Status: Completed.

No One Knows You Like I Do

We Can Make It Right

Madison and Nick waited patiently outside of the doctor’s office. Madison was more nervous than she ever had been. She didn’t think something like this would happen, at least not so early in their relationship. She should’ve been smarter; they both should have been. Madison’s name was called. She took a deep breath as she looked to the nurse. She stood up and looked back to Nick.
“I’ll be right here when you get out, I promise.” He tried giving her a smile, but he was just as scared as she was about the whole thing. He knew neither of them were ready to be parents. They were both so young, hell; Madison wasn’t even eighteen, yet. He was so nervous, especially because he had to wait for the news. To try and calm himself, he started bouncing his knee up and down.

“Hello, Madison. What are you here for, today?” The nurse asked as she took a look at Madison’s chart.
“Well, I think that I might be…pregnant and I wanted to find out for sure.” She sighed after she got it out. It was almost worse having it out in the air.
“Alright then, have you taken any tests to find out?”
“No, but I’ve been getting kind of sick these past few days and I’d rather be 100% sure.”
“Okay. I’ll be right back to run a few tests.”
The nurse returned a few minutes later and ran the tests. She said it would take a little while for the results, so she asked her questions about what she would do if she was. It scared Madison that she actually had to make these decisions at her age and by herself, too. It wouldn’t have been as scary to her if she could have had Nick by her side the whole time.
“The results should be ready now. I’ll go check them.” The nurse left and Madison’s heartbeat sped up. Her breath was growing short and her stomach was in knots. She took a few deep breaths and waited for the nurse to return. The door opened and there was the nurse.
“Well, I’ve got some good news for you.” Madison still wasn’t sure what that was supposed to mean. Most nurses thought having a baby was the good news. “You aren’t pregnant.”
“What?”
“You’re not pregnant, honey. According to the results, you’ve been under a lot of stress lately, causing your late period and your exhaustion. The throwing up was due to your lack of eating. My only suggestion is for you to relax. And I can give you a prescription for some anxiety pills, which will also help calm you down.” Madison was so shocked by the news. She actually wasn’t having a baby. She was relieved, more relieved than she ever had been in her whole life.
“Uhm, seeing as I really don’t want to have to deal with this issue again, would it be possible to get…some birth control?”
“With that, my dear, you have to get the okay from one of your parents, since you’re not eighteen, yet. I can give you this to fill out,” she handed her a paper from one of the cabinets, “with your mom, since I know her. If you come back with this signed from her, I’ll get you a prescription.”
“Thanks.” She wasn’t sure how she’d get her mom to sign it without asking questions, but she would figure out a way. In the mean time, she had to go relieve Nick as well. “So, that’s it? I can go?”
“Here’s the prescription for the anxiety pills. You’re free to go.” She laughed.
“Thank you.” She tucked both papers into her purse and exited the room to go find Nick. She opened the door and he perked up immediately. He stood up and pulled her into a hug.
“What’s the verdict? Are we…..gonna be parents?”
“Let’s go outside.” She picked up his hand and laced their fingers together. She pulled him outside and stopped him on the sidewalk. She wrapped her arms around his neck and pressed her lips to his.
“That’s not giving me an answer.” He pulled away. “Please, just tell me.”
“This right here,” She pulled out the paper with the prescription on it. “Is my prescription for anxiety pills. To help with the stress and anxiety that has been making me sick. Which means, we are not having a baby.” She smiled widely.
“Oh thank God.” He picked Madison up in his arms and kissed her passionately. “Let’s go celebrate, yeah?”
“Please! I could use a drink.” They continued their walk to the car.
“Hey, last time I checked, only one person in this relationship is old enough to drink.” He smirked.
“Oh, Nick, don’t be like that, please!”
“I’m kidding!” He chuckled as he wrapped his arm around her shoulders. “Just don’t tell your parents.”
“Like they’d even care!” She laughed.

*******

Madison invited to Mackenzie over to Nick’s for the first time. Madison was nervous and excited about finally being able to combine her ‘two lives’ and bring her favorite people together. Mackenzie seemed excited when Madison asked her to come, so it eased her nerves a little bit, but she was scared that Mackenzie still hated Nick.
Mackenzie found her way to Nick’s place easily, thanks to the directions Nick had to give her. Madison kept telling her to “Turn right there!” As if Mackenzie would know where ‘there’ was. She knocked on the door and Justin answered.
“You must be MC. I’ve heard a lot about you.” He smiled as he stepped aside to let her in. “I’m Justin.”
“I listen to your band.” She laughed. “I know who you are.”
“Hey, you never know.” He shrugged. “Come on, Nick and Madison are out back.” He led her outside and Madison jumped up as soon as she came into view. She pulled her in for a hug immediately.
“I’m so glad you came! And I’m so glad you were able to find it!”
“Thanks, by the way, Nick.” She laughed.
“No problem. Madison is terrible at directions!”
“Always has been, always will be!” Mackenzie chuckled as she took a seat across from Nick, and next to Justin, and Madison returned to her seat next to Nick.
“So, even though you’ve already met, this is my best friend in the whole world, Mackenzie.”
“I thought we were best friends?” Justin frowned.
“Look, you’re Nick’s best friend and my best friend because of Nick. If Mackenzie is my best friend, then she has to be your best friend through me. So, in other words, we’re all just best friends, okay?” She chuckled. Mackenzie had a confused look on her face.
“If that made no sense, it’s because I let her drink. Never again!” Nick chuckled.
“Hey!” Madison whined.
“These two have been at it like that ever since they got back.” Justin sighed as he turned to Mackenzie.
“The girl likes to celebrate.” Mackenzie shrugged as she picked up Madison’s cup from the table. She examined the liquid inside and slowly took a sip. “I don’t know what you’re drinking, but it’s good.”
“Nick made it for me.” She shrugged. “You can finish it.” Nick picked up Madison’s hands in his and pulled her off the couch they’d been sitting on. “Where are we going?” She whined.
“Just come here, please?” He smiled.
She sighed. “Fine.” She let him take her inside and lead her to the kitchen He obviously wanted to be out of earshot of Justin and Mackenzie. “So, what are we doing in here?”
“I wanted to ask you something.”
“Well, go for it. I’m all ears.” She smiled.
“God, I love that smile.” He looked away from the nervousness he was feeling. “I want to give you a key to my place.”
“Correct me if I’m wrong, but that doesn’t sound like a question.” She giggled.
“Madison.” He whined.
“I’m sorry, go on.”
“I want to know if you’ll move in with me.”
“Like, take my things from my house and move them into your place and live with you all the time?”
“That’s kind of what moving in means….You don’t have to. I know we haven’t been together that long, but I wanted to ask. I’ll still love you the same if you say no.”
“Why would I say no?” She smiled, before pecking his lips.
“So, that’s a yes then? You’ll move in?” He asked with a wide grin on his face.
“Absolutely. When do you want me here?”
“Whenever you’re ready!”
“I was ready the second you told me you wanted to give me a key.”
♠ ♠ ♠
D'aww, they're moving in together. :3
What are your thoughts on that?
Thanks for commenting lovelyhope & katnisseverdeen<3