Status: Completed.

No One Knows You Like I Do

Tell Me What You Want

The bell at the end of fourth period rang. Madison’s English class emptied out except for her and Nick. She walked up to his desk and set her things down on it.
“She still won’t talk to me, Nick. What am I gonna do? I can’t go to another class with her in it. We sit next to each other in every single one and it’s the most awkward thing ever.” Nick stood up and wrapped an arm around her, pulling her into his chest.
“I’m sorry. I wish there was something I could say or do that would make her talk to you, or at least make things easier to take in.”
“Thanks for caring so much.”
“You already know how much I care.” There was a knock on the classroom door before it started to open. Madison jumped out of Nick’s arms and stood up straight.
“So, that’s it for the homework then?” It was the first thing that came to her mind. Luckily, it was only another student instead of a teacher.
“That’s it.”
“Thanks!” Madison fake smiled and picked up her things before exiting. She started for her next awkward class period with Mackenzie. She entered the classroom and sat in her seat. Mackenzie was already seated and was acting as if Madison was just another student entering the room. Madison set her things on her desk and rested her head on top of it. She sighed to herself. She wanted to say something to her so badly, but it hadn’t worked any other time. Every time she opened her mouth to speak, she quickly chickened out and returned to whatever she was doing. This class, however, would make things more awkward. They had just started a video project last week and the two were, of course, partners and were going to have to talk. The teacher took roll and everyone went to their designated computers, except for Mackenzie and Madison. They just stared awkwardly around the room.
“We don’t have to be friends to work on the project together. It’s our grade and it has to get done.” Madison said softly.
“Whatever.” Mackenzie got up and sat down at their computer to get started. She was obviously thinking about her grade, rather than their friendship, because she started to work diligently, unlike last week. They were actually getting things done, instead on messing around and cracking jokes like they had the previous Friday.
The bell was minutes from ringing and Mackenzie started to save their progress and gather her things up. Madison went to her desk, checking her phone for any texts from Nick, since fifth was his free period, but she had none. She frowned to herself as the bell rang. Mackenzie grabbed her bag and quickly headed for the door. Madison didn’t understand what she was trying to do, lose her? They had the same class; there was nothing she could do about that. Madison caught up to her and just simply walked at the same pace without a word. Before they entered the classroom, Madison cleared her throat and turned to speak to Mackenzie. She wanted to apologize profusely and see if there was anything she could do to fix their friendship, but all that came out was, “Do you need a ride home from school?” Mackenzie had texted Madison this morning only to say she hadn’t needed a ride to school.
“No. I’ll take my own car, from now on. I don’t need you, okay?” Mackenzie shoved passed her and entered the classroom. Madison stop as tears sprang to her eyes. It wasn’t the lack of needing a ride that made her cry. It was the I don’t need you. She took in a deep breath and wiped the tears with the side of her wrist. She stepped through the door and sat down in her seat next to Mackenzie. This was how it was going to be now.

*******

The final bell of the school day rang. Since Madison didn’t need to take Mackenzie home, she figured she could dawdle around and talk to Nick for minute. She made her way across the hall to his classroom. She opened the door his room and stepped inside. Just as she figured, he was talking to some students, but she knew if she waited, he’d be with her any minute. Nick looked over and made eyed contact. He smiled quickly, but let it drop as to not bring too much attention. Madison sat at a desk and busied herself with her phone, as she had the last time she came to his room. She heard the familiar voices of the girls that had been in the room that last time. She looked up to see them melting right in front of him. It made her sick. She rolled her eyes trying to ignore it, but their voices were just so annoying. They were practically throwing themselves at Nick and he was just playing along like he didn’t notice. He was smiling and laughing and….totally flirting back! Madison knew too well. Did these girls honestly thing he would date any of them? But then Madison’s mind wandered to her relationship. Of course it was totally possible. He was dating her. He would totally date one of them if he wasn’t dating her.
Madison set her phone down, getting too caught up in her thoughts. Did these girls stay in his class after it let out to flirt with him every day? He never said anything about it. I mean, I guess he didn’t have to, but in a relationship, when you know something is bothering your significant other, doesn’t that mean you should stop? Madison threw her phone in her purse and went out the door quickly. With everything going on with Mackenzie, she really needed Nick, but he was too busy flirting with those girls to even care anymore. Madison’s head was spinning as she reached her car. She threw her purse in the passenger seat and started the car. She needed to get home.

The door slammed and Nick looked up. Madison was gone from the desk she was once occupying and the smile on his lips slipped into a frown.
“What was that all about?” One girl laughed her annoying laugh.
“I think someone has a crush on their teacher and couldn’t stand seeing him talk to other girls.” Another girl, this one being Tracy,(the girl who dragged Mackenzie to Rocket’s show) let out an equally as annoying laugh. Nick looked around at the girls. He knew why Madison had left. It pained him to realize that, to her, it looked like he cared more about talking to these girls. He cleared his throat and turned to his desk.
“Well, I have to, uh, get going. I have some things to do, so I’ll see you girls in class tomorrow.”
The three girls whined in unison.
“Come on, Mr. Santino, stay a little longer!” The third girl had said.
“Yeah, Nicky!” Tracy said as she placed a hand on Nick’s forearm.
“That’s inappropriate.” He moved her hand off his arm. “I think it would be better if you called me Mr. Santino, and even better if you ladies found the door. I have to leave now.” He picked up his bag and followed the girls out. He locked the door after exiting and made his way to his car.

******

Madison lay under her covers crying. She was in her house all alone, so she didn’t have to worry about anyone pretending to care if she was alright. She was so stressed about Mackenzie not talking to her that she could barely see straight. She just needed Nick to hold her and tell her everything was going to be alright, even though she knew they weren’t. She wanted him to ease her into falling asleep, so she could actually get some sleep, and then stay by her side as long as she needed him.
There was a knock on the front door that brought Madison back into reality. She had no idea who it could be, so she quickly jumped up to look at her reflection in the mirror. She looked horrible. The only make up she wore, mascara, was smudged all over her face. She went to the sink to wash it away and make herself look more presentable. She pulled her hair back into a high ponytail and went downstairs. She pulled open the door to reveal her boyfriend standing there with a single red rose.
“I’m sorry. I’m so so so sorry. I should have shoved those girls right out the door as soon as you walked in. They don’t mean anything to me, while you mean everything, and I just let you burst out the door. I’m a terrible boyfriend and should be punished.” Madison shook her head as a smile crept onto her face. She stepped forward and wrapped her arms around his neck. She placed a soft kiss on his lips before saying, “How in the world can I stay mad at you when you come to my door like this?”
“I’m sure if you tried really hard, you could do it.”
Madison chuckled. “Get in here.” She picked up his wrist and gently pulled him inside before pressing her lips to his again. Nick kicked the door shut as he picked Madison off the floor. He brought them to her room and set her on the bed.
“This is for you, m’lady. Where would you like it?” He was gesturing to the rose in his hand.
“Just set it on the dresser, I guess.” She sat up on her bed while Nick put the flower on her dresser and kicked off his shoes. He returned to the bed and sat next to her.
“She’s still not talking to you, huh?”
“No.” She whined as she lay back on the bed and covered her closed eyes with her hands. “I don’t know what I’m gonna do, Nick. She’s my best friend. She’s been there for me since day one. How am I supposed to just go on with out her? She’s my other half!”
“What about me?” He stuck out his bottom lip as Madison peeked from under her hands.
“Oh, stop it! You know what I mean!”
Nick chuckled and laid on his stomach next to her. “It’s gonna be okay. If you’re this miserable without her, imagine how she is without you.”
“But Mackenzie isn’t like me. She has other friends. She’s always had other friends. And I, I just have her…”
“And me, and Halvo, and Justin, and Loren. You have other friends, too.”
“Okay, but who am I supposed to talk about you to? Without a girl friend, I have to keep all that stuff inside.”
“You can always talk about me to me, I won’t get sick of that.” He smirked. Madison picked up a pillow and hit him with it. “I’m kidding!” He chuckled. “Call Halvo up, he’s practically a girl.”
“That’s not very nice.” She sat up, leaning back on her elbows.
Nick sighed. “I’m kidding, again. I’m trying to lighten the mood! I’ll stop it.”
“No, you don’t have to. It’s making me feel better.”
“Good! That’s what I wanted.” He smiled before leaning forward and kissing her lips gently. “Everything will be just fine.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Do you think everything will be just fine?
lol.
Thanks lovelyhope & Ann Orton for commenting!
Not much else to say. Hope you enjoyed it. Comment if ya did. ;)

<3