Status: We'll update as much as we can.

I'm Not a Monster, but Together We Can Live Forever

Maryland

Kris’ POV

It was 9:45 and Sam was still in the shower, while I was doing my hair. I looked around my blank room, remembering all the memories. The best memory was when we all gathered together and painted my room, which looked like a tornado of color hit it. It seriously sucked leaving Huntington, but the job of Sam’s dreams was in Maryland, and it was also an opportunity for me. Sam’s future boss is a huge part of Cartoon Network, and I’ve always wanted to become a cartoonist. It might be my obsession with the Joker, but you never know.

At exactly 10:00, the doorbell rang. Sam was still getting ready so I ran down the steps and opened the door to be met with Jimmy’s face. He squealed and picked me up in a huge hug. I attempted to hug him back but just gave up, as my arms were pinned to my sides. Someone finally made him put me down, and I gave him a proper hug.

“I can’t believe you’re leaving us,” He muttered, putting on his puppy-dog face.

“I know, Jim-Jam, I’m gonna miss you too.”

The rest of the guys followed him in and immediately went to the kitchen, starting to make a mess. Val stood next to me and watched her boyfriend open every cupboard.

“Hey! We were gonna make pancakes,” Sam said, coming downstairs.

“With what? All of your food’s gone!” Zacky shouted.

“Calm down, fat ass, we put stuff in the mini-fridge.”

He pretended to be hurt at the fat ass comment, but then brightened up at the idea of mine and Sam’s famous pancakes. After everything was cooked and the guys were actually full, we put our luggage into the car. Well, Val, Sam and I made the guys put our bags into the car. I was surprised that all of our shit fit in the medium-sized car. Then, we hung in our basement one last time, sitting in a circle drinking some beer that JB brought, the cold floor of the basement under our asses. Brian looked very sad next to me, and I hated seeing those brown eyes all depressed.

“What’s wrong, Bear?” He smiled at the nickname I gave him in 7th grade.

“You’re leaving, and I’m sad.”

“I noticed that, but don’t be sad. We’re gonna see you again, and you guys are gonna be rockstars, Sam’s gonna be rich as hell, and I’m gonna be a famous artist.”

I wrapped my arm around Brian’s waist and leaned my head on his shoulder. His cheek rested on the top of my head, and I could feel him frown.

“Hey, we should get goin’ to the airport.” Sam said, indicating to her watch.

Everyone got up and went to their cars as Sam and I hung back, looking at our old house one last time. This fucking sucks.

“No! Don’t leave!” Jimmy yelled, holding onto Sam and I, making a scene at the airport.

“Jimmy, you need to let us go,”

“Never!”

“C’mon Jim, you’re causing a scene.” Matty B said, pulling Jimmy away from us.

We said goodbye to everybody, some shedding a few tears, not to mention any names Zacky, Jimmy, JB, and Val . We waved to them as we went to the gates, boarding the airplane to go all the way across the country.

~

Maryland was beautiful; of course, not as beautiful as California. We settled into the house pretty quickly; there wasn’t much to unpack. I gave Sammi the biggest room, because she needed it. The place was decent-sized, the best our money could afford. I could tell that Sammi was still upset about Zacky, and he better hope that she feels better soon or I will fly all the way back to Huntington just to beat his ass.

Maryland was a lot less sunny than Cali, that I noticed right away. I don’t know why, but everything just seemed so more stuffy. It was pretty late when we got there, so we went straight to sleep after getting our mattresses in the house. I couldn’t really fall asleep because everything was completely different. Sam passed out right away, a trait that I was jealous of. Fucking insomnia. . .

I woke up to the sun in my eyes, making a mental note to get curtains. Sam and I were going shopping today for stuff that we would need to make this place more like home. She was already awake when I stumbled downstairs. Yeah, I’m not a morning person. The kitchen had some food in it and Sam was up on the counter eating cereal.

“Morning,” I muttered, going straight for the coffee pot.

“Morning, sleepy-head,” She smirked.

“Well, I’m sorry that I don’t have the special ability to go to sleep within two seconds.” She laughed at my pathetic attempt at a comeback.

“I’m gonna take the first shower, seeing as you just stand under the hot water for a half hour,”

She put her bowl in the sink and rinsed it out, hopping down from the counter.

“It’s relaxing,” I muttered under my breath.

It will definitely be a new experience to go shopping without Jimmy ramming into everything and Zacky sneaking every item of food he wanted into the cart. I sure was gonna miss those crazy assholes. Sammi finished with her shower after I got done eating an apple, so I hopped in after her. That’s something I love about Sammi; she always leaves hot water for me. And she was gonna hook me up with an animation job, which I owed her for. I just really hoped that leaving California would benefit us in the long run.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ehhh