Status: Completed.

No One Knows You Like I Do

Maybe You’ve Got Nothing to Lose

The whole reason The Maine was in town was because they had a show. Therefore, obviously, all the guys from Rocket, Madison, and Mackenzie all went to the show as well. Mackenzie got to watch Garrett in action for the first time, which she was pretty excited for. They all stood side stage as The Maine played. It was a little bit cramped, but everyone was still enjoying it. At one point, JohnO dragged all the guys out onto the stage, leaving Mackenzie and Madison to watch from the sidelines, laughing til their stomachs hurt. Why they were laughing? Not even they knew the answer to that one.
After the show, they went out to eat as a group, before The Maine, Justin, Halvo, and Loren had to head off. Garrett caught up to Mackenzie, who was walking idly next to Madison.
“What’d you think of us?” He whispered into her ear, causing her to smile.
“I thought you guys did really good.”
“Okay, more importantly, what did you think of me?”
“Oh, was that what you really wanted to know?” She smirked. She turned to him, causing the two to stop and fall behind from the rest of the group. “I thought you were really cute with your little moves all over the stage.”
“Awh, I’m blushing.” He joked. Mackenzie rolled her eyes and reached for Garrett’s hand, lacing their fingers together. She made him walk faster so they could catch up with the rest of the group, so they weren’t left in the parking lot of Nick and Madison’s apartment while the rest of them went inside. They followed everyone else inside and the guys of The Maine gathered up their belongings.
Garrett set his bag by the door and slid next to Mackenzie on the couch, who had been talking with Madison. Madison smirked knowingly and got up to go find Nick.
“So, we’re about to leave.” Garrett said.
“I know.”
“That’s it? You’re not even going to give me your number? How am I supposed to go with you to that dance?!”
“Oh, Garrett, you need to calm down. I was getting to that. If you let me talk, instead of jumping to conclusions!” She laughed. She took his phone from his hands and typed in her number. “There.” She smiled as she handed it back to him.
“Thanks.” He smiled, with a light pink to his cheeks.
“You’re cute when you blush.”
“Thanks?” He chuckled. Mackenzie placed her hands on his cheeks and quickly kissed his lips. “What was that for?” He was blushing even more now.
“I just wanted to make sure I kissed you before you left.” She shrugged, standing from the couch. She went into the kitchen to pour herself some water and Garrett followed close behind.
“Well, I won’t see you til next month, so maybe……” Mackenzie turned to face him and smirked.
“I see what you’re getting at. If you weren’t cute….” She wrapped her arms around his neck and he leaned down to press his lips to hers.
The rest of the guys walked over to the front door and glanced to the kitchen. They looked at each other, snickering quietly. Nick joined them and looked into the kitchen to see what they were laughing at.
“Alright, alright. Stop making out in my kitchen! I cook food in there…..sometimes. Anyway, come on, Garrett, I got to drive you guys to the airport now, or you’ll miss your flight.”
Garrett pulled away from Mackenzie and awkwardly walked over to join the group.
“I’ll, uh, see you next month.” He waved and picked up his bag. He went outside before everyone else and waited by the van. Nick turned to Madison.
“I’ll be back soon. Sleep if you must.” He rolled his eyes playfully and chuckled. He pecked her lips.
“I’ll be awake, don’t worry.” She smiled. She turned her attention to the guys that were in the doorway. “It was nice to meet you guys. I’m sure we’ll see you soon. And,” turning to Loren, Halvo, and Justin, “obviously I’ll see you guys again.” She rolled her eyes in mock disgust, before chuckling. The guys all waved and said their goodbyes as they stepped out the door. Nick winked at Madison as he pulled the door closed and made his way over to the van in the parking lot. Madison turned to Mackenzie, who was fiddling with her empty glass.
“So….” Madison smirked. “You two dating, now?”
“Nooo!” Mackenzie turned red from embarrassment. “We just kissed, okay? And he’s gonna go to the dance with me next month.”
“Really, now?” She continued to smirk.
“Stop with that look!” She walked to the sink to rinse out the glass and set it on the counter. “I’m leaving.” She went to the table and picked up her keys.
“You don’t have to leave! I’m sorry, I’ll stop.”
“Doesn’t matter. I better get home anyway. School night.” She groaned. “But I’ll see you tomorrow.” She hugged Madison tightly and went out the front door. Madison went over to the couch to watch some tv while she waited for Nick to get home.

*******

Madison was walking to her fifth period, but was running late thanks to Nick, so she had missed Mackenzie. She was probably already in her seat, waiting for the bell to ring.
“Madison!” She turned to see who had called her. If it was Nick, she was gonna slap him…later, of course. However, when she looked to see the face that matched the voice, it wasn’t Nick, it was Jake Miles. He was a tall, cute guy that she’d known since middle school. She had definitely been crushing on him before she and Nick got together. However, all those feelings for him were gone. To be honest, she had pretty much forgotten all about him until that very moment.
“Hi, Jake.” She said, awkwardly. “What’s up?”
“Sorry, if I make you late, I’ve just….been looking around for you all day and haven’t seen you til now.”
“Oh.” She chuckled. “It’s okay. What did you need me for?”
“Okay, this is probably random, but uhm….would you….maybe…want to go to the dance with me? I know we haven’t really talked in a while, but I’ve missed you and I thought maybe we could catch up and stuff, you know?” He rubbed his neck awkwardly and looked at his feet.
“Uhm…” Madison had to think about it for a minute. I mean, it wasn’t like she could really go with Nick, anyway. He worked there, it wouldn’t be acceptable. And Mackenzie was going with Garrett and there was no doubt she’d end up dragging Madison along with her. It would be a lot better to have a date than to be the third wheel and it wasn’t like she would be cheating on Nick anyway. It was just a dance. Nothing would happen. It would just be two friends going to the dance together. “Yeah, that sounds like a fun,” She smiled.
“Great!” He looked up and dropped his hand to his side. “Alright, I’ll see you around.” He chuckled and shuffled off to class.

******

“So, he asked you to the dance and you said yes?” Nick asked, from the couch. Madison was in the kitchen, filling up their drinks.
“Yeah, I mean, it’s just a dance. And it’s not like we can go together.”
“But, what if he thinks it’s something more?”
“I’ll be sure to let him know I have a boyfriend, okay, Mr. Jealousy?”
“Hey, I’m not jealous.”
“Mhm.” She smirked at him as she handed him his glass and sat down next to. Nick set his glass on the table in front of them and crossed his arms over his chest. Madison sighed, rolling her eyes, as she set her drink next Nick’s. She moved over next to him and uncrossed Nick’s arms. She maneuvered herself so she was on his lap. He wouldn't look her in the eyes, so she placed her hands on his cheeks and made him look at her. “You know I’d rather go with you, Nick, but I can’t. And Mackenzie has a date and she’s gonna make me go. I don’t want to be all third wheel. It’s just a dance, okay? And you have to chaperone, anyway, don’t you?”
Nick sighed. “Yeah, I do.”
“See? So, nothing can happen.” She leaned forward and pressed her lips to hers.
“I guess you’re right.” Nick pulled away, sighing. He locked eyes with her and chuckled at himself for being so jealous. “Come on.” He grabbed the remote, turning off the tv and picking Madison up in his arms. He kissed her again as he carried her to their room.
♠ ♠ ♠
I never realized how short some of these chapters were until I post them on here. :/
But I guess the good news is that I update frequently, right? I hope that's alright. Hahaha
Anyway, I hope this chapter wasn't too boring or anything and I hope y'all like my story, cause I don't get a whole lot of feedback, so I'm not sure how you're feeling.
:)