Status: Completed.

No One Knows You Like I Do

Always Come Back to You

Madison started work at her dad’s firm. It was stupid, to be completely honest. She hate every second of it. She hated having to deal with her dad’s coworkers hitting on her and his clients complaining when he was running late during a meeting. She hated answering the phones and taking messages. Mostly, though, she hated having to see her dad everyday. He acted as if he didn’t know her and he talked down to her like she didn’t know what a phone was. It was absolute torture. It was also so routine.
Everyday, Madison would do the same thing. Get up. Shower. Drive to the office. Deal with all the jerks. Go home. Watch a movie ‘til she fell asleep. Then she’d start over the next day. It was the worst and on top of it all, nothing stopped her from thinking about Nick.
Every single day just seemed to bring her mood down farther. She hated every second of her life and was ready to just run away and give herself a new life, in a new city. But there was something keeping her in Boston and everyone knew what it was. Or who it was.
“Just leave, Madison. If you can’t stand that job or that house, just get out.”
“Where am I supposed to go?”
“You’ve always wanted to move to Philly. Just do it.”
“I…can’t.” Mackenzie groaned. They’d had this conversation a million times. Madison wouldn’t leave Boston because she wasn’t ready to give up on Nick.
“Go see Nick, then. I know you want to and you know you want to. Just talk things out and get back together. You’re miserable without him.”
“I am not!” Mackenzie just glared at her. “Alright! Maybe I am. But I haven’t seen or heard from him in weeks, so…”
“Don’t you think for one second that that means he’s not thinking about you! You told him to leave you alone, so he did just that because he knew it’s what you wanted.”
“But--”
“Don’t, Madison! He fucked up and you’ve made him pay for it. Neither of you are done with each other, nor will you ever be done with each other. Talk to him and just get back together already.”
Madison thought everything over. Everything Mackenzie said was right. Madison just had to get the courage to go talk to him, which would definitely take her some time. She would talk herself out of it repeatedly, but eventually she’d do it.

“Are you gonna talk to her before you leave?” Justin asked Nick over the phone.
“I don’t know. I don’t really think she wants to see me. Like, ever again.” Nick held the phone between his ear and shoulder blade as he packed.
“Well, if you want her back, you should try one more time…you do want her back, don’t you?”
“Of course, I do, Justin! That’s the craziest thing you’ve ever asked me.”
“Sorry.” He paused. “Look, just go see her before you leave. If she gets mad, then you know it’s time to move on. But you need to try one more time.”
“Alright, alright.” He sighed.
“You leave in two days, so…”
“I know.” He chuckled. “I’ll talk to her. Now, I have to finish packing, so I’ll see you in a few days.”

******

Madison finally talked herself into going to Nick’s apartment. She was dreading every second of the drive over. What if he was over her? What if he didn’t want to see her? She pushed those thoughts out of her mind and pulled into an empty parking space. She shut off her car and sat there in her seat. She sighed and finally forced herself out of the car. Her heart was beating out of her chest as she stood in front of Nick’s door. She took a deep breath and held it as she knocked on the door. She let out the breath as she waited. After a minute, Nick still didn’t open the door. Madison turned around and noticed his usual parking spot empty. He wasn’t even home.
“Just my luck.” She huffed under her breath. She walked back to her car and climbed in.
Madison arrived home and pulled into the driveway. She walked through the front door and threw her purse strap over the banister on the stairs.
“Mom?”
“In the kitchen!” Madison sighed as she headed toward the kitchen.
“Sorry, I’m late. I stopped by a--” She froze as she entered the kitchen. Her mom wasn’t alone in the kitchen. There was someone sitting at the table with her.
♠ ♠ ♠
Short chapter, I know, but the next chapter is where thiiiiingsssss happpppppen!!! And then things get really good from there! Just you wait! :D
Thanks for the comments heartsinruins, katnisseverdeen, xoxo_aj_xoxo, & lovelyhope <3