Status: Completed.

No One Knows You Like I Do

Short of Breath and Tired Eyes

“I’m sorry it’s so late. I just got into town and I figured you would be awake. I’m too awake to go to my parents and just sleep so…..hi.” She giggled. She pulled Nick into a hug.
“Hi.” He said, still in a confused state.
“I should have called.” She frowned.
“Yeah. You should have.”
“So, that gang’s all here?” She smiled as she looked around, noticing Halvo and John on the couch, watching TV.
“Yeah, they’re in town for the weekend.”
“Anything special about this weekend?”
“Uhm, it’s…Madison’s birthday.”
“And Madison is…?”
“Nick’s girlfriend.” John was beside Nick now, patting him on the shoulder.
“Oh, that’s awesome!” She gushed. It almost seemed genuine, but John see could see right through her.
“How old is she?”
“Eighteen.” Nick replied.
“Nicky, you were dating an underage girl up until now?” She said, in her normal condescending way.
“There’s the Chelsea I know!” John said.
“Right. I never did like you either, John.” She set her things down on the table and walked into the kitchen.
“Nick, it’s midnight. Officially Madison’s birthday. Shouldn’t you go find her?” Halvo suggested.
“Oh, go ahead, Nicky. I’m just gonna get myself a drink. You should bring her in here. I’d love to meet her!”
“…Sure.” Nick turned on his heel and headed toward the backyard. John followed.
“Are you sure you want Madison to meet your ex?”
He hesitated. “Yeah, sure.”
John sighed. “Why don’t you tell her to leave, Nick? Remember, she broke up with you. You were torn apart for weeks. Now, you have Madison. Not only is she way prettier than Chelsea and way better than for you than Chelsea, she loves you way more than Chelsea ever could.”
“I know.” Nick sighed. “And I love Madison more than I ever loved Chelsea.”
“Then why not just tell her to get the fuck out?”
“I can’t do that.”
“Why the hell not?”
“I…I’m not sure.”
Madison was lying in the grass with Ratboy. Her eyes were closed and she looked like she was ready for bed.
“Madison.” Nick said and kneeled down next to her. She opened one eye before shooting up and wrapping her arms around Nick’s neck.
“Nick!” She shouted in his ear. “Where have you been?”
“I was inside, but it’s officially your birthday and I had to come find you. Happy birthday, my love.” He pecked her lips.
“Thanks.” she whispered as she rested in his shoulder. She closed his eyes and started to fall asleep.
“Madison?”
“Hmmm?”
“Do you want to go to bed?”
“Mhm. Take me?”
“I…I can’t. John will and I’ll be in in a few minutes.” He helped her stand up and head John pick her up, so it’d be easier to take her to bed. Nick returned to the kitchen.
“Madison’s getting ready for bed, so I guess you can’t meet her.”
“Oh, shoot.” Chelsea said.
“Look, Chelsea--”
“Since she’s off to bed, let catch up!”

John carried Madison downstairs to her bed. He helped her take of her shows and then he tucked her in. He turned to leave, but was stopped by Madison’s voice.
“John.” He turned toward her.
“Yeah?”
“Who was that girl in the kitchen with Nick?”
John sighed and sat on the edge of the bed. “You saw her?”
“No, but I heard her voice and I knew it wasn’t MC.”
“That’s Chelsea…Nick’s ex-girlfriend.”
“What’s she doing here?”
“Honestly, I have no idea, but I’m trying to get her to leave. I hate her.”
“Why?”
“For one, she’s a bitch and was an awful girlfriend to Nick. On top of that, she wants Nick back.”
“Oh.” She rolled over onto her other side so she was facing the wall.
“He loves you. More than he ever loved her, but that’s not gonna stop her from trying something crazy. Something like kissing him and pretending it was all him, just so you’ll break up with him.”
“She’d do that?”
“Definitely.”
“Do me a favor, John?”
“Anything.” He smiled, even though she couldn’t see it.
“Get her out of here. I love Nick way too much to let her take him from me.”
“Done.” He kissed her forehead and went back upstairs.

Mackenzie looked around for Madison and didn’t see her anywhere. Pat, as Ratboy, was still in the grass, probably sleeping.
“Hey Ratboy!” Pat rolled over and looked up at Mackenzie.
“What?” He grumbled.
“Have you seen Madison?”
“She went to sleep.” He rolled back over, to continue his sleep.
“Of course.” Mackenzie sighed. She turned to Garrett and pulled him into the house. The couch was free, but only because Halvo went to the bathroom. The two lay on the couch and got comfortable, just as Halvo returned.
“Hey!”
“You left it wide open. Ours now. Go away so we can sleep.” Mackenzie said before cozying into Garrett’s side and closing her eyes.
“Garrett, c’mon!”
“You heard the lady.” He shrugged and wrapped his arms tighter around Mackenzie. Halvo sighed angrily and went to get comfortable on the floor in the corner.

“Oh, Nicky, stop!” Chelsea laughed hysterically at something not even half as funny as pretended it was.
“Nick.” John said through gritted teeth. He was so annoyed with the way she called him ‘Nicky.’ “Your girlfriend is waiting for you downstairs and has been for quite some time now.”
“Right, Chelsea, I think it’s time you went to your parents’.”
“Oh, but Nicky, I had a couple of drinks. I’m much too buzzed to be driving. Won’t you take me? You know the way very well.” She batted her eyelashes.
Nick has had a few drinks himself and his girlfriend wouldn’t appreciate that. So, you better sober up fast and get the hell out.” John huffed.
Excuse me?
“John.” Nick sighed.
“Don’t ‘John’ me like that. You know damn well she’s overstayed her welcome, which she didn’t even have to begin with, and Madison loves you, okay? And you’re supposed to love her. Don’t be a piece of shit. She deserves better than that.”
“Sounds like you want to date her, John.” Chelsea smirked.
“That’s enough, Chelsea. Goodbye. It’s time for you to leave and for me to go to bed, to my girlfriend.”
“Well then.” Chelsea stood from the table and grabbed up her things. She opened the front door and exited, slamming the door as she left.
“Good job, man!” John reached out for a high five.
“Not now. I’m going to bed.” He sighed. He turned toward the door at the top of the stairs and opened it. He made his way down and found Madison sound asleep. He took off his shoes and changed quickly. He got into the bed quietly and pulled the covers up.
“Nick?”
He smiled. “Yeah.”
“Do you still love Chelsea?” His smile disappeared.
♠ ♠ ♠
Doesn't Chelsea just BUG you? I hated writing her, but I kinda felt like I had to? haha
Anyway.
I went to the Go Radio/Every Avenue/Yellowcard show, just to wait outside, and I got to see Artist Vs Poet and kjkflajldjlajd well let's just say the night ended with Joe Kirkland following me on twitter and now we (as in me & mah bitches) are going to hang with all of them dis weekend :3

Thanks for commenting lovelyhope :)