Status: Completed.

No One Knows You Like I Do

Repeating Girl I Love You

Madison sat on the couch with Nick, Justin, and Halvo while Andrew recorded drums. Justin and Halvo were eagerly waiting to ask if Nick and Madison were together again, but neither really knew how to come out with it. They figured they would just wait until they went back to the hotel.
After a few more hours of working out the song they had recorded, they were free to go. It was still early, so they weren’t going to go back to the hotel right away.
“What to do, guys?” Halvo asked as they started walking down the sidewalk.
“Let’s go to the bar.” Andrew offered.
“Madison can’t go.” Nick said.
“It’s fine! You guys go. I’m kind of tired anyway.”
“Let me walk you back to your hotel then.” Nick said.
“Will we see you tomorrow, Madison?” Justin asked.
“Yeah, of course.” She hugged Justin, Halvo, and Andrew before going the opposite direction and heading to her hotel. Nick picked up her hand and intertwined their fingers.
“I missed this.” Madison said. “ A lot.”
“Me too.” He kissed her temple. “I’m glad to have you back.”
“Glad to be back.” She chuckled. “Do you wanna stay with me for a little while? Maybe watch a movie or something?”
“Sure.” He pulled her closer as they continued down the street to Madison’s hotel.

******

Madison had fallen asleep on Nick’s chest and he smiled down at her. He had always found it cute when she fell asleep on him like that. After a moment, his phone vibrated on the table beside him. He picked it up quickly and read the text.
Are you ever coming back? It was from Justin.
Madison fell asleep and I can’t just leave.
I have to ask then, are you guys back together? Nick sighed out loud with a quiet laugh. He was waiting for that question.
Yes.
Justin read the text out loud to Halvo and Andrew. They all cheered and took a shot in celebration.
We’re all happy for you two! We’ll see you guys tomorrow! Nick locked his phone and set it back down. He turned off the TV with the remote and closed his eyes. He pulled Madison closer and sleep came quickly.

******

Nick was recording vocals again and Madison stood by the clear glass to watch. She loved watching him sing because he was always so passionate about it. She smiled as he looked up and saw her watching.
“You guys have always been great together.” Justin said from behind Madison.
“You’re just so cute!” Halvo said in a baby voice.
“Thanks?” Madison chuckled. “I’m glad you guys are our #1 fans.”
“Since day 1!” Halvo cheered.
“Okay, you guys have to tell me because Nick won’t. What’s the name of the album?” Madison grinned hopefully.
“If he won’t tell you, we can’t either. I’ll give you a hint, though.” Justin said.
“I’ll take what I can get!”
“It’s the same name as one of the songs on the album.”
“Oh, but I don’t know all of the song titles!” She crossed her arms over her chest and sat down on the couch.
“You’ll just have to figure them out then, huh?” Halvo laughed, sitting beside her.
“You guys suck!”
“You guys torturing my girl?” Nick asked as her stepped out of the recording booth. Halvo and Justin shouted, “No!” at the same time as Madison said, “Yes!”
“Hmm…” Nick looked around the room with a smirk on his lips. “I’m not sure who to believe.”
“Believe me!” Madison stood up and hugged Nick tightly.
“What are they doing to you, then?”
“They won’t tell me the name of the album, but they told me it’s the same as one of the songs. I don’t know all of the song names. It’s not fair!” Nick laughed.
“It totally is fair! I don’t want them to tell you. I want you to be surprised.”
“Hmph.” She pulled away from Nick and crossed her arms again. Nick pulled her back and kissed her temple.
“Well, I’m done for the day, so we’re gonna go.” Nick said to the guys. There were still some things they needed to track, so they had to stay.
“Who says I want to go with you?” Madison smirked.
“Fine, stay here with them.” Nick started for the door.
“Wait, I was just kidding!” She ran to catch up to him. “No offense, guys. See you later.” The guys waved as Nick and Madison left hand in hand.
“So, where are we off to?” Madison asked.
“Where do you want to go?”
“I’m down for anything.” Nick thought for a minute.
“I want to show you something.” He took her back to the apartment him and the guys were renting while they were there. He took her into the room he shared with Justin and had her sit on his bed while he grabbed his guitar.
“I had this song and it didn’t totally fit with the rest of the album, but I really like it. I was thinking of trying to get in on there as a bonus track or something, but I wanted you to hear it first. I haven’t even played it for the guys, yet.” Madison smiled and couldn’t believe he wanted to show her first.
“I’m excited.”
“Good.” He smiled. “Also, I kind of wrote it about you.”
“Before you play it, I want to know, how many songs did you write about me? Just so I’m prepared, you know?” Nick looked away with a slight blush.
“Madison…”
“Come on, I deserve to know, don’t you think?”
“Yeah, I guess…” He shrugged. “There’s three full songs and certain parts of other songs. That’s just the ones on the album. Then there’s this one that I want to play for you and then little things that won’t ever be heard or seen by anyone.”
“Why not?”
“There just lyrics and they’re not very good.”
“Three songs, huh?” Madison smirked. “What are they called?”
“Well, you already know Baby Blue Eye and I want you to be surprised on the rest. I want you to hear the mastered songs before I tell you.”
“I guess that’s fair.” Madison sighed. “Now, let’s get to business. Play me this song already!”
“Okay, okay!” Nick laughed as he strummed a few random chords. He cleared his throat before he began.
She keeps me up after late phone calls
Dreaming of her arms around me
Well, I think she's beautiful
She thinks I'm going blind

Well, I could spend my life tryin' to write these songs
And I could spend my time tryin' to right my wrongs
Oh, she's worth it
She says that I'm the one

And no one can love you like I can, honey
We gotta make this work
Cause when I get to runnin',
You get to thinkin' that one of us is gonna get hurt.

We could walk around this town like we own the world
But everybody bows at your feet.
Well, they think you're crazy, girl
Well, crazy for a guy like me

When I'm gone
You're the only one I want
When I'm here
You're the only one I need

Cause no one can love you like I can honey
We gotta make this work
Cause when I get to runnin',
You get to thinkin' that one of us is gonna get hurt.

You're right, girl
Well, I don't know what's wrong with me
Cause you need somebody
And I need some growing up.
You're the one who's gonna get hurt.

And no one can love you like I can honey
We gotta make this work
Cause when I get to runnin',
You get to thinkin' that one of us is gonna get

You're right, girl.
Well, I don't know what's wrong with me
You need somebody
And I need some growing up
You're the one that said that I need somebody
And you need some growing up
So no one will ever get hurt.

Nick played the last chord and looked up to see what Madison’s reaction was like. Madison was sitting there grinning; she was speechless.
“What did you think of it?”
“If the other songs on the album are even half as good as that song, I think I might cry when I hear the finished product.”
“Is that a good thing…?”
“Of course, it is, Nick!” She stood up and pulled Nick in for a hug. “I loved it. It needs to be on the album somehow.”
“I’ll work it out, don’t you worry.” He chuckled as he sat on his bed and pulled Madison with him. He kissed her cheek softly as he pulled her closer to him.
“I’m really glad you’re here. I hope you know that.”
“I do. And I’m glad to be here.” They lay back on the bed and stared up at the ceiling in a comfortable silence.
Nick’s phone went off in his pocket. He sighed as he sat up and pulled it out. Justin and Halvo were always famous for their timing. This time, however, it was Andrew. He was already learning to be just like the other two.
“Hello?” Nick said into the receiver.
“Justin told me to call and ask if we’re doing anything tonight.”
“I don’t know. What do you guys want to do?”
“Is Madison joining us?”
“Obviously.”
“Alright, we’ll think of something and I’ll call you back.”
“Well, me and Madison are gonna go eat, so just text me.”
“Sounds good.” The two hung up and Nick stood from the bed. He held out his hand for Madison’s with a smile. She laced their fingers together as she stood up.
******
Madison was off getting coffee for everyone when her phone rang in her pocket. It was Mackenzie’s ringtone, so she knew she had to answer it. She also knew she was in big trouble.
“Hello?” She said hesitantly.
“How could you not tell me, your best friend, that you and Nick are back together?! Instead, I have to hear it from Justin? What is wrong with you?!”
“When did Justin tell you?”
“Just now. I hung up on him and dialed you immediately, but that is beside the point. Why didn’t you tell me?”
“I got caught up!”
“Oh my god, how many times have I told you I don’t want to hear about your sex life?”
“What?! No! We haven’t! We’re taking things slow.”
“Oh, well, what the hell did you get caught up in then?” She asked in confusion.
“Just being with him, okay? I’ve missed him a lot. You know that. Right now is the first moment I’ve been by myself since I’ve been here. I wasn’t going to call you while I was in the room with him!”
“I would have!” Mackenzie shouted and Madison chuckled.
“Whatever. I’m sorry I didn’t call you; I really am.” Mackenzie sighed a very dramatic sigh.
“It’s fine, I guess, but you need to keep me updated from now on!”
“Alright, I promise! Scout’s honor.”
“You were never a girl scout.”
“Doesn’t matter! I have to go get these coffees back to the guys. I’ll call you later.”
“Fine.” They hung up and Madison returned her phone to her pocket. She headed back to the studio.
Once she returned, she set the coffees down before walking over to Justin. She slapped him lightly on the shoulder.
“How could you tell Mackenzie and get me in trouble, you jerk!” She hit him again.
“Ow! No need for hitting! I’m sorry. I just assumed you had already told her and I wanted to know how she felt about it! She always told me how miserable you were. I wanted to know how happy she was. That’s all. I was bored, so that’s why I called her. Then, she hung up on me anyway.”
“Yeah, I know. Then, she called me!” She sighed as she sat down and started sipping her coffee.
“I’m sorry.” Just pulled out a coffee and started to drink it as he sat down next to Madison.
“I am not talking to you for the rest of the day.”
“But you’ll talk to me tomorrow?” Madison nodded her head and looked away. “I can deal with that.” He shrugged.
♠ ♠ ♠
Just a cute little chapter of cuteness. You like? I sure hope so...hahaha
Sorry it took so long! I'm at a friend's house and, well, it's hard to just sit there and type up a chapter, ya know? It's Spring Break, though, so I hope to update again within the next few days. Don't hate me if I don't because I'll be at my friend's all week. :P
Thanks for commenting mandiimouse, katnisseverdeen, & heartsinruins <3