Status: Completed.

No One Knows You Like I Do

Replacing Everything With Heavy Hearts

Nick hardly slept at all, laying awake for most of the night. He thought Madison was asleep when he walked in. Then she rolls over and asks him a question like that. Before he even had a chance to answer, she was asleep again, lucky for him. That didn't stop him from feeling like a bad boyfriend, though.
Madison rolled over to face him, now. She slowly opened her eyes and noticed Nick was awake.
"Morning." She smiled, before kissing his cheek softly. He was startled by her mood change and sat up quickly.
"Morning."
"You okay?" She propped herself up on her elbows.
"Do you remember anything from last night?" He asked her hesitantly.
"I remember running around the yard with Pat, telling Mackenzie that she and Garrett should get married, and being carried to bed. Everything else seems to be a blur." She chuckled. She had no recollection of Chelsea being there at all, but that didn't mean that Nick should keep it from her.
"That's it?"
"I think so."
"Oh." He looked away and Madison sat up completely now.
"Did something happen last night...?"
Nick sighed. "My ex, Chelsea, came by and before we went to sleep, you asked me..."
"Asked you what?" She frowned.
"...if I was still in love with her..."
"Oh." It was her turn to look away and things were silent now. Madison looked at Nick who was staring back. "Well, are you? ....Still in love with her, I mean?" Nick looked at the floor, then back at her quickly.
"No." He grabbed her hand. "How could I when I've got you?" She smiled. "I'll admit...I was still in love with her for a long time after she broke up with me, but when she showed up last night, she just showed me all the reasons why I love you and not her."
"Do you mean that?"
"I would never lie to you." Madison wrapped her arms around his neck and hugged him tightly.
"I love you." She whispered in his ear. Nick wrapped his arms around her torso.
"I love you, too."
"So..." She pulled away. "Do I get a birthday breakfast?" She smiled eagerly.
"Of course!" He chuckled and pecked her lips gently before lacing their fingers together and pulling her up the stairs.

Everyone upstairs was still passed out. Halvo was snoring in the corner, John was talking in his sleep sprawled out in the middle of the room, and Pat was still sleeping outside in the grass. "Should we wake Pat and bring him inside?" Nick chuckled.
"If he's still even a little bit Ratboy, I say we leave him as he is."
They went into the kitchen and started getting things out for pancakes, eggs, and bacon. With the sound of the closing refrigerator, Kennedy awoke. He sat up, rubbing his eyes and yawning before standing and going to the kitchen.
"Good morning, Kennedy." Madison smiled.
"Morning." He yawned again. "How are you so awake? You drank more than all of us!"
"Luck, I guess." She smirked as she mixed the pancake batter.
"What's for breakfast?"
"Pancakes, eggs, and bacon." Nick responded.
"I love you." Kennedy grinned. "Need any help?"
"How 'bout since it's my birthday and I just mixed the batter, you cook the pancakes?" Madison laughed.
"Alright." He stepped forward and took over.
"Score!" She cheered as she hopped up onto the counter and sat down.
"You're lucky it's your birthday." Nick squinted his eyes at her before breaking out into laughter and pecking her cheek.
Jared was next to join them and Nick somehow managed to pawn the bacon and egg cooking off on him, so he took a seat on the counter next to Madison.
When breakfast was finished, Madison put some food on four plates and covered the rest, so it wouldn't get too cold before everyone else woke up.
"What are the plans for today?" Madison asked as she sat down.
"I planned to wing it." Nick shrugged.
"So, you thought about it and planned to improvise?" Kennedy asked, stifling a laugh.
"You are so dumb!" Jared chuckled. "How are you dating this guy?"
"Shut up." Nick frowned.
"Hey, I don't care what we do, Nick, as long as I get to spend the day with you." Madison pecked his cheek.
"Awh, aren't you two so adorable!" Kennedy said sarcastically.
"Gag me." Jared said before making gagging noises, which caused Kennedy to laugh and practically choke on his orange juice.
"This coming from the guys who have had the same girlfriends since high school." Nick smirked.
"Wait, you guys have girlfriends?" Madison beamed.
"Two sexy guys like us? Of course we do." Kennedy winked.
"And that is why I will never understand how they've put up with you for so long." Nick sighed.
"What are their names?" Madison asked.
"Tessa." Jared smiled.
"Sofia." Kennedy smiled, as well.
"Awh, I HAVE to meet them someday!"
"Well, keep this on the down low, but A Rocket to the Moon is going on tour with us this summer. If Nick will let you tag along, you'll meet 'em." Kennedy winked. Madison turned to Nick with a grin on her face.
"Puh-puh-please?"
"Thanks, Kennedy." He sighed. "I wanted it to be a surprise, but I guess that's spoiled." He turned back to Madison. "I wouldn't survive without you. Of course."
"YAY!" She wrapped her arms around his neck and kissed his cheeks repeatedly.
"Okay, okay!" He chuckled and she released him so she could finish her breakfast.
"This is going to be the best summer of my life!"
"You say that now." John yawned, walking up, having hear the whole conversation. "Breakfast?" He grinned.
"On the stove." Madison stood and put her dishes in the sink. "Why do you say that?"
"Because the first week or so is great, but if you don't have the opportunity to shower, you're gonna start hating it after that."
"I've been to summer camp." She chuckled. "We got, like, one to two showers a week and when we did, they water was freezing. I think I'll survive." She smirked.
"Well, you're going to be the only girl among a bunch of guys." He shrugged as he filled up a plate with food.
"The only sibling I have is a guy and I share an apartment with a guy. I'll be fine. Stop trying to make excuse for me not to go." She chuckled.
"Sorry." He sighed. "It'll be great. I'm just looking out for you, promise."
"Well, thanks, but that's what my boyfriend is for."
"He wasn't there for you last night. I was."
"John." Nick entered the kitchen.
"I'm just stating the truth, okay?" He left the room and went outside to eat on the patio.
"What's he talking about?"
"Nothing just, uh, go get dressed and stuff so we can go out. Just you and me."
"Oh-kay." She left the room and went down the stairs to shower and get ready. Nick went out to the patio just as Pat was waking up. He got up from the grass and looked around.
"Rough night?" John laughed.
"You could say that. Let's not talk about it. Where's breakfast?"
"In the kitchen." Nick said and John looked up at him. His expression changed as Nick sat down next to him. Pat went inside to help himself to food and Nick stared at John.
"What was that in there?"
"I just don't want you to do something like last night while you're on tour and then she'll be stuck there with nowhere to go."
"It's not gonna happen."
"How can you promise that?"
"Because I love her, John. Not that that's any of your business." He stood and started to go back inside. "I don't know why you're looking out for her anyway. She's my girlfriend and you hardly even know her." He stepped inside and went down to his room.
"I know enough." He sighed under his breath.
♠ ♠ ♠
Why do you think John was acting like that? Hmm? haha

Guise, I drank a Monster today and now I have an infection in my throat. Ugh. I'm so upset. I have important things going on this weekend!! I hate Monster and I am never drinking it again.
Anyway. Thanks for commenting lovelyhope <3
Keep commenting; it makes me feel good! :)