Status: We'll update as much as we can.

I'm Not a Monster, but Together We Can Live Forever

The Count

Kris’s POV

I decided to drive Gena home, hoping that it would ease some of the tension. I actually felt bad for the chick, because I knew how bad Sam’s wrath can be. I drove back to Matt’s place after dropping Gena off and Sam was still upstairs, I’m guessing. Zack had a look on his face that was hard to decipher, but it was a mix between pissed and thoughtful. I decided to go look for Sammi, deciding that we should go home. I found her in the guest bedroom, a notebook in her lap. I knew that she only wrote stuff down when she was absolutely pissed, so it was kind of like walking around a landmine; one slip up and there will be an explosion.

“Hey, you wanna go home?” I asked. She looked up at me and nodded before getting up and following me downstairs. We said goodbye to everybody before leaving, and of course Jimmy hugged us.

“I wanna get a cat,” Sam said as soon as we got in the car. I looked over at her to find that she was completely serious.

“Okay, we’ll get a cat this weekend-” I started, but got cut off by Sam.

“I want one now!”

I sighed, knowing that when Sam was like this the only thing you could do was obey her. It’s not like I have anything against cats, I just don’t know if we have enough money for one. We just got jobs.

“Okay, we’ll go to a shelter and get one.”

I started the car and went trolling for an animal shelter. We found one about ten minutes later, and Sam practically jumped out of the car. Why she wanted a cat so badly was beyond me. We looked at all the cats, but there was this one that had its paw on the bars and looked really cute. It had short, black fur and I was pretty sure it was a boy. Sam seemed to like that one, too, so we told the employee that it was the one we wanted. After about an hour of filling out paperwork and boring stuff, we finally got to leave. Sam held it in her lap the whole time. I was glad it wasn’t jumpy or anything, because then I would get pissed.

I dropped Sam off at the apartment so I could go to the store and get some cat stuff, and the shit was expensive. When I got back to the apartment I noticed Jimmy’s car, so I figured the Sammi must’ve called him or something. As soon as I stepped through the door I saw Jimmy lying on the floor like a turtle on his back, playing with the cat. Sam and Leana came over and helped me with the bags and stuff, and I was surprised to see them getting along.

“What’s up with Jimmy?” I asked, nodding my head in his direction. Leana shrugged with an amused smile on her face.

“Do we ever know?”

I laughed, shaking my head. We set up all the toys and the litter box, which I was not going to have fun cleaning. By the time we were finished, Jimmy was doing the thing where you have the cat chase a laser pointer. I went up to him and grabbed it from him, automatically getting a pouty face.

“You can give a cat brain damage by doing that,” I said, putting the pointer in my back pocket.

“But Kriiiiissss, I was having fun with Count Pounce!” I raised my eyebrow at him.

“Count Pounce?” I repeated. He nodded with a smug smile on his face.

“Sam said I could name him, so I named him Count Pounce.”

For added measure, he stood up and put his hands on his hips like he was Superman or something.

“I worry about you sometimes,” I said, patting his head.

“My mom says I’m special!” he called after me. I just laughed and shook my head.

I walked to the kitchen, finding Sam and Leana talking about something. Ugh, girl talk. I walked past them and to the fridge, grabbing a Pepsi.

“You let Jimmy name our cat?” I asked as soon as they stopped talking. Sam looked at me sheepishly, shrugging her shoulders.

“I didn’t know he would name it Count Pounce,” she laughed. “Besides, it’s got a certain ring to it, right?”

“It sounds like a type of cereal,” I said, opening the Pepsi.

“A delicious type of cereal,” Jimmy scoffed, coming into the kitchen. He grabbed the Pepsi out of my hand and chugged it, but basically spit all of it out and clutched his head. “BRAINFREEZE!”

“Stick your thumb to the roof of your mouth,” Leana commanded, trying to not laugh.

While Leana tried to help Jimmy who was basically rolling on the floor right now, and Sam was rolling on the floor with laughter, I heard a knock at the door. I walked around everybody and went to answer it, finding Brian and Zacky on the other end. I gaped up at them, because Zack had some serious balls showing up here.

“Whatcha doin’ here?”

“We heard you got a cat,” Brian said, moving past me and into the apartment. I watched him a bit before turning back to Zacky, a questioning look on my face.

“You sure Sammi won’t freak seeing you right now?”

He shrugged his shoulders, a solemn look on his face. “I just wanna talk things over with her.”

I nodded, moving so he could come inside. I pointed in the direction of the kitchen, and Zacky walked that way. I went over to where Brian was playing with Count, basically torturing him. I stood, watching him until he randomly got up and hugged me. I enjoyed it until he grabbed my ass, making me jump. I pulled out of the hug and saw him with the laser pointer in his hand, that sexy smirk on his face. I rolled my eyes, playfully punching his arm.

“Next time just ask, dick face,” I muttered, sitting on the couch. Brian just laughed at me, playing with the cat some more.

“What’s its name?”

“Count Pounce,” Brian turned around and raised his eyebrow. “Jimmy named it.”

He nodded, turning back around. “I was thinking about getting a dog. A small one, like a Maltese.”

“Really? I would’ve pegged you for a Pit Bull type of guy.”

“Nah, the smaller ones are less of a hassle.”

I nodded, watching the cat attack the wall. Leana and Jimmy came out of the kitchen, looking like they had just got yelled at by their parents. They sat on the couch, their heads hanging and mumbling under their breath. Now I can see why these two are together.

“What happened?” I asked, poking Jimmy in his side. He shuffled around awkwardly, rubbing his side as if I just shanked him.

“Sam and Zack happened,” he grumbled. I looked back towards the kitchen, but couldn’t really see anything.

I wondered what they were doing now, but knowing them, it could be anything.
♠ ♠ ♠
Fuck me while I'm running. Cramps suck dick. And, to top it all off, my computer is being slow as fuck :(
But, I AM WATCHING THE FRESH PRINCE OF BEL AIR!!!!
Take it away, Babe :)