Status: Completed.

No One Knows You Like I Do

You Say Darling What Happened

It was Friday. The day of Nick and Madison’s first real date. The only problem was that Mackenzie wanted Madison to come over to her house for the weekend.
“I have plans tonight.” Madison replied.
“Oh, that’s fine. Come tomorrow then. But what are you doing tonight?”
“Uhm, you know, things….”
“Things? Just things? No details on these things?”
“It’s nothing too exciting, really.”
“You’re going out on a date.” She smirked.
“What?! I mean…..how do you know?”
“You’ve been texting someone all day. You’re practically glued to your phone today. You’re going out with someone, aren’t you? Who is it?! Is it someone I know?”
“I don’t know…..I, uh, don’t want to talk about it and jinx it, you know? So, how bout we just drop it, yeah?”
“Okay, okay. But make sure you call me and give me details when it’s over.” They were in front of Mackenzie’s house now and she was opening the door to leave.
“I’m sure you won’t be interested in hearing any details.”
“Of course I will! You’re taking the steps to get over Nick. I’m so proud of you.” She smiled genuinely. “Don’t doubt for a second that I don’t want to hear about it. I’m your best friend. I want to hear everything!” Madison so badly just wanted to shout I’m dating Nick! just to get it off her chest and deal with her anger now instead of later. But before she go the chance, Mackenzie was already at her front door, opening it and going inside. She sighed as she turned around and headed home. She had to get ready herself ready; Nick would be there at six to pick her up. He said they had reservations at seven, but because they had to drive a little farther out of town, they had leave early.
She got home and went to her closest. She had no idea what to wear. She had a few ideas, but she couldn’t decide on just one. This would normally be the time for her to ask her best friend for advice, but there would be no way for her to ask which dress she should where without asking which dress would Nick like more on her. Of course she wanted to tell Mackenzie the truth; it was eating her alive all week. But she knew how Mackenzie felt about Nick. She loved that Mackenzie was so protective, even more so since that summer, but she wouldn’t even give Nick a chance to show her he would be good Madison. So, that left Madison to lie to her best friend.
Madison finally ended up choosing a simple dress that had a plain top half and a flower print bottom half. With some black heels and her hair slightly curled, the dress looked more dressed up than it would have with straight hair and flats. She pulled out a black cardigan in case she got cold later, although she hoped that Nick would use that as an excuse to hold her closer.
Nick pulled up in front of Madison’s house at six o’ five. He was nervous and excited all at once. He knocked on the door and, to his surprise, it wasn’t Madison that answered the door. He had been so nervous, he hadn’t even noticed the car in the driveway next to Madison’s.
“Hi, uhm, is Madison here?” Stupid question. Of course she is.
“Yeah. MADISON!” Josh yelled from the bottom of the stairs. “Some guy is here for you!” He turned back to Nick. “She takes forever to get ready. I’m Josh, by the way, Madison’s brother. And you are….?”
“Nick. It’s a pleasure to meet you.” He held his hand out for Josh to shake, which he did.
“Are you and my sister….dating?” Josh asked curiously.
“Uhm, yes….is that a problem?” Even though Josh was Madison’s younger brother, Nick was a bit frightened by him. He knew that if he wanted to, Josh could probably kick his ass.
“Nope. You seem like a cool dude. Why are you dating her?” He chuckled. Madison appeared at the bottom of the stairs.
“Shut up, Josh.” She shot back.
“Hey, you know I’m kidding with you! I’m just giving Nick here a hard time.”
“Whatever. I’ll see ya later, we’re off to dinner.” Madison grabbed Nick’s hand and started pulling him out the door.
“Have fun.” Josh said over his shoulder as he started up the stairs for his room.
“You’ll just have to ignore him.” Madison said as they reached Nick’s car.
“It’ll be easy to, if I’m looking at you.” He smiled, obviously complimenting the way she was dressed.
“Thanks.” She blushed.
“God, you’re so cute when you blush like that.” He got into the car and kissed her on the cheek before putting the key in the ignition.

After dinner, Nick invited Madison over to his place. It would be the first time she’d be there and she was kind of excited. She wanted to get a little look into his life, other than what she saw in person.
“I just want to warn you, Justin’s here. He’s staying for a little while. We’re doing some writing and whatnot.” Nick said as he unlocked the door. He stepped aside and let Madison enter first. She saw Justin sitting on the couch, in what appeared to be the living room, watching TV. He looked up.
“Hey, Madison. It’s nice to see you again.”
“Nice to see you, too.” She smiled.
“I’m glad you and Nick are together, because he wouldn’t shut up about you all summer. He had a personal vendetta against Halvo for busting his phone and losing your number. He barely talked to him the whole time we were on tour.” He chuckled.
“Alright, we get it. Come on.” Nick picked up Madison’s hand and laced their fingers together as he lead her to his room.
“See you later, Justin.” She laughed.
♠ ♠ ♠
Wanted to update again, even though I didn't get any comments. I hope you like it. :)

I don't normally do this, but I just updated another one of my stories and I hope anyone that reads this, that isn't already, will go read that and give me some feedback? Here's the link: Nothing to Something.
Thanks, loves. <3