Status: Completed.

No One Knows You Like I Do

Tryin’ to Right My Wrongs

Madison sat on Mackenzie’s living room couch while Mackenzie and Garrett talked in the kitchen. Mackenzie was making some lemonade as Garrett told her what happened.
“And he won’t believe her? Are you kidding me? What a prick!”
“He’s one of my best friends and I agree with you! I don’t know why he’s being like this. I know he loves her, I can see it when he looks at her, that’s why I’m so confused.”
“I knew he would do something like this. This is why I didn’t want her to be with him.” She sighed.
“Hey, he’s a good guy and, honestly, they’re perfect together. He’s just scared of losing her. But that’s why he should be fighting for her, not with her.”
“He needs to get his shit together before I kick his ass. That’s my best friend, practically my sister. Nobody messes with my family.” Garrett kissed her temple.
“That’s what I like about you.” He smiled.

******

Nick lay in his bed with his hands covering his face. He sighed loudly and rolled onto his side. He looked around the room at all of Madison’s things.
“What am I doing?” He said aloud to himself. He got up and went up the stairs quickly. He burst through the door and looked around. He checked outside and saw no sign of Garrett or Madison. He pulled out his phone and dialed Garrett’s number quickly, figuring Madison wouldn’t answer his call.

“Nick’s calling.” Garrett said.
“Answer it and let me talk to him.”
“No. I’ll talk to him.” He laughed and answered the phone. “What do you want?”
“Is Madison with you?”
“Yeah, not that you care.”
“I do care. I was being stupid. Let me talk to her.”
“No way. If you have something to say to her, you better say it to her face.”
“Where are you?” He sighed.
“Mackenzie’s.”
“Figures. Alright. Just…don’t tell her I’m coming.”
“And why the hell not?”
“Because I’m begging you not to. Please, Garrett?”
“Fine.” He sighed.
Nick shoved his phone in his pocket and slipped on his flip flops. He grabbed his keys and headed for his car.

“He’s coming here?” Mackenzie asked the second Garrett hung up.
“Yeah. And he doesn’t want me to tell her.”
“Why?”
“I don’t know, but he begged me not to.”
“Whatever.” She sighed. “He just better fix this.” She picked up two glasses of lemonade, one for her and one for Madison. She left Garrett’s on the counter and walked into the living room. Garrett grabbed his glass and followed her.
Madison was wiping her eyes when the two entered the room. Mackenzie handed her the glass and she took it reluctantly. She sipped it before setting it on the table. Mackenzie looked at Garrett and he shrugged, not knowing what to do or say. He sat on the couch next to Madison and Mackenzie sat on the other side.
“So…” Garrett spoke. Madison and Mackenzie both turned to him immediately. Garrett’s face flushed and he looked away.
“What do you want to do, hun?” Mackenzie asked, placing a hand on a Madison’s knee.
“Sleep. Forever.” She sighed, leaning her head on Mackenzie’s shoulder.
“You can sleep, just not for forever.”
“Well, I guess I can deal with that.” She repositioned herself so she was lying on Mackenzie’s lap. She kicked off her sandals and rested her legs across Garrett’s lap. She closed her eyes and did her best to stop thinking about Nick, if only just for a minute.
Before Madison knew it, the doorbell was ringing and Garrett was gently moving her legs onto the couch. She sat up slowly and rubbed her eyes.
“You expecting someone, MC?”
“Well, uhm…” She averted her eyes to the door as Garrett was opening it. Nick waved to Garrett before stepping inside and walking to the couch. He sat next to Madison and cleared his throat. Mackenzie stood, taking the hint to give them a minute. She went to Garrett, lacing their fingers together, and pulling him back into the kitchen.
“What are you doing here?”
“I’m sorry.” He put his hand over Madison’s. “I’m sorry I was being such a jerk. I love you and I trust you. I know you wouldn’t kiss him. I was just going crazy, because I was afraid of this happening. I just…I don’t want you to break up with me.”
“I’m not gonna break up with you.” Nick smiled with relief. “I thought you were gonna break up with me.” Nick shook his head and laced their fingers together, squeezing her hand softly.
“Let’s go out. You, me, Garrett, and Mackenzie. Since Garrett goes home in the morning, we should have fun tonight.” He smiled.
“Can I go home and shower first?” She smiled back.
“Of course. We’ll make it a dinner thing.”
“Okay, let me go tell them.” She stood up and started for the kitchen. Nick stood and pulled her back, placing his hands on her cheeks. He smiled lovingly before pressing his lips to her gently.

*******

Nick pulled up to Mackenzie’s house. Garrett hopped out of the car and quickly went up the steps. He knocked on the door gently.
“Hi.” Mackenzie smiled.
“Hi.” Garrett smiled back. He leaned forward and pecked her lips quickly. “Ready to go?”
“Yes sir.” She picked up his hand and laced their fingers together.

The four arrived at a cute little restaurant that wasn’t too fancy, but also not too casual.
“I’m so excited. I’ve never been on a double date before.” Madison beamed, causing Nick to chuckle as he wrapped an arm around her waist.
“You’re adorable.” He smiled and kissed the top of her head.
Once inside, Garrett told the hostess they needed a table for four.
“Right this way,” she smiled as she picked up four menus and led them to a booth in the corner. They all scooted into the booth as the woman walked away.
“Dinner’s on me tonight, guys.” Nick smiled as he picked up his menu.
“Yes!” Garrett high-fived Mackenzie before picking up his own menu. Madison leaned over and whispered, “I love you.” in Nick’s ear, before kissing his cheek. He smiled and turned to her, pecking her lips. Madison pulled away and laced her fingers with Nick’s. She leaned on his shoulder and looked at his menu as he flipped through it.

******

“Thanks for dinner, man.” Garrett placed a hand on Nick’s shoulder and held Mackenzie’s hand with the other.
“Yeah, thank you, Nick.” Mackenzie smiled.
“No problem.” Nick picked up Madison’s hand and they all walked back to Nick’s car. “Wanna go back to my place and watch movies?”
“Sounds good to me!” Mackenzie cheered.
“Zombies will be included, yes?” Garrett asked.
“Of course.” Nick chuckled, unlocking and opening the passenger door for Madison. He kissed her cheek as she stepped in. She leaned over to the driver side door and unlocked the rest of the doors. Garrett opened the door for Mackenzie and slid in after her, closing the door behind him.

They arrived back at Nick and Madison’s place and they all kicked off their shoes. Garrett went over to the shelf that held Nick’s DVD and started pulling things out. Mackenzie watched and giggled by his side. Nick went into the kitchen to something to drink and Madison followed.
“You’re in a much better mood tonight.” She leaned against the counter as he pulled out a beer.
“Is there any reason not to be?” He smiled as she walked over and leaned on the counter next to her.
“No, I’m just saying that it makes me happy that we’re not fighting.”
“I love you too much to keep fighting.” He set the beer on the counter and stepped in front of her. He placed one hand on the back of her neck and one on her waist. He pressed his lips to hers as he pulled her body as close to his as possible.
“What’s this? Making out in the kitchen while you have guests? You’re supposed to be getting us drinks!” Garrett huffed and the couple pulled apart in a fit of laughs. “I picked Killer Klowns from Outer Space.”
“Surprise, surprise.” Nick rolled his eyes playfully as he picked up his beer and pulled the top off with a bottle opener. He took a quick sip before continuing. “Help yourself to anything to drink. I don’t know what you want, since you don’t drink beer.”
Garrett sighed before pulling open the fridge and scanning it. His eyes landed on the Dr Pepper and he pulled two out. He pulled two cups out of the cupboard and began rummaging through Nick’s liquor cabinet.
“What do you want, love?” Nick turned to Madison.
“I’m just gonna have a Dr Pepper.”
“You know, you can drink if you want.”
“But, maybe I don’t want to?”
“That’s fine, too.” He kissed the top of her head before pulling open the fridge and pulling out a can. He started toward the living room and looked back to make sure Madison was following. He sat on the couch, setting their drinks on the table.
“Garrett’s mixing Dr Pepper with something in the kitchen for you and him.” Nick said to Mackenzie. She sighed as she put the DVD into the player. She pressed play and went into the kitchen. Madison sat down next to Nick and he pulled her into his side.
♠ ♠ ♠
:)
I found out today that The Maine is playing my favorite venue on Saturday November 22nd. I. Could. Die. I hyperventilated earlier. lol. But everything was The Maine and nothing hurt.
Hope this was a good chapter. I don't know if I'll update tomorrow cause I'm going to see The Summer Set, but I will definitely update on Friday, no worries!
<3