Status: Completed.

No One Knows You Like I Do

Leave All Your Worries

Nick felt bad about everything that had happened the night before. He wanted to make Madison smile, even if only for a little while, so he made her a nice breakfast while she slept. He knew he couldn’t fix the problem, but hopefully he could help her forget, for just a little while.
“What’s going on up here?” Madison said with a smile as she entered the kitchen. Nick turned around to face her and he returned the smile.
“Just wanted to give you a reason to be happy after last night. You don’t deserve to be brought down by your parents.”
“You’re too good to me.” Madison said as she bit into a piece of bacon.
“Well, I only give you what you deserve.” Nick kissed her cheek softly.

******

Nick was fiddling around with his guitar and just messing around while Madison called Mackenzie.
“So, what is it like without me?” Madison chuckled.
“Different, of course. I miss you like crazy, but I’m having fun and Garrett definitely likes having me around all the time.”
“Hmm, I’m sure he is.” Mackenzie could hear the smirk in Madison’s voice.
“Stop it!” Mackenzie laughed.
“Okay, okay. So, Nick I told my parents about the engagement.”
“Holy shit! How did they take it?”
Madison told Mackenzie everything that happened at dinner the previous night. She explained how she had been embarrassed, but even more hurt. “Wow, that’s not good at all.”
“Nope.” Madison sighed. “I don’t know what to do.”
“How’s Nick doing after that whole fiasco?”
“He asked if I still wanted to be together. As if after everything we’ve been through together I would just end everything now.”
“Your parents will come around. You’ll just have to talk to them again and give them time to warm up to Nick. Your mom will be easiest to get on your side, that’s for sure. She loved Nick before she heard what your dad had to say.”
“I’ll have to get her on my side quickly, or else she’ll have too much time with my dad while he just makes everything seem really bad.”
“If I were you, I’d go talk to her ASAP.”
“I’ll go tomorrow. Nick has plans with Johnny while he’s in town and it’ll be easier to get away when he’s already out. Plus, the whole situation would be better off if he’s not around when I talk to my mom. She’ll appreciate it.”
“Sounds like a good plan.”

******

Madison waited until Nick took off to get together with Johnny. She decided against telling him where she was headed because he would most likely try to talk her out of it. He wouldn’t want her to go through the same thing that happened the other night without him there by her side. So, once Nick was out the door, Madison grabbed her things to head over to her parents’ place. She knew she had a few hours before Nick returned, but she had to be home before him. If not, he’d question where she was and Madison knew she wouldn’t be able to come up with a good enough excuse.

Madison pulled up to her parents’ place and took a few deep breaths before getting out of her car. The good thing about going over to see her mom during the day was that her dad would be at work and Madison would be able to talk her mom into being on her side rather than his.

“Madison, dear, what are you doing here?” Her mother looked utterly shocked to see her standing in the doorway.
“Hello to you, too, Mom.” Madison bit her lip nervously. “Can I come in and talk?” Her mom looked at her watch and thought it over.
“Alright.” Madison stepped inside and walked straight into the living room to sit on the couch. Her mother closed the front door before following. “What are you here to talk about?”
“I wanted to explain to you how much Nick means to me.”
“Madison-” She sighed.
“You need to hear me out. I love him. He’s everything to me. When Mackenzie and I were fighting, he was there to comfort me. He knew things were going to work themselves out even when I didn’t. He listens to me; you don’t.”
“Your father and I listen to you.”
“No, you’ve never listened to me! You don’t even know half the things that go on in my life. I bet you didn’t even know that Mackenzie and I were fighting.”
“Well, no, but-”
“Exactly! You never know when anything happens to me. You don’t notice when I’m sad or upset or anything! Nick does because he loves me. He cares about me, Mom. He cares about me more than Dad or you ever could. If you want to be out of my life, fine, but I came here to tell you that when Nick and I get married, we’ll do it with or without your blessing or your presence. This will be the last time you ever see or speak to me. I’ll continue to visit Josh because he’s my brother, but you and I will be done. The same goes for Dad.” Madison stood up and headed for the door as her mom just sat in the living room in silence. She reached for the door handle, but was stopped by the sound of her mother’s heels clicking against the tile floors as she head Madison’s way.
“Madison, please stop. You’re my only daughter. I love you, sweetheart. Even if it seems like I don’t sometimes. I don’t want you to feel like you can’t talk to me. I’ll listen any time! And I want to be apart of your life, even if your father doesn’t. If Nick makes you happy, I can’t argue with that. I just want your happiness.” Madison smiled as her eyes welled up with tears.
“Do you really mean that?”
“Of course. You’re still my baby girl.” Madison pulled her mom in for a hug and cried tears of happiness.
“You don’t know how much this means to me.” Madison laughed as she wiped her eyes.
“You don’t know how much it means that you’ll let me continue to allow me to stay in your life.”
“Mom…” She bit her lip nervously again. “Will you…will you try to talk to Dad for me?” Her mother sighed and looked down at her feet.
“I’ll try, but you know how your father is. He’s stubborn and there’s no guarantee it will change anything. You’ll have to talk to him again, too, you know.”
“I know.” Madison nodded. “But just talk some sense into him before I give it another go, will ya?”
“I’ll try my best.” She paused. “Won’t you stay for lunch?” Madison looked at the time. She thought it over for a moment.
“Okay, but I can’t stay too long.”
“Thank you.” The two went into the kitchen to have a quick lunch.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry this took me so long! Also sorry it's so short and not that great, but it was the only thing that I could get out. There's only one more chapter to this before this story is done. Once this is finished, I'll probably take a short break to get some chapters done on the sequel. I want to have a few chapters prewritten before I start posting it, so I can be ahead and actually have a schedule for when I'll post new chapters.
Here's the link for the sequel. I'll post a summary on there after I post the last chapter of this story.
Thanks for reading. :)