Status: Completed.

No One Knows You Like I Do

Thought You Were Mine For The Taking

“I definitely can’t tell Nick. He’ll flip out. I’ll just have to talk to John. Oh my gosh. I just feel terrible now. I told him I’d help him get the girl. I almost helped him try to get me!” She covered her face with her hands.
“Don’t worry; he wouldn’t have made a move. He already knows not to. Garrett and I have talked to him about it.”
“Oh. Thanks.” Madison removed her hands from her face and sighed. “How long have you guys known?”
“A while.” Mackenzie shrugged. Madison stood and started for the door. “Wait, where are you going?
“I have to talk to John before I get tempted to tell Nick.”
“Well, you can’t talk to him now. He’s with Nick and they’re having a guys’ night.” Madison sat back down on the couch.
“What am I supposed to do? The second I see Nick, I’ll wanna tell him.”
“Just wait for them to get back. Tell Nick you’re gonna stay on the bus for one more night and then talk to John.” Madison pulled out her phone and sent a quick text to Nick telling him what Mackenzie told her to say. The two sat back and finally focused on the movie. It turns out they were watching Pretty In Pink. It must have been one Mackenzie had brought with her because it was not in the stack John had showed Madison the night before. Also, it didn’t seem like something the guys would sit around and watch for themselves.
Once it had ended, the girls decided to watch Aladdin as they waited for the guys to return. Aladdin was another one of the movies Mackenzie brought, seeing as it was her favorite Disney movie. The girls quickly dozed off and the next thing they knew, Garrett was nudging them awake. Mackenzie was mad at first, until she saw that it was Garrett, and then she quickly smiled. She pecked lips before he sat on the armrest. Madison sat up and rubbed her eyes.
“Oh, Madison,” Garrett began. “I’d watch out if I were you. Everyone but Halvo, Pat, and I are wasted.”
“Even Nick?” She sighed.
“Especially Nick. John and him were going crazy, but I don’t know why.” He shrugged. Madison rolled her eyes as her phone rang on the table in front of them. Speak of the devil.
“Yes, Nick?”
“Baby, why don’t you just…just come back to the van.” He slurred.
“No. Especially not now, knowing how shit faced you are.”
“Don’t act like you’re perfect. Remember I had to take care of you on your birthday.
“Except it wasn’t you. It was John.” Mackenzie and Garrett exchanged a glance and with just one look, Mackenzie informed Garrett that Madison was now aware of John’s crush.
“Whateverrrr. You were still shit faced.”
“Nick, just stop.” Madison sighed. “I’ll talk to you in the morning when you’re sober.” She hung up and threw her phone on the floor. “You know, all this time we’ve been dating, he’s never been this drunk.” She said to no one in particular as she rolled onto the floor. She lay next to her phone and closed her eyes.
“Maaaaadisooon!” John slurred as he walked into the back lounge. He stumbled onto the floor next to her and pulled off his shoes. “Whatcha doin’?” Madison looked over to Garrett and Mackenzie, as if asking them to leave. Even thought John was drunk, she still needed to talk to him before she saw Nick.
Once the two were alone, Madison turned to John so she could answer his previous question. “I am sitting here, being mad at my boyfriend.” She sighed.
“Oh shit. He’s in trouble.” John laughed. He rolled onto his back and covered his eyes with his hands. “I want to take off my jacket, but I am too tired.”
“Would you like some help?”
“Please?” He smiled while peeking through his fingers. Madison chuckled as she helped him sit up and pull his arms out of the sleeves. She set the jacket on the floor next to them.
“John.” She had to say something now.
“Hmm?” He had his eyes closed and was lying down again.
“How mad at Nick are you?” He sat up pretty quickly for a drunk man.
“What? Uhm…I don’t know…I don’t see why that really matters.” She paused. “Look, Mackenzie told me about the girl you like at that…it’s me.” John closed his eyes and groaned.
“Fuck.” He mumbled as he stumbled to his feet. Madison stood up, too.
“John, wait. You’re an incredible guy and anyone would be lucky to be with you.”
“Stop with that bullshit. I don’t want to hear it.” He started toward his bunk.
“If I wasn’t with Nick…” Madison began and John stopped in his tracks. He heard the bus door open and watched as someone stumbled inside. He smirked and turned around, grabbing Madison’s face in his hands. He kissed her lips quickly.
“Madison?” Nick said in bewilderment as Madison was pushing John off her. He wouldn’t release his hold on her.
“John, get off me! Nick!” She finally freed herself from John and was in front of Nick, now.
“She couldn’t keep her hands off me, man. I’m sorry.” John shrugged as he pushed passed them to get to his bunk. He kicked off his shoes and slumped into his bunk, closing the curtain behind him. Nick suddenly felt all sobered up. He shook his head and turned away from Madison, whose eyes were now filled with tears.
“Nick.” She choked out as she grabbed his wrist. “I didn’t kiss him. Please believe me.” They stepped off the bus and were met with the rest of both bands, as well as Mackenzie.
“I don’t know what to believe right now.” He sighed as he pulled his wrist out of her hand. “I need to sleep this off.” He walked to the van with all eyes on him.
“But I love you…” Madison said. He turned back and nodded before climbing into the van and shutting the door. Mackenzie and Garrett were at Madison’s side in an instant. Mackenzie pulled her into her chest so she could cry. She rubbed her back gently.
“What…happened?” She asked after a few minutes. Madison pulled away and just shook her head. She tried to speak, but she couldn’t. Garrett wasn’t sure who to punch at that point. John or Nick. It was obvious that both were involved.
“I’ll walk you to the van.” Mackenzie said as she led her over to the van. “I’ll meet you on the bus.” She said to Garrett. Madison pulled out of Mackenzie’s arms and turned to Garrett.
“Garrett.” He turned around to face her. “Can you give John a message for me?”
“Uh…sure.”
“Tell him…tell him I hate him.” She turned back toward the van without waiting for a reaction from Garrett or Mackenzie even.
♠ ♠ ♠
Oh my. She hates John! Would you hate him for that, too, or would you be mad at Nick or what?! Tell me! :D
I just updated We Won't Regret This. So go check that out, too!

Thanks for commenting: mandiimouse, lovelyhope, & katnisseverdeen <3