful.” Madison leaned her back up against her car and looked away.
“That’s sweet. Thank you…..I just--”
“Stop.” He chuckled. He placed a hand on her cheek, lifting her head up, so he could press his lips to hers. Madison wrapped her arms around Nick’s neck, standing up straight, and pulling herself into his body. After a few minutes, Madison pulled away.
“Don’t stop, I--”
“Shh. I’m not stopping. Come here.” Madison pulled him by his wrist to the backseat of her car. She unlocked the door and slid inside, pulling him with her. Nick smirked and closed the door behind him. He leaned forward and reconnected their lips before laying her down on the seats. Madison pulled him close to her by the collar of his shirt and she slowly started unbuttoning the buttons on it. Nick moved his hand down to the bottom of her shirt, lifting it slightly. He moved his hand up her side underneath her shirt.
“Wait.” Nick pulled away. “We can’t do this.” He sat up and fixed the buttons on his shirt. Madison sat up as well.
“I’m sorry. I thought it’s what you wanted.” She frowned.
“No. I mean, believe me, I do, but not here. Not now.”
“Okay…..”
“I’m leaving on tour and don’t want to do this to you. I’m gonna be gone two months. It’s not right. I want to take you out first. On a real date. When I get home. Okay?” He smiled hopefully. Madison looked up and their eyes met.
“Okay.” She smiled back and nodded.
“I’ll call you tomorrow, though, okay?”
“Promise?”
“I promise.” He smiled and passed his phone to her so she could type in her number. She did it quickly and handed it back to him. “Come here.” She slid across the seats and sat right next to him. He pressed his lips to hers again before pulling away, their foreheads still touching. “I’ll talk to you tomorrow.” He breathed, then pecked her lips once more. He opened the door and they both got out. Madison went to the driver side door and opened it. She looked back at Nick again. He smiled at her, causing her to smile back, before she got into the car.
♠ ♠ ♠
The first chapter of my Nick Santino story. Another Story. I know. And I haven't finished one. Get over it! Hahaha
And I haven't finished writing this, yes, but I really really wanted to post something from it! I can also feel the story coming to a close. I've written 21 chapters and I think it'll be done around 25 or 30. And I definitely won't post all of the chapters until it is finished. I will finish writing before I finish posting. Does that make sense? I hope so.
Anyway. I really enjoy this story and hope y'all will, too. Spread it around, yes? :3

Comment & Sub? <3