Status: Completed.

No One Knows You Like I Do

Unless You're Coming Back To Me

Madison told her dad that she would no longer be working in his office. She couldn’t help but feel like a weight had been lifted off her shoulders. She hated working there more than anyone probably should.
As she started packing things for California, she dialed Loren’s number. She held the phone between her ear and shoulder, waiting for him to pick up.
“Haven’t heard from you in a while.” He answered with a smile in his voice.
“I know. I’m sorry. When Nick and I ended things, I kind of stopped talking to everyone except Mackenzie.”
“Understandable. What’s up?”
“I wanted to ask you where you guys are recording. Nick wanted me to stop by and I was able to work it out and everything.”
“That’s awesome! I’m actually not recording with them, though.”
“What?!”
“Yeah, I’m kind of…not in the band anymore. And before you freak out, it was my choice.” He chuckled.
“Oh man, I missed a lot, I see…”
“Things happen.” He shrugged. “I do happen to know where they’re recording, though. I’ll tell you on one condition.”
“And that is…?”
“Come visit me while you’re in California!”
“Of course!”

With her bags in hand, Madison made her way downstairs. She couldn’t believe she was actually flying to California to see Nick. She feared the outcome of the trip, but hoped things could go back to the way they were before. She missed Nick more than anything and she was ready to forgive and forget.
“Where are you off to?” Madison’s mom asked from the doorway of the kitchen. She had been home a lot more than before and it was really starting to get on Madison’s nerves.
“California.”
“What on Earth are you going there for?”
“To see Nick. His band is recording there.”
“He’s in a band?” Madison could tell that with the tone of voice, her mom was not happy. She probably didn’t like him much anymore.
“Yes, he is.”
“I don’t really think he’s good for you.” She sighed.
“And I don’t really care what you think. I…I love him and he loves me. That’s all that matters to me.” Madison pulled open the front door, threw her bags on the porch, and then slammed the door behind her.

Madison boarded her plane and the nerves were kicking in. She sat in her seat and pulled out her ipod. She put her headphones in and tried to calm herself down. She had only done these kinds of crazy things after she met Nick. He was worth the crazy things because, at the end of the day, Madison still loved him and knew he was the one.

******

Justin, Halvo, and Rocket’s new drummer, Andrew, sat on the couch in the studio watching Nick record vocals. They were bored, but had to stay to tell him how he sounded. After a while, Justin heard footsteps in the hallway. He nonchalantly walked toward the hall to see who was walking in. He was at a loss for words when he saw Madison. She waved and gave him a weak smile. He just stared back at her in surprise.
“Justin? You there?” Madison chuckled.
“Yeah, of course.” He chuckled as he pulled Madison into a hug. “What are you doing here?”
“Nick didn’t tell you he asked me to come?” She frowned.
“He did, but, to be honest, I didn’t think you would actually come.”
“I wasn’t sure I was going to either. Mackenzie talked me into it.”
“Figures.” Justin shook his head with a smile. “I’m glad she did, though. It’s good to see you.”
“It’s good to see you, too.” She looked around Halvo on the couch playing with a pencil. “Where’s Nick?” Justin gestured toward the recording booth.
“Recording vocals.” Madison nodded and slowly walked over to the clear glass and watched Nick sing with his eyes closed. A smile spread across her lips.
“Madison?” She turned around to see Halvo.
“Hey.” She smiled.
“Can’t believe you’re really here.”
“Oh, this is Andrew. Our new drummer.” Madison stuck her hand out to shake Andrew’s.
“Nice to meet you.”
“Nice to meet you, too. I’ve heard a lot about you.” He chuckled.
“Why am I not surprised?” She smirked. They continued with casual conversation until Nick walked out of the booth.
“You’re here.” He smiled as Madison turned around to face him. Both of their heartbeats sped up, but Madison smiled through it.
“So, it looks like we can take a break. Be back in an hour.” Justin said before him, Halvo, and Andrew quickly exited the room.
“Let’s, uh, go for a walk, yeah?” Nick said as he nervously ran a hand through his hair. Madison nodded and followed him outside. They slowly walked along the sidewalk in complete silence. Neither knew what to say. Nick shoved his hands in his pockets and looked at Madison walking beside him. She stared at her feet as she walked and Nick could tell she was just as nervous to speak up as he was. He finally decided to speak first. He figured if he didn’t say anything, they would just end up walking around in silence for an hour.
“I’m really glad you’re here.”
“Well, my friend asked me to come, so…” She was still staring at her walking feet and she was talking in a hostile tone.
“Does this mean we can be friends?” He asked hesitantly.
“If that’s what you want.”
“Is it what you want, though?” Madison shrugged. Nick sighed as he pulled Madison onto a nearby bench. He wanted her to stop looking at her feet and start looking at him.
“What were you recording in there?” Madison changed the subject and finally looked into Nick’s eyes.
“Uhm, a song called Baby Blue Eyes. It’s, uh, your song…”
My song?” Nick nodded. “Will you, uhm, sing me the chorus?”
“Uhm, okay.” He cleared his throat. “Baby, baby blue eyes, stay with me by my side, ‘til the morning through the night. Oh baby, stand here, holding my sides. Close your baby blue eyes. Every moment feels right. And I may feel like a fool, but I’m the only one dancing with you.” Madison looked away and they were both quiet. Nick looked around at the people passing by. He didn’t know what else to do.
“Do you…like it?” Madison nodded and looked at him with a smile. “I hoped you would.”
“Nick, do you only want me as your friend? And that’s it?” Nick sighed.
“Come on, Madison. You know me better than that. I only asked if we could be friends because I couldn’t handle losing you completely. My biggest regret in life is fucking things up with you. I need you in my life, even if only as my friend.”
“Nick…” He turned to face her and before he could say anything, Madison’s lips were attached to his. He placed his hands on her cheeks as he deepened the kiss.
“Wait…” Nick said after pulling away. “What are you doing?”
“Kissing you. Is that…okay?”
“I just thought…that you were done with me.”
“I’ve learned in these past weeks that I could never be done with you, Nick. Not really done with you.”
“Does that mean…” Madison nodded and Nick grinned as he reattached their lips.
“Mmm…wait.” Madison said, pulling away with her pointer finger in the air. “I want to take things slower than before. Not like snail speed, but I just want to slow it down a little bit.”
“Done. I’ll take you any way I can have you.” He pecked Madison’s lips again. “How long are you staying in California?”
“Well, I don’t have anything I need to get back to right away, so…”
“So, maybe you’ll stay until I fly back?” Nick smiled hopefully.
“I won’t get in the way, will I?”
“Never.” He brushed his nose against hers before attaching their lips again.
♠ ♠ ♠
Is there anything that I really need to say? ;)

Thanks for commenting katnisseverdeen, heartsinruins, lovelyhope, & mandiimouse. <3