Status: Completed.

No One Knows You Like I Do

Living Life By the Mile

The tour was in Arizona and Mackenzie only had an hour before her and Garrett would be going to Garrett’s for lunch. She was so nervous and she knew she probably wouldn’t be eating. It was hard enough drinking water. “You need to relax.” Madison said as she sat down next to her.
“Relaxing is not something a person can do when they’re meeting their boyfriend’s parents for the first time. Not that you would know.” Madison’s jaw dropped.
“Wow, really? Sorry for trying to help.” Madison stood up and started for the door.
“I didn’t mean it, Madison!” She stood and followed her.
“You wouldn’t have said it, then.” Madison stepped off the bus and slammed the door behind her.

“Yeah, door, you better pay for what you did to Madison.” John laughed and Madison rolled her eyes. She pushed passed him and started down the street. John quickly caught up to her. “Wait, are you okay? What happened?” Madison sighed in frustration and sat down on the bench by a nearby bus stop. John sat next to her.
“I don’t even want to talk about it.”
“Is it about me? Did I do something?” He moved away.
“No, John.” She laughed dryly. “It was Mackenzie.”
“Uh oh, bestie trouble!” He said in his best girl voice, causing Madison to laugh.
“Stop it!” She shoved his arm playfully.
“I’m trying to make you happy! You deserve to be happy, not sad and hurt all the time.”
“You can’t say things like that.” Madison covered her face.
“Wh-what? Why not?”
“Because it makes me feel shitty for being with him.”
“But you love Nick…You do love him, right?”
“Of course I do! More than my own family. He’s my everything.”
“Then you’re with the right guy.” He shrugged. “You can’t feel shitty for being in love with someone else. Ju-just be my friend. That’s all I could ask for from you.”
“Done.” Madison laughed. “You know, MC’s just nervous. She probably didn’t mean what she said.”
“Exactly.”
“Thanks, John.” She stood up. “It really means a lot.” She gave him a smile before she headed back toward the van.
“Madison.” John stood and caught up with her.
“Where’s Nick, right now?”
“Doing an interview.”
“I have to tell you something.”

******

Garrett laced his and Mackenzie’s fingers together as they walked up the front steps of his house. Mackenzie’s heart was beating a mile a minute and she was sure it would fly out of her chest any second. She tried calming breaths, but nothing was working.
“Relax. They’ll love you.” Garrett kissed her temple before opening the front door and stepping inside. “Mom? Dad?” He called into the house. His brother Trey came bounding down the stairs.
“They’re out back.” He gave his brother a hug before stepping back and asking, “Who’s this?”
“This is Mackenzie. My girlfriend.” Garrett smiled. Mackenzie stepped forward.
“Hi.” She smiled and gave a slight wave.
“Nice to meet you.” Trey shook her hand. “This guy never stops talking about ya.” He smirked and Garrett’s cheeks turned bright red.
“Alright, time to find my parents. Come on, Mackenzie.” He picked up her hand and led her out to the backyard. Mackenzie’s nervousness only got worse as they inched closer and closer to Garrett’s parents.
“Garrett? Is that you?” A sweet, female voice called.
“Yes, mom!” Garrett smiled as his mom rounded the corner. She grinned and stepped closer with her arms wide open, ready for a hug from Garrett. Garrett dropped Mackenzie’s hand and hugged his mom tightly.
“How are you, sweetheart?” She asked him.
“Great!” He looked back at Mackenzie and then back to his mom. “Mom, this is Mackenzie, my girlfriend.”
“Hi.” She gave a slight wave with a nervous smile.
“Well, you are so pretty and definitely Garrett’s type.” She smirked. “It’s very nice to finally meet you after Garrett’s continuous talks about you.” Mackenzie blushed and looked up to see Garrett covering his bright pink face.
“It’s nice to meet you, too.”
“Well, come on. Let’s go sit down.” She led them to a small table and they sat down. She poured them each a glass of lemonade and sat down as well. They made small talk until lunch was ready and Mackenzie finally got more comfortable around everyone. They talked about little things, like school and such, as well as how Mackenzie knew Garrett’s friends.
Garrett’s parents and brother grew fond of Mackenzie pretty quickly. It was hard not to when she made Garrett so happy.
On their way out, Garrett’s parents hugged Mackenzie. “Come by any time. And we’ll see you tonight at the show.”
“See you then.” Mackenzie smiled.
“Bye Mom, Dad, Trey!” Garrett waved and they were out the door. Garrett turned to Mackenzie and kissed her quickly. “They loved you.” He grinned, which caused Mackenzie to blush for the hundredth time that day.
“They were so sweet.” She shrugged. “I’m glad you took me to meet them.”

******

John watched as Madison sat on Nick’s lap, laughing and having a good time. What he had told her obviously had no effect. John sighed to himself and stood up as he ran his hands through his hair. Madison watched him leave the room and she remembered what he said earlier. She looked at Nick and thought for a moment.
“Something wrong?” Nick asked when he noticed her stare. Madison had briefly zoned out and Nick’s voice brought her back in. She blinked rapidly with a laugh.
“No. Everything’s fine. What were you saying before?” Nick let out a chuckle before kissing her cheek.
“You are so spacey.” Madison looked back to the doorway John had just exited through. She shook the thoughts from her mind and worked her way back into the conversation with Nick and Justin.
♠ ♠ ♠
Here is pretty much another lame chapter. At least in my opinion. But we're moving along and some crazy stuff is up ahead, so just bare with me. Comment, yeah?
Thanks for the love on the last chapter:
xoxo_aj_xoxo
katnisseverdeen
lovelyhope

& heartsinruins <3